Pokémon Games Discussion Thread (Gotta Discuss 'Em All!)

Fair warning for after the 5th Noble. There's a "Point of no return" segment. So if you beat the 5th boss, get your team ready ASAP. The game doesn't even warn you that you'll be stuck with what you have for a bit.

I'm lucky that after I got my full team, I kept it like them for the duration if the game without rotation

Last edited:
Fair warning for after the 5th Noble. There's a "Point of no return" segment. So if you beat the 5th boss, get your team ready ASAP. The game doesn't even warn you that you'll be stuck with what you have for a bit.

I'm lucky that after I got my full team, I kept it like them for the duration if the game without rotation
I figured there might be some kind of endgame marathon, even without anything resembling a Victory Road-type area. All the better that the game's storyline is semi-disconnected from trainer progression, so that you're not constantly pushed forward to keep your most powerful team from being unusable so long as you take a little time to ramp up your trainer rank.

That said, overleveling doesn't even feel like a massive advantage given the lack of abilities and the slightly different way stats work in this game. Not exactly a bad thing though, since it does make you consider whether it's really worth trying to fight everything on the path between you and your objective. That's something that's been missing from Pokemon games for a while.

Internet_20220130_211712_1.jpeg

I have completed the main storyline last night.

Overall feelings on the game, I really don't get it. I barely enjoyed it.

To be more specific, the novelty of a seamless Pokémon overworld and battle system was great to start off with but for me that novelty wore out very fast and then I started seeing a lot of problems.

Except Area 3, the Areas are very bland and uninspiring, almost as empty as the Wild Area in Sword and Shield. The areas only get known by, for which Pokémon are available in the area. Starlink Battle for Atlas planets had more variety going on for them.

Game is also very Let's Goish and I really didn't like it. I don't mind grinding for levels but what I do mind is grinding because I didn't catch enough Pokémon or doing enough research tasks, and it gets really repetitive. No I don't want to catch more than 1 Shinx... but if you don't it's more of a grind to battle and see the moves it uses or use it yourself especially when it isn't apart of your team.

I figured I wouldn't hate the forced EXP. Share here given the game differences but was I wrong, my Pokémon still leveled up too fast and worse off, the Lv. for Pokémon to disobey is now applied to non-traded Pokémon as well, so I ended up grinding more to lift the dumb restriction so my Pokémon don't accidentally level up too high. Because that's what I want, use a Pokémon I love so much that it doesn't even like me back anymore... I get that it's single player focus but a better restriction would be Pokémon obtained above your level limit. Pokémon not bring probably usable is a horrible way to punish overleveling especially with forced EXP. Share

Battles are hit and miss, they are very Let's Go as well and are quick easy, and forgettable but the Action Speed and Order are incredibly vague and I can't get it. Action Order will say if I use a certain move, my opponent gets 1 turn then I do but then they get 2 turns anyway even if those moves say nothing about changing Action Speed. This especially happens in fights against multiple Pokémon. Action Order doesn't show up when Switching Pokémon or using items either so it's total guess work if using the item will get you another turn after or the opponent gets the next turn. It also gets annoying with how EXP now gets handed out after battles but Pokémon still don't get EXP when fainted, so a Pokémon can hard carry a match but for their last Pokémon I have to spam revives on it or it won't get EXP when that's why I sent it out first. At the end of the game I started using the Pokémon with the most EXP. just because it'll faint after then use the Pokémon that needs EXP. the most and it feels really bad that I'm just sending out Pokémon to faint just for this poorly thought EXP. System.

The Bosses in the game, suck. I'm not got to beat around the bush. The Noble Pokémon fights are the worse bosses I have ever played. Worse than Silver from Sonic '06 because at least I do something. It really is just throwing Balms and Dodge rolling without any thought. It's so boring. Arcanine nearly gave me a scare by trapping me in a corner but it doesn't matter because I can dodge roll THROUGH his charging attack at me and don't get hurt.

Just a minor add, I don't get how people say this game is hard? I never realised there was even any Charms that made the game easier and I still wasn't in any danger. I honestly thought this game was really easy.

Then the story, it's fine. I liked Area 3s story while the rest are OK. Nothing too deep or interesting like Gen V or Sun/Moon but it'll do. Characters weren't exactly remarkable (granted holding thoughts off one of them for the post game). I liked Cyllene, she was a hard *** but cared about you, had her own business to do and there was great interactions with her, but every other character eventually boils down to being one of your simps and can't stop praising you non-stop. I really don't like this storytelling, I made jokes that your character is Jesus given the premise but the story treats you like you are Jesus and I really don't like that.

This game is structured very similar to Sun and Moon like Sword and Shield was but Arceus takes the elements from Sun and Moon that Sword and Shield didn't take like singular Pokémon bosses associated with 1 trainer, handicap battles, overly long tutorial, cracks in the sky serving as the main conflict being aided by a legendary, an area without a boss initially but the child/grandchild becomes one and a former battle facility leader that was warped to this world and brainwashed If you combine that with Sword and Shield you just get a worse Sun and Moon and that's what makes this game disappointing for me. Gen VIII as a whole feels like I should just be playing past games as they are just better versions and I thought Arceus could at least stand out but it doesn't. I rather replay Sun and Moon over this. If they like Sun and Moon so much, why don't they just re-release it (oh wait, they did)

To end on a positive note, things I did like. I like most of the new Pokémon and Forms (given that 5 out of 6 of my team are Hisuian Pokémon). I do prefer the original forms for most of them (exceptions like Samurott, who I love just as much as the original and Sneasel and Kleavor which I do prefer over the original/counterparts) but I still really like them, using these new Pokémon/forms was the one thing that was keeping me going. I also love how easy and streamline move teaching is in this game, you weren't going around just for a single move. Trade Items just being normal evolution items is also a plus in my book. Glad they don't have force affection from BDSP.

Overall though, Legends Arceus spread itself in way too many direction and ended up being weak in the middle.

After beating the Post-Game story
Polish_20220131_201540362.jpg

Why wasn't the rest of the game like the Volo battle/story? This was genuinely really good and was the best thing to come out of Gen VIII

The battle gives a lot of tension before it even starts, also doesn't help he has Cynthia's Platinum team (minus Milotic). Cynthia Piano used as the battle theme also made things feel really intense. I felt very familiar to how I was feeling with the bosses with Colosseum and XD and I love it.

Unlike the rest of the game which is really easy and repetitive. This is tough as nails and requires a lot of thought to be put into this battle. Especially when after you beat his Team (which doesn't even say "Battle Decided" which is a nice touch), he sends out Giratina against you unhealed Pokémon who is treated as an Alpha for this battle and then Giratina turns into its Origin form and resets its HP and PP. So you are pretty much going through 8 Pokémon. Which reminds me of Greevil 7 from XD though without the ability to cheese the Legendary. I defeated him first try but it wasn't easy, only had a nearly fainted Arcanine and Zoroark left.

It also has great ties to Platinum. After winning Volo threatens to continue to study and conquer Myths for centuries which are motives of Cynthia (for study) and Cyrus (for conquer) and Giratina let's go of his rage against Arceus and decides to protect Sinnoh/Hisui which we see in Platinum.

Now I'm just sad the rest of game wasn't like this. The stuff with Volo was really fun and will remember fondly unlike the Noble Pokémon and Origin Dialga/Palkia

Got to Arceus. This is the first time I've completed the Pokédex in a Pokémon game, granted that's only because Arceus is locked behind it... I wouldn't have done it if Arceus wasn't.

Does anyone want to my Spiritomb for trade and trade back to me, just so you don't have to do the awful Spiritomb side quest? I really hated it and I don't think anyone should be going through it.

Last edited:
Got to Arceus. This is the first time I've completed the Pokédex in a Pokémon game, granted that's only because Arceus is locked behind it... I wouldn't have done it if Arceus wasn't.
I'd say it's notably less of a hassle just because every Pokemon in the game is catchable or otherwise able to be obtained without the need to trade or transfer. The only ones that are really a bit of annoyance are the other two starters, but that's less of a difficulty thing and more hoping the distortions decide to stop throwing vendor trash at you for like five seconds I DON'T NEED MORE HAUNTERS GEEZ OKAY
Does anyone want to my Spiritomb for trade and trade back to me, just so you don't have to do the awful Spiritomb side quest? I really hated it and I don't think anyone should be going through it.
It's honestly not that bad if you're already scouring the countryside for secrets or just killing time between space-time distortions. The wisps are really easy to see from a distance, especially at night, and once you have all the mobility partner Pokemon actually getting to them is a non-issue. I found 95 before I finally had to look up the rest, and there are already interactive maps that give the exact locations of them all.

It's not nearly as bad as the Isle of Armor's Alolan Diglett hunt, where you can be standing right on top of them and not even know it because there's no cue to activate them.

Also, most satisfying thing: successfully sneaking up on a level 70+ alpha and catching them with the first toss. To think, they used to tell us to stay out of the tall grass because of Pokemon...

I'd say it's notably less of a hassle just because every Pokemon in the game is catchable or otherwise able to be obtained without the need to trade or transfer. The only ones that are really a bit of annoyance are the other two starters, but that's less of a difficulty thing and more hoping the distortions decide to stop throwing vendor trash at you for like five seconds I DON'T NEED MORE HAUNTERS GEEZ OKAY
The Starters are pretty easy, the Professor gives you the other 2 just by talking to him in the post-game

I'm not sure if I'd call it easier as there is no GTS to cheese the harder Pokémon to catch. Granted I wouldn't have completed it no matter how easy it is. I don't actually play Pokémon to "catch 'em all" just get and use the ones I like

It's honestly not that bad if you're already scouring the countryside for secrets or just killing time between space-time distortions. The wisps are really easy to see from a distance, especially at night, and once you have all the mobility partner Pokemon actually getting to them is a non-issue. I found 95 before I finally had to look up the rest, and there are already interactive maps that give the exact locations of them all.

It's not nearly as bad as the Isle of Armor's Alolan Diglett hunt, where you can be standing right on top of them and not even know it because there's no cue to activate them.

Also, most satisfying thing: successfully sneaking up on a level 70+ alpha and catching them with the first toss. To think, they used to tell us to stay out o
I don't agree, I think both quests are equally bad but Diglett is completely optional for the total end goal. You only need it for up to the Alolan Starters giving you leg room, the other Pokémon are available in the Crown Tundra via the Dynamax Adventures

I don't think Spiritomb Wisps were visable that well except in Night. In Night they have really good render distance but anywhere else, is worse than Sword and Shield render distance, this could be just an issue for Handheld mode users as I never play on TV mode but it is really bad doing it. Not to mention tedious, probably more tedious than Spiritomb in Gen IV and you require this Spiritomb unlike Diglett in Sword and Shield, there is no way to get around it aside from trading. I dreaded every moment doing these, not to mention if you picked them up as you like I did, you are going to end up searching needles in a haystack later on when you actually go after it intentionally. It's best to completely avoid them until you are actually going for Spiritomb.

Last edited:
The Starters are pretty easy, the Professor gives you the other 2 just by talking to him in the post-game
But you need multiples to complete the research pages, and while I don't intend on 100%ing everything in the research, I am at least using the red marked ones as primary goals to aim for while I do other stuff now that I have the storyline done. Distortions aren't a total dumpster lottery like surprise trades since you at least get useful items out of them, but it's still irritating when the game won't spawn what you want or does so right when the thing fades away.

That said, I won't bother trying to convince you that it's a worthwhile endeavor as your reasons are playing are different than mine, and "you're playing it wrong" is an argument I think we've both well outgrown. Not everyone's going to want to go through the entire list of guaranteed alpha spawns for the purpose of getting a stealth catch on all of them, after all. In fact I doubt anyone but me wants to do that.

But you need multiples to complete the research pages, and while I don't intend on 100%ing everything in the research, I am at least using the red marked ones as primary goals to aim for while I do other stuff now that I have the storyline done. Distortions aren't a total dumpster lottery like surprise trades since you at least get useful items out of them, but it's still irritating when the game won't spawn what you want or does so right when the thing fades away.

That said, I won't bother trying to convince you that it's a worthwhile endeavor as your reasons are playing are different than mine, and "you're playing it wrong" is an argument I think we've both well outgrown. Not everyone's going to want to go through the entire list of guaranteed alpha spawns for the purpose of getting a stealth catch on all of them, after all. In fact I doubt anyone but me wants to do that.
Oof. This is me with Happiny. Meanwhile I caught Mime Jr extremely quickly.

Does Research Level Perfect get you anything aside from an additional Shiny Roll for any Pokémon you perfect? I know Arceus you only need to catch them all. Research Level 10 everything is required for the Shiny Charm (which is a bit better in this game than others) and you don't need to catch multiple of the same Pokémon for that.

Distortions were annoying for me a bit too. I really don't like how you can't breed so finding Evolutions is almost pointless. It took me 3 Distortions to finally get Shieldon and I found a Bastiodon in the 2nd one... granted, I found them the best way to get multiple Eevees since you'll need at least 8 of the evolutionary line

The Alpha statement alone proves we have different style of play that gave us different experiences in this game :lol:. The only Alpha I didn't ignore or knock out until I decided to actually try and get Arceus was a Shiny Alpha Electivire just before Mount Coronet (which I found right before the final boss so secret penultimate boss :lol:) of course I was more interested in it being a Shiny and less as an Alpha.

Almost the entire game I went by "Stealth is Optional" mindset :lol:.

Last edited:
Here's my semi-regular crapping on Pokémon as a franchise post:

So I got Pokémon Legends from my brother like I thought I would.

It's not the worst game ever made, but it's still a bit off from being what I'd consider a quality product or acceptable standards for 2022. It feels like a late PS2 or early Xbox 360 game at times.

But I like the direction the games are going now. The gameplay is decent if a little repetitive and the focus on the Pokedex as the main story element was nice instead of just beating every trainer's team to a pulp.

I also like strong style and agile style moves. That should be a core part of the battling system now, but I feel like in most games the new turn order system is just a gimmick that'll be thrown out after one game.

Sword and Shield for me was like a solid 4.5/10, I think this game would be somewhere around a 6 or 7 for me.

Just still kind of stinks there are small-scale and Indie JRPG developers who are far more creative and can do way more with a much smaller team and budget than one of the most profitable entertainment IPs in the world.

Last edited:
Does Research Level Perfect get you anything aside from an additional Shiny Roll for any Pokémon you perfect? I know Arceus you only need to catch them all. Research Level 10 everything is required for the Shiny Charm (which is a bit better in this game than others) and you don't need to catch multiple of the same Pokémon for that.
Far as I can tell, just the improved shiny chances. But perfect research basically quadruples your chance on its own, and it stacks with the Shiny Charm, so if you really want a shiny of something it's a useful investment. Of course, there's just as much of a chance you'll find a shiny naturally while doing it since most Pokemon spawn in fives or sixes in any given area and respawn fairly often. I've already got two plus the free Ponyta just from the amount of time I spend doing supply runs in Obsidian Fields.
Distortions were annoying for me a bit too. I really don't like how you can't breed so finding Evolutions is almost pointless. It took me 3 Distortions to finally get Shieldon and I found a Bastiodon in the 2nd one... granted, I found them the best way to get multiple Eevees since you'll need at least 8 of the evolutionary line
That and getting the trading post items for free is the best use for them, though I do admit I like how chaotic they can get when you ignore catching and just try to grab up all the items while everything is actively trying to turbo-murder you.
The Alpha statement alone proves we have different style of play that gave us different experiences in this game :lol:. The only Alpha I didn't ignore or knock out until I decided to actually try and get Arceus was a Shiny Alpha Electivire just before Mount Coronet (which I found right before the final boss so secret penultimate boss :lol:) of course I was more interested in it being a Shiny and less as an Alpha.

Almost the entire game I went by "Stealth is Optional" mindset :lol:.
Yeah, a shiny alpha is a trophy you just don't ignore. :lol: I was kind of avoiding them at first, but when I realized that it was possible to stealth catch them, they have powerful move tutor moves pre-learned, and you can get a ton of EXP without having to waste a ton of resources fighting them, they became a priority. And honestly, having a Rapidash that's taller than a tree is just plain rad.

aISS8No.jpg

I don't even really like stealth games, but now I hear the music kick in or see red glowing eyes and it's like "Agent 47, your target is nearby".

Here's my semi-regular crapping on Pokémon as a franchise post:

So I got Pokémon Legends from my brother like I thought I would.

It's not the worst game ever made, but it's still a bit off from being what I'd consider a quality product or acceptable standards for 2022. It feels like a late PS2 or early Xbox 360 game at times.

But I like the direction the games are going now. The gameplay is decent if a little repetitive and the focus on the Pokedex as the main story element was nice instead of just beating every trainer's team to a pulp.

I also like strong style and agile style moves. That should be a core part of the battling system now, but I feel like in most games the new turn order system is just a gimmick that'll be thrown out after one game.

Sword and Shield for me was like a solid 4.5/10, I think this game would be somewhere around a 6 or 7 for me.

Just still kind of stinks there are small-scale and Indie JRPG developers who are far more creative and can do way more with a much smaller team and budget than one of the most profitable entertainment IPs in the world.

For me I think Gen VIII has been a horrible one. None of the games I would consider replaying once we move on to next Gen. I'd rather play Platinum over BDSP and I'd rather play Sun/Moon over Sword/Shield and Arceus. They do the same things but much better.

Especially from my perspective. Just before BDSP and Arceus I was playing through Gen III games of Colosseum, XD: Gale of Darkness and LeafGreen and I had much more fun with the Gen III games. I didn't feel carried and had to engage with the games. Colosseum and XD are still my favourite way of catching Pokémon, having to steal them mid battle against and enemy trainer in a Double Battle. Bosses and Characters are much more interesting than anything Gen VIII as a whole provided except for BDSP Cynthia and Volo. Volo especially feels like he was made by a completely different developer (though finding out he only had 2 moves mastered and his Roserade only had 3 moves was a let down as he could've done such more)

Last edited:
I don't suppose there's much reason to plan one's team in Legends Arceus beyond which starter they plan to pick, right? I mean, first of all, it seems that your most common opponents are the wild Pokemon themselves, and the entire battle system is different, too - not that I mind this experimentation at all. I think what I'll do, is start with Cyndaquil, then sort of play things by ear, and get a better and better idea of what I want my team to look like as I actually play around with the battle mechanics.

I do love Legends Arceus' idea of essentially getting rid of EVs/IVs and replacing them with Effort Levels, though. If they keep something like that in the next game, I'd be infinitely more inclined to do competitive play for real.

EDIT: I'm also hoping some changes to the battle mechanics come to the next, more orthodox Pokemon game, like how Hidden Power now has a lower base power of 50, but in exchange, will always change to a type that's the most effective. Or how they replaced the Frozen and Sleep statuses with two similar but also quite different conditions, being Frostbite and Drowsiness, respectively.

EDIT2: Within the context of Legends Arceus, I think I'm likely going to use the female Basculegion over the male, since its offensive stats are much closer to each other, potentially making way for a mixed attacking set. Whereas the male has a much higher physical attack, but no physical ghost STAB. Probably gonna give the aforementioned female specimen Wave Crash/Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Double-Edge. Speaking of which, Overqwil doesn't seem to get any good physical dark STAB, either, which is especially pretty bad when it has a good base physical attack of 115, but a measly base Sp.Atk of 65.

EDIT3: I still maintain my belief that Zen Headbutt could use an accuracy buff to 100%.

EDIT4: Hey, how does Stealth Rock/Stone Axe work in this game, anyway? Does it work a bit like it does in other games, where the damage done (over multiple turns in Legends Arceus) is based on how much the target takes from rock-type attacks?

EDIT5: OK, here's my proposed team for Legends Arceus - how's it look?

Hisuian Typhlosion - Infernal Parade/Flamethrower/Thunder Punch/Calm Mind
Hisuian Lilligant - Sleep Power/Close Combat/Leaf Blade/Poison Jab
Tentacruel - Sludge Bomb/Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Dazzling Gleam
Kleavor - X-Scissor/Stone Axe/Close Combat/Quick Attack
Garchomp - Dragon Claw/Rock Slide/Earth Power/Poison Jab
Alakazam - Psychic/Shadow Ball/Dazzling Gleam/Tri Attack

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Effort Levels myself. Granted I don't like IVs either and that always felt arbitrary and unnecessary competitive wall. But Effort Levels just maxing everything dumbs down Pokémon and what variety you have to consider like with EVs. EV Training isn't even hard anymore now that vitamins can go up to the 252 EV instead of capping at 100 and the Power Bands are buffed since Sun and Moon. I find getting Effort Level rocks more of a chore as well at least with EV vitamins you just need money. Effort Level works in a single player game like Arceus but not in competitive where it's just dumbing it down.

Hidden Power change was only done because IVs aren't accounted for in Arceus (which is the only defence as to why IVs still need to be a thing). Not to mention only Unown can know Hidden Power now unless you transfer from a past Gen.

I would like to see Frostbite be used in future Pokémon games as Frozen was always gimmicky and Special Attackers need a competitive beef as a pot of anti attacking strats only target Physical. Dowsy, I'm not too sure. Sleep would be a pain to lose.

However I doubt most of these are at all carrying over to the VGC viable games. Some of these like Quality of Life improvements and maybe Frostbite will be but Arceus changes was all because it had no competitive to consider so it could whatever it wanted for a single player experience. I also find it silly how people are judging the Hisuian Pokémon competitively already when moves have been altered to justify this experience. I'd wait until we can transfer them to Pokémon HOME and see what their core gameplay moves do before judging.

Hey, how does Stealth Rock/Stone Axe work in this game, anyway? Does it work a bit like it does in other games, where the damage done (over multiple turns in Legends Arceus) is based on how much the target takes from rock-type attacks?
You just take a set damage after every move you do.

Speaking of which, if Stone Axe and Careless are going to have an Entry Hazard effect as a bonus in the main games since they have the same effect as Stealth Rock in Arceus. Kleavor and Hisuian Samurott will be interesting to see perform (though that's only if)

EV Training isn't even hard anymore now that vitamins can go up to the 252 EV instead of capping at 100 and the Power Bands are buffed since Sun and Moon.
Huh, neat. When did they let you start letting you raise EVs to 252 with vitamins? And I can’t remember, but how were the power items buffed in S/M?

Last edited:
Huh, neat. When did they let you start letting you raise EVs to 252 with vitamins? And I can’t remember, but how were the power items buffed in S/M?
Vitamins going to 252 started with Sword and Shield.

Power Items were buffed in Sun and Moon because the extra Effort Values generated were doubled to 8 as opposed to 4 in previous games

Vitamins going to 252 started with Sword and Shield.

Power Items were buffed in Sun and Moon because the extra Effort Values generated were doubled to 8 as opposed to 4 in previous games
Do the vitamins really cap off at 252, or do they go to 255?

pokemon_decidueye.png

pokemon_typhlosion.png

pokemon_samurott.png

Official artwork has been revealed for the rest of the Pokémon.

Hisuian Decidueye looks a lot better in its artwork than its in-game model. I don't know what went wrong with it in-game. Typhlosion looks worse if you ask me, I agree with EngieDiesel now in it looks like it's sick and hasn't eaten :lol:. I really love Samurotts though I love the original anyway and Hisuian Samurott is similar in art form as it doesn't show the non-symmetry helmet or sword.

Last edited:
View attachment 1114712
View attachment 1114713
View attachment 1114714

Official artwork has been revealed for the rest of the Pokémon.

Hisuian Decidueye looks a lot better in its artwork than its in-game model. I don't what went wrong with it in-game. Typhlosion looks worse if you ask me, I agree with EngieDiesel now in it looks like it's sick and hasn't eaten :lol:. I really love Samurotts though I love the original anyway and Hisuian Samurott is similar in art form as it doesn't show the non-symmetry helmet or sword.
Decidueye's in-game model looks a lot like it's a modified version of the original's Sword/Shield model, and I think that's kind of skewing its proportions from how the artwork depicts it. Fortunately Triple Arrows is such a wonderful setup move that it doesn't bother me that much.

Typhlosion's look makes a lot more sense after reading up in what it's based on, it's essentially a creepy ancient Japanese undertaker so having an unsettling, gaunt appearance is actually very fitting. Even moreso when you're comparing to the CHONKY BOI look of the original.

And now that there's proper artwork of it, I'm liking this version of Samurott more too. It looks much less edgelord and much more warlord, which didn't quite come across in the early depictions.

Typhlosion's look makes a lot more sense after reading up in what it's based on, it's essentially a creepy ancient Japanese undertaker so having an unsettling, gaunt appearance is actually very fitting. Even moreso when you're comparing to the CHONKY BOI look of the original.
I don't get it looking unsettling, there's a bit of a difference between unsettling and looking sick.

Even when you look at what it's based on it doesn't make it better in my opinion as then it looks lazily designed. It's has the whole 108 Spirits gimmick but that's taking directly out of Spiritomb that Arceus even has that (annoying) quest about.

I don't get it looking unsettling, there's a bit of a difference between unsettling and looking sick.
Characters with a strong connection to the spirit world like that tend to be portrayed as being terminally ill or otherwise in poor health, so it still fits. And someone who looks half dead and is mumbling about ghosts would certainly weird me out.

Though given the rest of the Internet is busy saying "dude he looks high, you smokin da weeeeeeed bruh olololololol", maybe I'm just overanalyzing things here. :P

Top: When the opponent's manager distracts you just before you hit your finisher

Bottom: The Shield vs. any random lower midcarder, circa 2013 (re-enactment)

I feel like they could have chosen camera angles for their trailer that didn't make it obvious that anything not close to the player ran its animations at 1/3rd the framerate.

I will say congratulations to them for showing off a game that looks as good as Super Mario Sunshine though!

It seems they took Legends Arceus and put the Lighting from BDSP which is a good thing. Lighting was the one thing I praised BDSP visuals for.

A bit disappointed we are still doing 2 versions as I thought Arceus showed that we don't need to do that anymore especially since the differences have been made less and less apparent after Gen V.

Starters I'm currently mixed on. The Grass starter looks too much like Meowth and the Water starter looks too much like Ducklett which initially made me think the starters will be regional forms but the Fire starter looks completely new. As for first forms, this the first time the Water Starter is not my favourite. The Fire Starter is currently in the lead for the first time

It seems they took Legends Arceus and put the Lighting from BDSP which is a good thing. Lighting was the one thing I praised BDSP visuals for.

A bit disappointed we are still doing 2 versions as I thought Arceus showed that we don't need to do that anymore especially since the differences have been made less and less apparent after Gen V.

Starters I'm currently mixed on. The Grass starter looks too much like Meowth and the Water starter looks too much like Ducklett which initially made me think the starters will be regional forms but the Fire starter looks completely new. As for first forms, this the first time the Water Starter is not my favourite. The Fire Starter is currently in the lead for the first time
Litten if it caught hay-fever, one of the Bubble Bobble guys and Captain Ducklett.

275053719_2419472084851096_3773520074709047656_n.jpg

More detailed look in the Starters.

Nothing too out of the ordinary aside from Fuecoco being Crocodilian inspired.

These might as well be regional forms of Litten, Totodile and Ducklett :lol:

Back