PlayStation 5 Rumors Latest: Console Reveal Within the Next Six Weeks

Hopefully not. Why show a 3 years old game on your new console. I'd rather see them tease the next generation Gran Turismo.

I feel like they might announce it in one of their World Tour events. Hope to be wrong and see it tomorrow.

Welp, I read somewhere that it is just pre-recorded stuff they're going to show. Don't expect anything other than tech and specifications of the upcoming PS5.

Welp, I read somewhere that it is just pre-recorded stuff they're going to show. Don't expect anything other than tech and specifications of the upcoming PS5.

Well, that's literally what it says in the blog post, so not sure why some people expect more. :lol: The presentation was meant for GDC and is 50 minutes long so there will probably be some tech demos in it.

Mark Cerny is a good easy speaker to listen too.
Im not much into presentations usually prefering good articles like on DF.
But making an exception hehe.

Well Eurogamer got impatient, here are the leaked specs:
81nI3MQ.png

Basically the Series X has substantially more powerful GPU (12 vs 10.28 TFLOPs), everything else is roughly the same specs.

Don't think we will get to see the actual console today.

Well, that really fast SSD system could mean "actual" city tracks in GT7? I'm sure Poly can model a 3D city with a very high quality (like Naughty Dog quality) but the hardware is too weak to display the city at 300 km/h (or even 600 km/h :P )

I think tracks details will be a complete revolution. No more Sainte Croix track (emptiness and ugly textures) .

I really hope this guy doesn't have a YouTube channel - he'd have less followers then me, and I only have 2 - 1 is out of sympathy, and the other is just out to take the mickey.

Edit - OK, I'm done. I was honestly loosing the will to live during that presentation. I'll pick up the salient points later.

10Tflops ow ow, aww well will be easier to wait and see for a pro version with 15tf+ and more memory..

I like this type of presentation, not those silly flashy ones.

10Tflops ow ow, aww well will be easier to wait and see for a pro version with 15tf+ and more memory..

I like this type of presentation, not those silly flashy ones.
9.odd at 2.25?. It goes up to 3.5. That puts it where it needs to be.

What??? Where's the PS5??
This was announced as a hardware architecture deep dive, and that's exactly what it was.

Also everyone, don't immediately discount it based on TFlops vs Xbox. All the optimizations in the surrounding hardware, plus all the coprocessors, may actually make it faster in practice than the xbox

So the PS5 uses some form of Precision Boost, which makes sense because it's Zen 2, but it's really weird that they decided on an obtuse 825GB SSD. :odd:

It seems like the SSD could prioritize TLC and QLC, but it's up in the air at the moment. Interesting presentation, but they really couldn't take it upon themselves to show the damn thing off?

Well the whole system design and every part is important, not just gpu cpu power.
But, i still want also to be sure to get all it can give and at a good performance.

So will wait and see how it goes, and if will be a pro later on.
It is a little underwhelming just from this low key presentation but let's wait and see the results.
Seems you can plug external ssds, but will need to be match the Sony one.

About raytracing, it seems still really early to know what devs can do.
He says it can do global illumination,
shadows although that is very taxing, reflections which he says he saw really good implementation of it with very low usage, and 3d audio.

That's why i want a pro, to be more sure to get all shadows detail and looking great and smooth, and GI etc. looking smooth clean fast. Max physics, audio etc.
And a bigger ssd hopefully, better than spending an external ones after.

Last edited:
OOOOh que lots of xbox vs playstation technobabble from folks who think they know what they're talking about trying to justify their capitalist loyalties rofl Proof is in the games not the hardware... Watching that presentation I was kind of hoping for some silicon valley style comic relief, where's Jin Lang when you need him lol

As someone who plays GT Sport with no sound 90% of the time, all that new sound stuff would be wasted on me. :boggled: :rolleyes:

Hope it works as planned, because they have obviously put a lot of work into the sound. 3D from two speakers has been hit and mostly miss though, given that is not only from two speakers, but also from various quality of speaker in peoples TV's, coupled with the location of the TV and the furniture in a room. Good luck to them.

Latest Posts

Back