• No

Votes: 176 28.1%
  • Already own a PS4, but wouldn't for (just) this

Votes: 89 14.2%
  • Already own a PS4, but would (just) for this if I hadn't

Votes: 123 19.6%

• Total voters
Absolutely.

This particular franchise has always drawn my otherwise PC occupied attention towards the PlayStation systems. With a revolution on the horizon I'm very excited to experience what most certainly could be considered an equivalent to what Gran Turismo HD was to Gran Turismo 4.

No, I would do it for Horizon: Zero Dawn (this game looks amazing :drool:) and some other exclusive only games. If Gran Turismo 7 comes out by then it will be very welcome.

GT Sport has enforced my decision to buy one. I wasn't going to buy one until Ratchet & Clank came out but I might buy one a tad bit earlier (Around January-late December). Honestly, this is going to sound sad, but I ultimately might buy a PS4 for 2-3 games..

At this point, it's highly unlikely.

If it's an online focused game, then it needs to be better than my current go-to racing game for online. I doubt that they will do better than iRacing, if only for the reason that they are almost certainly not going to have dedicated servers.

GTS needs to do something better than the racing games that I already own before I'll consider buying it. And it'll need to be something that I actually care about to get me to really buy it. Driving on Mars is not a selling point for me.

If it is an online focused game I would have to buy a psn plus subscription so that's already a no since I'm already paying xbox live.

I only have one playseat and have the TX wheel bolted onto it so I would have to go back to using a controller which I'd hate. If Thrustmaster would have made the base compatible with both systems and would only need to change the rim I would seriously consider it but seems too much of an ordeal considering all I've invested onto the other system by now.

Lastly call me petty but I'm still pissed off with the way they handled GT5 and 6 (standard cars, delays, broken promises, yadda yadda...).

I clicked the space between the two options.

With the latest price drop on the PS4 (after Sony raised the price in Canada), it's become more tempting, especially as the game lineup only gets better with time. But if I were to buy a PS4 in the next couple of months, it wouldn't really be for GTS; it'd be for MGSV, updated versions of TLOU and GTA5, the copies of Mortal Kombat and Batman I have sitting around the house, maybe some LBP3 if I had the time...

GTS is unlikely to sway the choice on its own, but really, it looks far more likely that PS4 ownership is an inevitability.

I get a new Playstation whenever the next Ratchet & Clank and/or Gran Turismo is released. So yes, especially since both are coming soon.

Think I'll hold my judgement until later. We've so little information about the game that it's hard to make a decision.

It depends on what they do with it. I'm perfectly content with my Xbox One and Forza 6. Won't rule it out if it looks good as there is already some games that look cool to me.

Maybe not for GTS exclusively, but if it's proven to be good, then throw in a few more exclusives and I might grab a PS4. But so far, I'm not convinced yet.

@Conza...why don't you edit the poll to add a couple of options to Yes and No. Maybe, "Not enough information to decide yet" and "I already own a PS4"?

I don't like diluting the options too much, but agree this is a truly four option thread.

I've added the remaining options, so hope this thread can cover both.

I have a PS4, and wont be wasting 60 to play GTS, that should be a choice.

I'd suggest you select 'it isn't worthy'. Probably the closest answer, its sort of your situation.

I clicked the space between the two options.

With the latest price drop on the PS4 (after Sony raised the price in Canada), it's become more tempting, especially as the game lineup only gets better with time. But if I were to buy a PS4 in the next couple of months, it wouldn't really be for GTS; it'd be for MGSV, updated versions of TLOU and GTA5, the copies of Mortal Kombat and Batman I have sitting around the house, maybe some LBP3 if I had the time...

GTS is unlikely to sway the choice on its own, but really, it looks far more likely that PS4 ownership is an inevitability.

I would suggest you pick, No then... Don't know what other option you would select?

UPDATE: Agreeing with many posters, this thread is originally only looking to those who don't have a PS4.

For those that do the options for you are; I own one, but but this game isn't or is worthy of purchasing if I hadn't already.

You may also change your votes if previously cast.

Definitely nope. Nothing currently shown sparks any of my interest, the new cars are easily passable and nothing really interesting on tracks. I'm more a single player and local multiplayer person and seems at the moment that GTS will be worst than GT6 in those departments.

Not to mention, that if you are an Online player, you would have to spend an extra 60 bucks (per year) to enjoy that privilege. While it is considered the "norm" it annoys me a lot about payed subscriptions for online, and that there are games that are totally focused on Online. Games like Forza are passable since it still focuses on the single player mode but GTS looks to be only truly enjoyable for Online Play, at the moment (though take this Paragraph with a grain of salt since we don't have all the details of GTS)

I'll stick with Forza 6 for my Racing Sim needs.

I bought a PS2 with GT3 & Logitech Driving Force package, just so I could play GT3 with a wheel. I bought a PS3 just so I could play GT5 Prologue. I already have a PS4, but I bought it just so I could play Project CARS (big mistake), & if I didn't already have one I would never buy one just for Gran Turismo Sport.

No suitable option in the poll for me.
I do not own a PS4 as of yet, recently bought a XB1/FM6 bundle.

I will wait and see what GTS turns out to be like and then will make a decision one way or the other.
I may buy a PS4 for it and I may not.

I don't like diluting the options too much, but agree this is a truly four option thread.

I've added the remaining options, so hope this thread can cover both.

I'd suggest you select 'it isn't worthy'. Probably the closest answer, its sort of your situation.

I would suggest you pick, No then... Don't know what other option you would select?

UPDATE: Agreeing with many posters, this thread is originally only looking to those who don't have a PS4.

For those that do the options for you are; I own one, but but this game isn't or is worthy of purchasing if I hadn't already.

You may also change your votes if previously cast.
It's good that you changed the poll options, but you still don't have an "It's too early to decide" option, which I think would be the most popular answer.

My plan was to buy a 4 when GT7 came out. But now this new game has thrown a curve ball and making me think of buying a 4 earlier than I planned. It's all up in the air for me.
You should have an UNDECIDED option in the poll.

VBR
I bought a PS2 with GT3 & Logitech Driving Force package, just so I could play GT3 with a wheel. I bought a PS3 just so I could play GT5 Prologue. I already have a PS4, but I bought it just so I could play Project CARS (big mistake), & if I didn't already have one I would never buy one just for Gran Turismo Sport.
Should've played it on PC. Works better there..which where it was beta tested in the first place. Don't mean to sound like an arse.

Now on topic. No I will not get a PS4 just for GT Sport as I did get a PS3 at summer 2013 before GT6 came out and got it for that particular game. It was awesome to me for a few months. Bored of it for a few months. Went back to it and have fun with the game again. But this would be like me saying "Will you get a Xbox One just for Forza Motorsport 6?" No for my question obviously and no for your question OP.

I play the PS4, X1, & WU regularly thanks to my nephews and from the games I play, what I see coming out and just the way the industry is now in general, I've no interest in purchasing any of them for myself. Made my decision on the GT series long ago, so....No.

Saved up for that PS4,but than again don't know your life. :P

Done a bit of buying & selling to off set the cost of the PS4. Managed to get A month old PS4 dirt cheap in the end.

Last edited:
Back