Playstation 5 Gran Turismo Sport first impressions?

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 36 comments
I've got my hands on a PS5 and I'm working on a video covering this (I've also got a 4K/60fps capture card).

First impressions: the game runs silky smooth on PS5 and loading times are greatly reduced compared to the PS4 Pro. My footage is processing but from what I can see there is no difference in image quality.

Of course, these are pre-1.62 impressions, but I doubt the update will bring any PS5-related enhancements.

I'm kinda curious as to how the update installation will be like for those who are playing it on the PS5 since the Yaris update is imminent.

Wonder if the installation speeds has been improved or something.

Last edited:
I've got my hands on a PS5 and I'm working on a video covering this (I've also got a 4K/60fps capture card).

First impressions: the game runs silky smooth on PS5 and loading times are greatly reduced compared to the PS4 Pro. My footage is processing but from what I can see there is no difference in image quality.

Of course, these are pre-1.62 impressions, but I doubt the update will bring any PS5-related enhancements.
The FIA Exhibition will be interesting to see if there are any differences.

I'm curious about one thing... Does it make use of Dualsenses features? There were reports that GTS on PS5 uses its adaptive triggers. Is this really the thing?

Article will be up later today but the video is online now. As usual, 4K processing on YouTube might take a while.

Thank you Jordan - that was amazingly effective video you have made. We need more of these beautifully compact yet informative videos now that internet it cluttered with rambling video messages.:cheers:

But to the topic itself. PDI not Preparing any kind of update for GTS for PS5 is a massive oversight. Until now I was convinced PDI saw the potential of updateable/expandable e-sports platform in GTS, but it seems I was wrong. I assume it wouldnt have been that much of an effort to make GTS run 4k @ 60fps or even put ray trace in it. Maybe some support for dualsense. Sadly this confirms the fact I cant find a reason to buy PS5. Not really even interested in GT7 as i havent played - let alone enjoyed, any of the offline content since GT5. GT Sport "remastered" would have been my biggest interest.

Damn - this might be farewell to upcoming GT titles and Playstation. Ive been with Playstation since PS1 and the first Gran Turismo and exclusively with Playstation since PS3. Im feeling a bit misty eyed thinking this might be it. Already RTX3080 in order and moving on to pc sims - not least due to PCs support of VR and Sonys announcement of the lack of VR development on PS5.

Wanted to stay and cheer for the Playstation family, but PS5 is just a bit of an anti-climax. Sad day..

Last edited:
Can you not capture internally on the PS5? at 60 frames?????? That`s what I was hoping for.

Im surpriced as well if thats the case. Starting to think as good value as ps5 is, its just not quite "next-gen" feels like PS4 pro-pro. But so does Xbox one XseriesX.. :lol:

The power of the dark side - pc master race, is getting more tempting. Even tho I expected these next-gen consoles to reinforce the light.. :crazy::mischievous:

Last edited:
I have a question, can you test GTsport with T500RS on PS5, because i don't know if t500rs works on PS5..... he works on PS4 but it's not licence official Playstation and sony says only Licence Official Playstation works on PS5.....
....And I have T500RS

Same question for Logitech G29 compatibility... I'd like to be sure that this wheel works fine with PS5 (Logitech said a while ago "it should, we're waiting for Sony's final approval", but no updates since then.

Can you not capture internally on the PS5? at 60 frames?????? That`s what I was hoping for.
Well a SHAREfactory ad on the PS App said on a banner, "Up to 4K and 60fps", so whether that means 4K/60 or 1080p/60 (which is confirmed, I believe) and 4K/30, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Thank you Jordan - that was amazingly effective video you have made. We need more of these beautifully compact yet informative videos now that internet it cluttered with rambling video messages.:cheers:
Thanks for your feedback on the format. Because we are (thankfully) a website and not exclusively a "YouTube channel", we aren't pressed to pad our videos to 10+ minutes. :crazy:

Regarding your other comments, I wouldn't give up on the PS5 just yet... the DualSense alone is a game-changer (and I've only used it with "Astro's Playground"!).

I don't know, but I doubt the internal capture video bitrate comes anywhere close to what can be achieved with dedicated hardware. I'll have to test this out now that you've mentioned it.

I have a question, can you test GTsport with T500RS on PS5, because i don't know if t500rs works on PS5..... he works on PS4 but it's not licence official Playstation and sony says only Licence Official Playstation works on PS5.....
....And I have T500RS
Same question for Logitech G29 compatibility... I'd like to be sure that this wheel works fine with PS5 (Logitech said a while ago "it should, we're waiting for Sony's final approval", but no updates since then.
Sorry, I don't have either of those wheels to test.

Had mine 9 months total crap for GTS worse than a PS4 even with a SSD in one
That is so strange that you are saying GTS is total crap on PS5 and even worse on PS4. Well playing GTS on my PS5 and on PS4 are exactly the same graphics and the are pretty good on both consoles.

I'm switching between ps4 pro and ps5 regularly.

I notice no difference apart from the loading times. (Which are useless in sport mode anyway).
For patching, PS5 takes 27 minutes to copy, PS4 pro 35 minutes to copy the game. Not much gain there.
Dual sense has better rumble but it only comes through on one side. It hasn't been patched for PS5. But I can more clearly feel the edge and type of edge on PS5 despite only getting one sided rumble.

GT Sport still looks the best of anything I own when it comes to HDR. N24 looks amazing this week! I also regularly switch between SDR (projector) and HDR. The bigger projector screen is nice, but HDR visuals also add a whole lot. For example brake lights are so much easier to see in HDR compared to SDR. Pretty significant difference!

Great thing about PS5, I can finally edit clips without the game getting suspended and thus thrown out of the matching queue. No worries faffing about trimming clips on ps5. (You can also capture in 4K on ps5 if you want)

I'm currently waiting on my PS5 to be delivered. Tracking says by end of day, but we'll see how accurate that is. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday; but there was a "delay" and it didn't show up.

My extra controller, charger, and remote showed up, today. But I'm still waiting on the PS5.

One thing I'm NOT going to do is run the PS5 through my AVR. My AVR isn't 4k compatible (4k wasn't a thing when I got it), so it wouldn't show anything above 1080p. My TV is 4k so I'll just run it straight to my TV and use my headphones for sound.

If your AVR has HDMI it likely has ARC as well. If you have your AVR plugged into the HDMI ARC port on the tv you should get sound when using the ps5 on a different HDMI input.

Headphones work really well with ps5 as well. Plug into the controller and very good 3D sound effect with stereo headphones. (But I doubt GT Sport has that, works great with Ghost of Tsushima and The last of us 2)

That is so strange that you are saying GTS is total crap on PS5 and even worse on PS4. Well playing GTS on my PS5 and on PS4 are exactly the same graphics and the are pretty good on both consoles.
No mine is worse om PS5 the car control and braking in live racing is the issue same as PS4 there is a difference between campaign racing racing alone and live racing. The consoles can't handle the ramming jumbled graphics. Have to fix my ps5 after every live race. I also have a spare PS4 with Samsung SSD plus PS5 takes twice as long or more than ps 4 to shut down even been back to Sony under warranty plus I have reinstalled the OS 3 times. I have to fix ps5 hundreds of times since got it PS5 software based on ps4 so same problems but worse done nearly 5000 live races etc lots wins etc so I am not an idiot these consoles are crap but GTS is the best when you can get it working properly

No mine is worse om PS5 the car control and braking in live racing is the issue same as PS4 there is a difference between campaign racing racing alone and live racing. The consoles can't handle the ramming jumbled graphics. Have to fix my ps5 after every live race. I also have a spare PS4 with Samsung SSD plus PS5 takes twice as long or more than ps 4 to shut down even been back to Sony under warranty plus I have reinstalled the OS 3 times. I have to fix ps5 hundreds of times since got it PS5 software based on ps4 so same problems but worse done nearly 5000 live races etc lots wins etc so I am not an idiot these consoles are crap but GTS is the best when you can get it working properly
Are you sure it's not a connection issue/internet issue?

I think your internet is the issue here and not the consoles, because on my both PS4 & PS5 are on wifi and I have no problems what so ever, and I also have a HDR tv and GT Sport is amazing on both consoles :).

Nope connection great tested daily most of you don't notice there is a difference when Live Racing I see lots of you sliding off all over the place also Ethernet connection by cable it's the Live Racing that screws GTS up in the ramming. Yes audio and graphics better on ps5 I use 34" ultrawide Samsung monitor

Last edited:
Nope connection great tested daily most of you don't notice there is a difference when Live Racing I see lots of you sliding off all over the place also Ethernet connection by cable it's the Live Racing that screws GTS up in the ramming. Yes audio and graphics better on ps5 I use 34" ultrawide Samsung monitor
That's either your lag or theirs. Cars sliding around in live racing is due to high ping times between clients. If you see everyone sliding, it's likely your connection acting up. If you only see people with yellow bars or worse sliding around, then it's theirs.

It's ping time that counts, got to test in in GT Sport to get an idea. The network test doesn't help much. I can be intermittent, pauses in your connection, variable ping times. You wouldn't notice watching videos since they buffer. Try this test
https://speed.cloudflare.com/ and look at what it says for jitter at the times you're racing.

What server do you play on? In sport mode it's best to stay in your own region, and in lobbies pay attention to the connection quality. But you still can't prevent people from the other side of the world joining and they will be lagging / sliding all over the place.

Someone here must have PS5. Please do share your experience of GTS on ps5. :)

That's either your lag or theirs. Cars sliding around in live racing is due to high ping times between clients. If you see everyone sliding, it's likely your connection acting up. If you only see people with yellow bars or worse sliding around, then it's theirs.

It's ping time that counts, got to test in in GT Sport to get an idea. The network test doesn't help much. I can be intermittent, pauses in your connection, variable ping times. You wouldn't notice watching videos since they buffer. Try this test
https://speed.cloudflare.com/ and look at what it says for jitter at the times you're racing.

What server do you play on? In sport mode it's best to stay in your own region, and in lobbies pay attention to the connection quality. But you still can't prevent people from the other side of the world joining and they will be lagging / sliding all over the place.
Thanks yes own region and 36 ping test in GTS and have ordered new hub tested it before with my gaming pc thanks for your help and never use lobbies

Back