Poll:Car insurance in gt5

  • Thread starter Thread starter 050999742
  • 156 comments
  • 14,325 views

Do you want car insurance in gran turismo 5


  • Total voters
    375
Do you think there should be car insurance in gran turismo 5? Think about it, you pay something like 300 a month when you have regular cars. You crash the car and then you get some money to repair the car. But there can be something like a no claims bonus if you don't crash and a warranty when you get the car. But when you are racing with a team in le mans or formula gt you get your wages docked instead. What do you think

Will it be so easy a caveman could do it? Har har...
 
$300 a month?! What kind of car do you have? lol I pay $300 ANNUALLY! LOL
 
In GT5 at this point is quite unlikely,but the idea makes sense and also has some value for games with damage feature because if you crash your car you have to pay the damage normally,but if your driving style is more clean it will mean a minor possibility of having crashes and therefore make other IA players or other players pay the damaged caused in race,the system would be very complicated but is something that could be applied to the newest racing sims and its not a bad idea at all,to be honest I will like to see it as a general rule for all racing sims.
 
$300 a month?! What kind of car do you have? lol I pay $300 ANNUALLY! LOL

You will probably get $1000 for the first race so 300 a month is not a lot. Besides it would have to be different rates. You're not going to pay the same rate for a ford gt as a prius
 
Not really, but if they implement a system where you have to pay to repair, I'm happy with that. I hope they do something like that, it can encourage safe racing.
 
Oh boy, how annoying in-game AI is when you have to pay for damage and they stop several years before the braking zone! There goes my clean paintwork thanks to Grandma Motorsport deciding to slow for Stowe whilst still at the top of Chapel.
 
We don't need any of that!!!

It's just a game really. ;)
 
Ugh auto insurance is already a pain for some, why make them deal with it in a video game. People will be like this on the phone

"yeah, been playing GT5 all week, dang insurance guy keeps raising my deductible."
"dude, are you sure that's not in real life?"
"Um,....oh CRAP!"

And that's why there shouldn't be insurance. It's the Real Driving Simulator, not the Real Haha You Got Screwed Your Car Was Reposssessed Simulator

Sorry if that sounds mean.
 
I don't really get what this adds to the game. The reason insurance doesn't exist for motorsport is that something will go wrong with the car. You are driving the car to the limit against other cars also driven to the limit on sometimes some very tricky and dangerous circuits and surfaces. Insurance companies would constantly be on payout and most drivers/teams wouldn't bother as they accept the costs of repairs anyway.

I don't see where it fits into the game and where it adds "fun". Why exactly do you want to be paying money in order to get less money back? What benefit does it add over simply just paying for the costs of repair?

Its a bit harsh but I have to ask if you really thought about this?
 
I've thought of worse. The inflatable dartboard comes to mind
Not really funny :grumpy:
Would you want to pay in real life for insurance? No (if I'm wrong - what the hell are you smoking/injecting/snorting?)
Plus, would a real life Insurance company even insure you if you raced? I know GT is the Real Driving Simulator. But everyone who plays online races. This isn't Test Drive Unlimited... now that needs insurance :dopey:
 
No, the virtual insurance companies are aware of the crappy AI and the how stupidly bad the average GT player is at the wheel. :D
 
If there is a paint editor, I will have insurance.
insured-by-mafia2.jpg



What happens if you don't have insurance in the game? Do you have to tell the A.I. there is no need to get the police involved?
 
or, you can turn off damage and not need to worry about insurance lol
 
+1 to most of the no answers, then there's the fact not a single insurance company covers accidents and damage done on a race track........
 
No, deduct damage costs at the end of a race.
Not sure I'd want costs deducted either, but I think some kind of punishment in a race series would be welcome as an option. Maybe between races, rather than having to pay for damages you have a set amount of time to repair things, and each element takes up so much time. So, you have to decide between sorting out your engine versus getting the suspension and gears done etc. It's a bit arcade-like and has been done many times before, but it would give you some incentive to drive well without having to worry about real-world stuff like insurance premiums!
 
This thread is still alive?
 
Not sure I'd want costs deducted either, but I think some kind of punishment in a race series would be welcome as an option. Maybe between races, rather than having to pay for damages you have a set amount of time to repair things, and each element takes up so much time. So, you have to decide between sorting out your engine versus getting the suspension and gears done etc. It's a bit arcade-like and has been done many times before, but it would give you some incentive to drive well without having to worry about real-world stuff like insurance premiums!

That was done in Colin Mcrae and it worked good.
 
No, I'm already done with my real cars insurances... :banghead:
 
Don't know about cars, but...

128864d1234206951-google-earth-epic-fail-imminentfail2.jpg


motorcycles could use one ;)
 
I thought it was recently decided that 'facepalm' and 'fail' pictures are banned. If not, they should be, bandwidth costs time and money. :yuck:

As for insurance, nope, unless it is ultra realistic. So no car over 150 hp for under 25's, and women drivers get discounts. :dunce:
 
As for insurance, nope, unless it is ultra realistic. So no car over 150 hp for under 25's, and women drivers get discounts. :dunce:

"Whoa, everyone that's playing GT5 online are chicks"
 
I thought it was recently decided that 'facepalm' and 'fail' pictures are banned. If not, they should be, bandwidth costs time and money. :yuck:

As for insurance, nope, unless it is ultra realistic. So no car over 150 hp for under 25's, and women drivers get discounts. :dunce:

who’s bandwidth? i think you’ll find the pictures are hosted on different sites all together.. and if your time is that important would you seriously be reading a thread called Poll: Car insurance in gt5 I’m scraping the barrel on car related stuff we can post about

how about a few choice threads i can think about :-

Poll: should petrol costs be included in GT5

Poll: should you have to drive your car to the track or rent a trailer in GT5

Poll: Should you have to sit through a 3 hour drivers brief before being allowed on track

Poll: should you have to pitch your tent or pay for hotel fees if your event is over a 2 day period..

Poll: should move be integrated with driver movements so you can show your displeasure of other racers with your middle finger

Poll: should interest rates be placed on the credits you have in the bank and have a live update link to the national bank of your country

Poll: how about finance for that GTR you really need for a 1 make race but can’t quite afford with bailiffs that come and re-poses the car when you fail to stump up the repayments..
 
Bad enough having to pay car insurance in real life.. why do I want that garbage in a video game?
 
Racing cars cannot be insured, and a cars warranty is usually voided when you drive it on a racetrack. So NO is a definite answer.
 
Back