[Poll] Favorite New Track

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 165 comments

Favorite New Track?

• Total voters
A lot of goodness on the new tracks. Hard to split up Ascari (Circuito de Evil Bond Villain)/Willow Springs (It isn't Spring and I didn't see any Willows) /Mt Panorama (Not another Skyline...)/ Brands Hatch (England's original Tsukuba) or Silverstone "Silva-stun".
Matterhorn gets it as a fantastic creation from scratch. And you get a cluster of layouts - No Duff corners either.

Ascari is definitely my favorite of the new tracks, closely followed by Mount Panorama and Brands Hatch third I guess.. Silverstone is ok, but I actually only like the old original layout, the renovation just ruind it in my opinion.
Never cared much for any of the 'fake' tracks PD made up, don't like racing real cars on fake tracks. The GT Arena looks cool, but the layout in it is boring, I expected more of it and I hope that in the future we'll be able to make our own layouts in it with the course maker :) (I loved to make my own layouts on the big parking lot in LFS :D)

But all in all, nothing will ever be able to beat the Nordschleife as my all time favorite :D

Mount Panorama.

Then probably Matterhorn, Bathurst, Willow Springs, and Goodwood not necessarily in that order. Apricot Hill isn't new and Silverstone doesn't do much for me but I like it.

The weather and day/night changes on all the applicable tracks are awesome. Blows GT5 away.

Hmm difficult choise.

GT Arene, Ascari and Goodwood don't count as racetrack for me personally.
Choice is between Brands GP and the Mount. (Silverstone would be cool if there was a good Touringcar championship).

I haven't driven both with a proper racecar... euhm think think.... the unforgiving walls of the Mount will piss me off :D
So Brands GP will be it. (note: Indy layout doesn't match the Mount).

Bathurst is my new Nordschleife. Challenging indeed, very fast...but it has an environment and a flow that's impossible to match. It's just so well designed and so pleasing to drive. I haven't tried them all, granted, but it's gonna be hard beating the fun of driving the Gazoo 86 around Mt. Panorama. Matterhorn was fine as well, reminded me a bit of the Macau GP fused with Eiger. Haven't tried Ascari so far. Silverstone is a love-hate affair with me. And Brands Hatch hasn't left any strong impression on me.

Oh, and on the topic of tracks, 🤬 Hermann Tilke. That seasonal with the M4 at the fake Nurburgring almost made me want to pull my hair off! Something as awesome as Bathurst couldn't be understood by the head of that useless so-called "architect".

The beauty is that bathurst was't actually designed as a race track! It's a public road and only closed off as a circuit a couple of times a year

I voted Brands Hatch earlier but changed my mind ... now I think Ascari is the best. The last license gold was maddening at first, but very satisfying in the end. Great track.

Bathurst is fun too, other than the straights which are pretty boring.

Gonna have to change my vote to Panorama. Whats fun is gettin it going at 185mph with some mid to highseed turns. La Sarthe fits that bill. Love the Ring too, 180 turns but not very technical turns. Those are turns you can attack. Brands Hatch, Ascari & Willow are all "technical" tracks most if not all the way around. Technical sections is fine but you lose the enjoyment of driving a car if you're constantly having to be technical in your driving. Just my opinion.

Panorama is not very technical. The S'es coming down the Mountain are technical but fun. You can just grab the right line and swing into each turn. But it's a highspeed track. The first part of coming down the mount is in 4th gear. The last part mostly 3rd. The rest of the course is 5th, 6th & 7th. Like that in a 500-600pp car!

Ascari is awesome...the bits after the back stretch starting with the up hill chicane once you have a lap hooked up feels as good as getting the Esses at Suzuka right....

I voted for Ascari, such an amazing track, not because is spanish, but because it has all sorts of corners and its very technical.

Apricot Hill! Because it's on the list, if it wasn't I would have said Brands Hatch. Doesn't really matter though, as Mount Panorama is gonna lead by a WIDE margin.

I voted for Mt. Panorama a while back, but Ascari has easily become my new favorite. Even says so in my GT6 stats. :P

I didn't vote on this initially until I had more experience with them. I do like Brands Hatch, Bathurst and a couple of the Matthorn layouts. Big Willow is awful, streets of Willow is good fun in the right car, Ascari doesn't do anything for me, it's pretty bland to look at - I should like it since it's more of a testing and trialing track but .. just m'eh. GT Arena is a wasted opportunity for some fun ROC style action in KTM's. Apricot Hill makes a welcome return, and Silverstone is.. well Silverstone, it's dull as pants until you're doing it at 200mph! And, I HATE Stowe circuit after the Alfa seasonal. I don't like Goodwood as much as I thought I would, but I think my opinion of it has been tainted by the X2011 challenge.

I guess as a favorite, I'll have to go for..... ummm, the Moon.

Brands Hatch. Difficult decision though. Bathurst is great and Apricot Hill is an old favourite and I like Willow Springs a lot as well.

I voted for Bathurst. I really wanted to vote for Matterhorn or Brands Hatch because of the different versions, but if I just pick my favorite layout of each of those, Bathurst just barely beat them out.

...and I HATE both versions of Willow Springs. Boring brown track with boring tan scenery. I also can't find a willow or a spring anywhere near that place; it's in the middle of the 🤬 desert, for crying out loud. Poorly named if you ask me. :lol:

I would like to vote for Bathurst, Ascari, Brands Hatch AND Matterhorn.

I never drove Ascari in one of the other sims / games and have to say, that I am very thankfull for it's appearance in the GT series. Otherwise I may have never noticed what a gem of a track it is.

BUT I just had to vote for Bathurst, because I was waiting for years for it's implementation in the series.

Australians only seem to race on Bathurst so its clearly rather popular over there... Has an exciting layout no doubt.

But still, Apricot Hill master race, its a classic with funky corners. Goodwood is nice too, feels elegant especially with the lighting through all the trees <3

Gran Turismo Arena though...

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif

Brands Hatch got my vote, driving the GT300 Subaru BRZ on the GP track is a absolute joy!

Back