poll,wheel user or pad user

• Thread starter FinnZevo
  • 35 comments

Wheel or Pad?

• Total voters
I am actually surprised by number of wheel users being that high in this poll, I think it will be much higher pad users compared to wheel users like most console racing games if you take all players into account.

people in this forum are more likely to use the wheel than on average gaming site

There is nothing stopping people doing really a fast time with wheel though, seen some top times being done with them in this game.

agree, but some cars are not good match for the wheel some are, at least this is how I see it.

I saw you on the top spot in Zonda/India challenge, I was some 3 tenths behind.

... any chance you did this challenge with the pad (McLaren/India)?

Send them again, i just changed my wheel rim.
Should be able to see it in received challenges.
people in this forum are more likely to use the wheel than on average gaming site
I think it is impressive as people needed to buy a new console and potentially a new wheel to play this game and it is quite a high number and good to see.
agree, but some cars are not good match for the wheel some are, at least this is how I see it.

I saw you on the top spot in Zonda/India challenge, I was some 3 tenths behind.

... any chance you did this challenge with the pad (McLaren/India)?

That well maybe the case but I think both are very competitive in this game. Out of interest, do you change degrees of rotation on your steering wheel at all?

It was my first event since the update, did it as it was first one I saw and wanted to try the replay feature out. Left a few tenths on the table for that one but was good enough for pole. I think looking at your replay, it is an advantage of the pad that steering looks better in replays ;).

I didn't do that event but I think this is one of the first tracks I drove on:

Since then I probably got a bit better and also use manual now. The last few corners are really hard to do and I think on that lap I did it really well. Anyway I wouldn't have been able to do that event in your video, I think I need to unlock another 11 levels before unlocking that car and might take me a while to do as I don't play this game often, more a casual player.

I have a T300 and stand. I went back to a controller as the wheel doesnt really fit with DC as well due to the twitchy nature of it imo. I didnt want to get in bad habits (full input, not gradual) before Pcars. But thats my feeling and wont appl to everyone Im sure. It may partly be the fact I am a new wheel user and not as "natural" using a hweel as I am a controller after some 8 yrs of dricing on a pad! lol

I too like my racing games more sim oriented and have been playing them for over 30 years. However I think Driveclub does a pretty good job of bridging the gap between The Crew and Gran Turismo 6. Initially I used my T300RS with the game along with T3PA pedals. Unfortunately the game didn't support the clutch or TH8A shifter. Not sure if that's the case still as I haven't used my wheel for it recently.

I have to get the wheel and rig out each time and I've only really been playing Driveclub for short bursts recently so have been playing on DS4. I think it's good on DS4 and that's partly down to the improved controller compared to DS3. If I've got time for a longer driving session I've been playing Game Stock Car Extreme or GTR2 on PC or GT6. When I have used the wheel in DC I thought it was pretty good for a more arcade type game.

I imagine once Project Cars is out I'll continue using Driveclub in short bursts and on the DS4.

Latest Posts

Back