[Poll] Favorite New Track

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 165 comments

Favorite New Track?

• Total voters
Mount Panorama aka Bathurst is SO much fun. The track feels like the Nürburgring and LeMans had a little baby, two long high speed straights and a tight twisty up'n down section with killer turns. Nice contrast to the other flat and soulless tracks.

I used to hate Ascari until I finally golded S-5 and wasn't so biased anymore. As for me, favorite new tracks:
1. Apricot Hill - One of my favorite GT tracks for the days of old, along with Midfield
2. Brands Hatch - BH GP Circuit is just a fun, fast circuit
3. Matterhorn - Kind of serves as the fill for Costa di Amalfi and Citta di Arria

I think Silverstone's relative unpopularity is because it is flat. Flat = boring. On the other hand, Bathurst and Matterhorn are full of elevation changes which add a new dimension to the game play. Brands Hatch is also interesting in this way.

Also I think that Silverstone, like Motegi, has a few boring slow corners in which you need to downshift quite rapidly. These types of corners are technically challenging, as they test your late-breaking skills, but they aren't exhilarating (for me anyway).

I went for Bathurst as it is relatively new for me. I feel like I've driven brands hatch, silverstone in 100 other games but that's just my take on it. I might have voted Matterhorn higher if it wasn't for that crazy 180 under the bridge. Top 3 for me:

1. Bathurst/Mount Panorama
2. Goodwood
3. Matterhorn

Graphics wise my favourite new track is willow springs due to the outstanding lighting and great depiction of the desert setting.

Silverstone,Bathurst,Ascari,Goodwood,Willow Springs,Brands Hatch,Apricot Hill,Matterhorn. All these tracks are very good. And updated Laguna Seca or Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 are awesome too.

Last edited:
I voted for Mount Panorama when this thread was first posted. However, now that I've had the game for a while I've changed my mind to Brands Hatch.

Ugh, every time I've raced online at Matterhorn it's been a disaster of pileups in the barriers. People often even spin on the straights because you lose control from the elevation changes and no run off areas means more accidents as people can't slow down to avoid. If nobody's in your way it's ok but in general, I hate it.

Awesome tracks like Brand Hatch, Ascari and Apricot more than make up for it though.

Picked Willow because I like the desolate isolation you can get in photomode and its a US track. And I rather like the scary high speed bend and last corner coming into the straight.

Strangely, even though I was so sick of it after GTA2013 I seem to really also like Silverstone now. As opposed to Motegi which I had a real hatred for after GTA2012... now I just generally dont like it lol. Silverstone may be flat but she's a fast one.

Other than that, returning Apricot is great. Fond memories of running the enduros there in GT1&2 for CR.

Back