POLYPHONY DIGITAL are you listening?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 467 comments
"Last replay" feature would be nice. The game should store the replay of last few races in temporary directory and even when I forget to watch the replay after race, I'll easilly find it in Replay menu and will be able to watch it.

Have anyof you guys been going for a fast TT for Rankings and got it but your network went down before you pulled the TT, and it did not connect so it won't show in Rankings?
This has happened to me before, it is rather annoying, if PD was able to setup the Rankings system so that it automatically updates to your best times/ Drift scores when you get online, I think its a practical and not to hard to implement idea, that will be appreciated by everyone who does TT's/ Drift Scores and has had that same problem happen to them. 👍
OnlineGT

Have anyof you guys been going for a fast TT for Rankings and got it but your network went down before you pulled the TT, and it did not connect so it won't show in Rankings?
This has happened to me before, it is rather annoying, if PD was able to setup the Rankings system so that it automatically updates to your best times/ Drift scores when you get online, I think its a practical and not to hard to implement idea, that will be appreciated by everyone who does TT's/ Drift Scores and has had that same problem happen to them.
OnlineGT

I did a TT and ended up disconnected half way through the track, when I finished it updated the rankings and I was on there but with no Country flag.

Does anyone have another link to this video because this media player sucks and i have no audio with this choppy framerate :yuck:

if you rightclick on the video,than choose option to download it to realplayer

maybe that helps??

spyrrari.

One of the best engine sounds in Prologue has Blitz ER34 Skyline...
Sure, it sounds fantastic compared to the earlier versions but it's still far from the real thing, i mean, it's too clean...
Just listen to this:
Listen to the 2nd run when the car passes by the camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxDmIkqR4M0

...that is the sound of a violent car, that is a sound of a violent engine and it needs to be violent, not cleaned and volumed down like it is...
And listen to the blow off valve, god it sounds beautiful :)
This video must be a presentation of what PD still needs to do in case of sound and tyre smokes...
PD, you gotta see this video and try to replicate this as much as you can in GT series...

ps. sorry for my bad english...

Sound as good as an old Audi straight 5-pot, Quattro20v? :)

Hehe, forgive me - I took my old Audi 90 20v out for a spin tonight :sly:

To be honest, If we had private room's and the Nurburgring i would be completely happy. :) And maybe sort out the penalty system a bit, and the online boost.

EDIT

Also, After it now happening to me 3 times in the last half hour, Sort out the failed to connect, and host ending the game. :grumpy:
i freeking hate how thay judge the penalty system is BS!!!@!@!#$%&%^^:yuck:

You guys Fall ends on the 1st day of December, so we got 12 weeks tops until we get the update. This should calm things down a bit

One of the best engine sounds in Prologue has Blitz ER34 Skyline...
Sure, it sounds fantastic compared to the earlier versions but it's still far from the real thing, i mean, it's too clean...
Just listen to this:
Listen to the 2nd run when the car passes by the camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxDmIkqR4M0

...that is the sound of a violent car, that is a sound of a violent engine and it needs to be violent, not cleaned and volumed down like it is...
And listen to the blow off valve, god it sounds beautiful :)
This video must be a presentation of what PD still needs to do in case of sound and tyre smokes...
PD, you gotta see this video and try to replicate this as much as you can in GT series...

ps. sorry for my bad english...

Well watching the from the interior (in your linked video), GT5P sounds quite accurate, just missing the compressor surge.

You guys Fall ends on the 1st day of December, so we got 12 weeks tops until we get the update. This should calm things down a bit

In my prt of the world Fall ends at the end of october and im sure its the same in japan so we should only have 8 weeks more to wait.

Fall officially starts at the 21st of september,and ends on the 21st of december......

spyrrari.

Meteorological northern hemisphere Autumn (Fall) season starts September 1st. (how we do it in Australia, but southern hemi)

Astronomical or traditional starts September 21st.

Not sure which PD is referring to but considering they are always late astro season dates would be better for them :lol:

Meteorological northern hemisphere Autumn (Fall) season starts September 1st. (how we do it in Australia, but southern hemi)

Astronomical or traditional starts September 21st.

Not sure which PD is referring to but considering they are always late astro season dates would be better for them :lol:

:dopey:...you are probably right there...:)

But if i look out of my window now,it allready looks like fall to me...:ouch:

spyrrari.

The GT-R is faster than a 599 around the Topgear test track, and it's much nearer 500 BHP than it is 400.

Seems like the GT-R's brochure is actually a little more than modest:

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ter/what_is_the_gt_r_s_real_horsepower_column

In summary, C&D dyno tested 5 different GT-Rs, did some math taking into account the GT-R's weight and advertised HP, compared laptimes with other cars that weighed less and made more HP on paper, and concluded that it's making somewhere around 520hp from the factory.

It figures. Stock "276hp" R34s, STIs and Evos usually made close to 320hp at the crank when dynoed.

I'd love to see:

+ Private races.
+ Voting system for next track, kick clients etc.
+ Practice and qualifying sessions prior to race on some public and option on private servers. Similar to GT Legends where you can wait in the pits and monitor others qualifying.
+ Adjustable race length.
+ Fuel and tyre wear on longer races with pit stops.
+ Improved penalty system.
+ Some new tracks such as Brands Hatch, Zolder, Nurburgring (the GP circuit), Nordschleife.
+ Car damage.
+ Improved car physics (i.e. cars that can roll, flip etc. in crashes).
+ A replay system at the end of the race showing all the major incidents. Could be reviewed to assess incidents and punish those blatently causing trouble.
+ Fastest lap time of all cars shown in race and at end of race.
+ Day / night cycle.
+ Variable weather.
+ A means to signal. i.e. headlights or horn.
+ Optional text / voice chat.
+ Access to Garage from online race menu.
+ Ability to copy Quick Tune setups from one slot to another.

We can all dream...!

Last edited:
Private rooms are invite only, so this makes it possible to truly run a scheduled or themed event, with little chance of it being spoiled by interlopers, whether intentional or not.

I don't get it, what's so great about private rooms? They are just rooms

Would you rather run with friends on your list , who are known good racers ? Or run with a bunch of unknowns,wondering " is this guy going to punt me or be clean ".As mentioned before in previous threads,private rooms will be a blessing

Private rooms = password protected races = no idiots.

You ain't got to tell me twice. Get them private rooms in now!!! I have already gotten tired of players wall surfing and going bonkers, I want to have a race where people have sense to care about their cars and competition instead of people who think they are better than everyone else. I want to have a descent race like the ones you see on TV

Back