Peugeot 908 HDi FAP or Audi R10 TDi?

  • Thread starter Thread starter h3ro17
  • 136 comments
  • 44,139 views
haven't tried the R10, but I'm not goin to buy it because its a prize car :sly:

Do you have some mysterious update to GT5 that none of us has?
 
I used this thread to help me buy a car fast enough to win Gran Turismo Allstars and Like The Wind race series. Like some of the speculation in this thread, I too was going off the results from recent 24 Hours of Le Mans results to choose either an Audi R10 or Peugeot 908. I went with the 908 because a) it's cheaper, and b) it looks like I'll win an R10 later in the game.

The folly of this real life speculation was the assumption that these modern race cars could easily best the late-80's/early-90's beasts in the game (Sauber Mercedes, Minolta Toyota, Mazda 787B). Is the power difference due to new regulations? Or perhaps these modern cars are tuned for endurance efficiency?

Personally, I prefer a slight disadvantage to challenge myself, but it was extremely difficult to get BOB to win those series in B-spec mode. I had to make my BOB go back and do those series again with the Minolta Toyota I won in A-spc mode.

While on the subject of real life comparisons, and to add information to this thread's main question, check out this recent news item. It seems like Audi is going with the closed cockpit after being bested by the Peugeots last year!
 
I like both, but I prefer Audis. I loved the R8 race cars, both the look and the way they raced. I also liked that they didn't sound like a low-power vacuum cleaner but hey Diesel racing is the future I guess.
 
It seems like Audi is going with the closed cockpit after being bested by the Peugeots last year!

Audi said it went with a closed cockpit because of efficiency. The new rules called for a smaller engine, meaning less power. Thus, they wanted to gain more aero with a closed cockpit. Also because now only 2 mechanics are allowed to work on the car during pit stops, pit stops take more time and driver changes isn't much of an issue for closed cockpits anymore. Just what I've read. I'm still a Peugeot fan though.

Oh, and I like driving the 908, its definitely fun around Nurburgrip GP and Monza for me.
 
I made a thread not too long about this asking this exact same question, use the search function.

So instead of answering what the final result was, you complain about it and tell him to search.

While writing the car title would be faster. Nice work!
 
Audi said it went with a closed cockpit because of efficiency. The new rules called for a smaller engine, meaning less power. Thus, they wanted to gain more aero with a closed cockpit.

I can already hear the noobs complain that the R18 in GT6 is slower than the R8 '01.

With the rules changing all the time, newer isn't always faster...
 
908 is faster in every way shape and form.
 
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP all the way.
Its faster, it got better handling and better looking.
Only thing Audi is better at is cockpit view which i don't use.
 
Only thing Audi is better at is cockpit view which i don't use.

I used to think that, but once you start doing endurance races, you'll be happy if you can change views from time to time.

After doing the Indy 500 with the 908 I can say that the cockpit view of the Peugeot is quite useless... only rivalled by the cockpit of the Citroen GT :)
 
I used to think that, but once you start doing endurance races, you'll be happy if you can change views from time to time.

After doing the Indy 500 with the 908 I can say that the cockpit view of the Peugeot is quite useless... only rivalled by the cockpit of the Citroen GT :)

It's really grown on me. The side-mirror is a bit confusing, but you get used to it. And you don't have a big field of vision, which makes everything seem to come up so fast, which in turn makes it very exciting to drive. I love taking it around de la Sarthe :D
 
I just so happen to have both and the Pug is ten times faster and has better handling.
In real life however, I hate them both.
Roger Penske and the RS Spyder all day baby!
 
908 is a cool car but......... audi r10 is more fun to drive
 
While on the subject of real life comparisons, and to add information to this thread's main question, check out this recent news item. It seems like Audi is going with the closed cockpit after being bested by the Peugeots last year!

You do realize that Audi R15's swept the podium in 2010 and the Peugeots didn't even finish the race?
 
You do realize that Audi R15's swept the podium in 2010 and the Peugeots didn't even finish the race?

The Peugeots were in the lead for most of the race though, they just fell out due to engine difficulties. So the car is faster, but not as enduring.
 
Weird, I read elsewhere that the prize was the Toyota GT-one.

The GT-one is the prize car for the B-Spec Le Mans 24hr, stated on that same thread if you scroll down a bit more.
 
The 908 has NO downforce on low speed corners(150 km/h -) it will spin. Above it handles
just the same as R10, The R10 has the same issue only below 100 km/h. The 908 is a
bit faster in a straight line/ drag race. Personnally I like the R10 more than the 908.
 
I prefer the 908. Its got a nasty cockpit view though where you can see anything to your right which is annoying.
 
I have the r10 and the only gripe is the same as everyone's, it spins easily. If you use good throttle control then it is unbeatable. Go with the R10.
 
I got the Peugeot. I haven't driven the Audi yet but I'm loving my 908 :) Also, Peugeot beat Audi at the 2010 Petit Le Mans I went to, so I went with the 908.
 
i got both. the 908 seems easier to drive but i love the r10 because of it's cockpit view
 
I only have the R10 so far, drives ok after I got a tune here. But, it eats tires something fierce. Was thinking of 908 for 24hr Nurb when I get there, as the XJR9 was too easy at 24hr Sarthe and I want to use a premium car
Good discussion here guys
 
908, faster and cheaper, and I have both.
 
Back