Votes: 238 38.0%
  • No

Votes: 176 28.1%
  • Already own a PS4, but wouldn't for (just) this

Votes: 89 14.2%
  • Already own a PS4, but would (just) for this if I hadn't

Votes: 123 19.6%

• Total voters
I bought my PS4 for the same reason I bought the other PlayStations. Gran Turismo. Why I bought it before GT comes out? Because I wanted to check out DriveClub and Project Cars when they came out, to see if they were a game I could pass time playing waiting for GTS/7. Were they? Nope. Was NFS? Nope. Only game I regularly play to pass time until GTS comes out is Rocksmith 2014. :P Hopefully Hitman and DiRT Rally comes out at their now set release date, I will be playing the hell out of those until GTS comes. (I have no hopes for a GTS beta before they come out).

I already have a PS4. That doesn't mean I'll buy GTS. The beta will make my mind up in that. Assetto Corsa though, that is a day one purchase. No question. I have it on PC so I know what I'm getting.

Off topic one second. I hope all the community made cars for Assetto Corsa will be available on the PS4 version.:rolleyes:

GT sport ? Why would you buy a PS4 for a prologue. I will wait for GT7 to come out.
The way I look at it, if someone knows they are going to buy a PS4 anyway at some point, why not buy it now if you can afford it and enjoy the games already or soon to be available?
Off topic one second. I hope all the community made cars for Assetto Corsa will be available on the PS4 version.:rolleyes:
They won't. :ouch:

Ahhh. Oh well. I'll still get it to pass time while we wait for GTS/7. It isn't fun playing it on my Mac. Huge black frame.

POLL: Will you buy a PS4 for GTS?
Absolutely.

Whilst being a gamer with a personal preference for the everlasting PC platform, the presence of a console is always beneficial. Alongside the obvious practicality and efficiency, the platform exclusive titles such as Gran Turismo Sport make the PlayStation 4 a worthy purchase on its own. Not to mention the upcoming Gran Turismo 7, and any other titles that succeed in garnering my interest now or over the coming years.

Hell yes!

I actually DID buy it for GT7 as soon as my 7yo fat PS3 started yloding on me and i couldn't play GT6 anymore. Thought about waiting but i got a killer deal on a new model (1215), the pulse elite headphones and a G29, so i went crazy and did it.

And i'll tell you something else, right now, i'm playing a LOT of PCars, which is the best thing i've played in years, just finished Last of Us Remastered (which i hadnt played in PS3, luckily) - a master piece - and i'm getting Metal Gear in a few days. My point is, it turned out to be a great decision.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I didn't buy either, I wanted to see if PD was going to repeat the PS3 shenanigans, and they are. I'm very excited to be picking up a new Xbone (my first ever, I was a 100% Playstation/Gran Turismo guy since PS1) to finally play Forza games. And of course, some other racing games that are multi-platform.

(I'm not arguing FM vs GT, just stating the reasons I left Sony and GT)

I didn't buy either, I wanted to see if PD was going to repeat the PS3 shenanigans, and they are. I'm very excited to be picking up a new Xbone (my first ever, I was a 100% Playstation/Gran Turismo guy since PS1) to finally play Forza games. And of course, some other racing games that are multi-platform.

(I'm not arguing FM vs GT, just stating the reasons I left Sony and GT)
They're having an open beta before GTS properly launches. Maybe if people shout at them loud enough, they'll drop Standards.

They're having an open beta before GTS properly launches. Maybe if people shout at them loud enough, they'll drop Standards.
While I loathe the quality of standards, I find many other things about GT to be bigger problems. Most particularly, the games not working correctly, in the many varied different ways.
Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember when they made games that couldn't be patched, which were subsequently bug-free compared to today's GT.

Remember when people's biggest complaint about Gran Turismo was that they completed every event, and the game read 98.2% complete? I do. What a good problem to have, compared to today's problems.

Remember when people's biggest complaint about Gran Turismo was that they completed every event, and the game read 98.2% complete? I do. What a good problem to have, compared to today's problems.

That's like comparing issues between a typewriter and a laptop, c'mon be fair now.

I believe that you and most of us here play GT since the beginning of the franchise. I made the mistake of switching to FM4 which was better than GT5 in every way (imo), but it wasn't GT. Considering the current competition, the absolute crazy high standards of today's sims, the mistakes learned and the limitations they had in GT5 and 6, i think GTS and GT7 will be something truly insane. As big as the brand, and more than we are expecting.

Think about it - they don't have a choice, they can't deliver anything else than something bigger than everything in the market. What would be the point of that?

So i got my PS4 and i'll wait, with pCars, Driveclub and ACorsa filling the gap until then. :cheers:

Last edited:
That's like comparing issues between a typewriter and a laptop, c'mon be fair now.

I believe that you and most of us here play GT since the beginning of the franchise. I made the mistake of switching to FM4 which was better than GT5 in every way (imo), but it wasn't GT. Considering the current competition, the absolute crazy high standards of today's sims, the mistakes learned and the limitations they had in GT5 and 6, i think GTS and GT7 will be something truly insane. As big as the brand, and more than we are expecting.

Think about it - they don't have a choice, they can't deliver anything else than something bigger than everything in the market. What would be the point of that?

So i got my PS4 and i'll wait, with pCars, Driveclub and ACorsa filling the gap until then. :cheers:
To be fair, I think it's always a good idea to see how well a game does before taking the plunge and buying hardware specifically for it when it might suck. I've enjoyed every main GT since GT1 and I have no reason to expect that GTS will be anything different, but PD are human, so it's still entirely possible that GTS will be less than spectacular.

I don't think comparing GT4 to GT5 is comparing a typewriter to a laptop.
Especially considering they ported around 60%-70% of the car count from said typewriter. PD(Kaz) has said they plan to implement cars designed for/on said typewriter yet again, on an even more advanced super-laptop. So I don't think it is unfair.

People said GT5 would be the be-all-end-all of racing games because it took so long. It wasn't.
People said GT6 would be what GT5 should have been. It wasn't.
People said the PS4 would allow PD to make games faster, better, and with more ease. Yet here we are, 2 years into the PS4, and surprise, surprise, nothing has been released, not even a demo. That puts them currently 2 years behind their "slow PS3 days".

So I'm *cough* slightly pessimistic when I hear fans say "GTS and GT7 will be great, because they have to be". I feel at this point, (and Kaz has said so before) PD have determined they poop gold and quality doesn't matter.

I'm just totally over Gran Turismo, and everything they've been doing the past 12 years.

Unless PD really steps up their game and adds much more realistic physics and better FFB, along with a better variety of tracks etc., then no. Basically, if PD continues down the GT5/6 route, then no, I won't be buying a PS4 ever.

Last edited:
GT sport ? Why would you buy a PS4 for a prologue. I will wait for GT7 to come out.

It is like saying why buy a game this year when in couple of years next version is coming out :odd:

Simply because it will have less content does not mean it is a prologue. I collected 1000cars in GT5 (not by cheating like buying 100's of same crappy car to make the number) but TBH it was for the trophy only :embarrassed: In GT6 I have probably spent same time and I think my car list not even 200. I have to try many cars for sure but a game even with nice variety of 50cars is enough.

Moreover if PD think it is a prologue then I am sure MRP will be 40$

Don't have a PS4 at the moment (sold the one we had when moving countries) and will probably buy one to play GT Sport.

Gran Turismo is the only game that I've continued playing. Forza, Dirt, NfS etc have all been played, but none for more than a couple of sessions.

Gts\Gt7 is my only reason to get ps4. Most games are crossplatform. So I'm getting a Xbox and g290 for fh2 PORSCHE expansion! Who knows when gt will drop..

My PS4 bit the dust. I won't be buying a PS4 if that were the only game I we're interested in. I'd wait an extra year or however long it takes for the PS4 to drop another 50-100 USD. Thankfully, I'm interested in far more than just one series or video game developer.

For perspective, I say this -
I was just starting Bloodborne when the price dropped to 20 at a special price. I was about to start Life Is Strange, Beyond, finishing up GTA V, and going to start The Order. A couple weeks before that, I finished Until Dawn (a highly recommended game to experience). I'm forgetting a few names - thanks a lot indie games. Oh yeah, even Knack and God Of War 3. I wanted to play GOW 3 before starting Ascension, buuuuuuut...

Gts\Gt7 is my only reason to get ps4. Most games are crossplatform. So I'm getting a Xbox and g290 for fh2 PORSCHE expansion! Who knows when gt will drop..
I tried FH2 expecting Driveclub-esque physics, and I was hugely disappointed. You know, simcade physics. I was expecting it to be fun, especially comparing the physics to something like GTA IV, but it wasn't even close imo. I was really hoping for an open-world Gran Turismo and I hope it never happens now; if the physics are sacrificed as bad as they were in the Forza world, I will hate Kaz for it. Hate's a strong word, yet I'm not changing what I would definitely think of his decision if he were to pull a Forza Horizon on us. That s*** better have Gran Turismo physics should the game ever come to fruition.

What has people accepting FH if, and only if, they're FM fans first (for the realism of it)?

Last edited:
I will buy it for the game, I only hope that GT Sport is full game and not just beta. But i only bought PS3 for GT and of course i had to buy Madden as well. But if I don't get a PS4 and let my brother get better than me at driving.... Yeah right bring on GT Sport!

I will buy it for the game, I only hope that GT Sport is full game and not just beta. But i only bought PS3 for GT and of course i had to buy Madden as well. But if I don't get a PS4 and let my brother get better than me at driving.... Yeah right bring on GT Sport!
GTSport is released as a beta initially.

I hope the game is a proper gran turismo than a bad turnismo. Also I'll be buying a PlayStation 4 Turbo just so that it plays well enough. :) Kaz, he likes trees and natury stuff so we'll probably have, well premium modeled trees that looks better XD. hehe yeah just so you know this Kaz - we want full on naked cars that look good too yeah?

Last edited:
I haven't touched my ps3 in almost a year but I'm picking up a ps4 tomorrow just for gran turismo, the same reason I got a ps3 and ps2. I can't miss out on a title this many years into the series.

Back