POLYPHONY DIGITAL are you listening?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 467 comments
Would be nice to have that track on GT5. By the way I'm moving to Ireland pretty soon, so I might go and watch the Isle Of Man annual races if I get the chance. ;)

Why go the IOM when you will have far better, proper and closer racing at the NW200 in Port Rush/Coleraine đź‘Ť You lucky sod you :)

I think I've discovered the solution to the collision and ramming penalties. They need to re-implement the previous system they had, but at the end of the code just make it so that the penalty goes to the person who the game thinks did NOT deserve it. At least from my experience that would solve about 87% of the problem.

I think I've discovered the solution to the collision and ramming penalties. They need to re-implement the previous system they had, but at the end of the code just make it so that the penalty goes to the person who the game thinks did NOT deserve it. At least from my experience that would solve about 87% of the problem.

Honestly I think you are right. That could really work! đź‘Ť
But then ... I guess PD would mess that up again.
Best solution imo is no penalties and no ghosting for cars in the same lap! so the punters have less chances to get away with their dirty tactics ...
Your idea could work though aswell :)

Honestly I think you are right. That could really work! đź‘Ť
But then ... I guess PD would mess that up again.
Best solution imo is no penalties and no ghosting for cars in the same lap! so the punters have less chances to get away with their dirty tactics ...
Your idea could work though aswell :)

Explain pls. Reason I'm asking is because ghosting is one of the best moves in my arsenal of punter deterrents. Just before they hit me, going into a corner I send the back end out and they pass right through me on the way to the vertical concrete part of the track.

Surprised to hear someone say they think it gives the punters some kind of advantage.

What really needs to be dropped is the throttle attenuation when you clip a little bit too much grass on the apex of a fast bend. It's totally unfair on MR cars. Any other car will merely slow down, whereas an MR somewhere like 130R will instantly spin off the track :grumpy:

i want best lap time reward in online races that would be nice. But i´m afraid that private rooms will mean that you can invite your friends BUT it won´t mean that you can choose track and settings and we will be forced to still play PD online events.. correct me if i am wrong :(

i want best lap time reward in online races that would be nice. But i´m afraid that private rooms will mean that you can invite your friends BUT it won´t mean that you can choose track and settings and we will be forced to still play PD online events.. correct me if i am wrong :(

That would probably be the stupidest possible way PD could implement private lobbys.

Just for that reason I wouldn't completely rule it out :crazy:

i hope that it wont be this way.. and i hope that they wont add only private lobbys and some GTTV stuff :/

@ P3nT4
Thats difficult to explain, but main reason for me is that ghosting is completely unrealistic and i had many situations where the only reason the punters got away was me ghosting after they hit me...
However it just doesn't feel right aswell as the penalties, grip changes and whatnot DURING a race :crazy:

BTW let me turn off the HUD especially the playernames and map... most annoying ever!

PS: surprised someone likes this beam me up and rematerialize me right in front of my opponent 'stuff'.
you know its not called The Real Warp Simulator ...?

Last edited:
please don't overlook ONLINE REPLAYS of races..I think ONLINE REPLAYS are a necessity...especially for a game that claims to raise the bar...JUST MAKE IT AN OPTION TO WATCH THEM AFTER THE RACE...like how it is used in free run..is this too much to ask?

PD WE WANT ONLINE RACE REPLAYS!

It finally came to my mind and I want Polyphony Digital to have that option that you can turn almost any of your production cars into a track car just like how they did it in GT2 if anybody knows what I'm talking about. You know like after you put on the stage 3 weight reduction kit you can choose to either keep the prodcution look of the car or you can change the looks for it to look like a track car

From this
gt2final_27_640w.jpg

To this
gt2final_23_640w.jpg

Last edited:
I hate the fact that looking left and right is only available on bump and in-car view...
I'm always using the roof view so it is really annoying that you must change the view to see if someone is beside you...
PD, did you hear me??? Roof view rotation PLEASE...

It would be nice to have a grading system on how well you drive on and off line and rank your driving abilities novice, amateur, racer, pro etc so you can get rid of people who are there just to ram others.

I just want photomode for now. For me...it would be the greatest addiction.

Ok...Ok...and a new track, I´m getting bored a bit.

It finally came to my mind and I want Polyphony Digital to have that option that you can turn almost any of your production cars into a track car just like how they did it in GT2 if anybody knows what I'm talking about. You know like after you put on the stage 3 weight reduction kit you can choose to either keep the prodcution look of the car or you can change the looks for it to look like a track car

The racing modification đź‘Ť

It's something I hope they implement too, but not something that hasn't been discussed around here loads before ;) It's something we might see a return of if they increase the ability to customise the cars a little.

The good old racing modification, I say yes, oh yes.. I've been missing it since GT2 :)

i mis the modification also, almost every car in gt2 could get 1, but for gt5 i hope that there are some more options in case of colours etc, something more in the GRID sense, choose some sponsors(2/3) color schemes and well that's it^^ woulkd love to drive the alfa romeo156 again

agreed đź‘Ť whilst i wouldn't want to see the gt series resemble grid or nfs in the physics or overall graphics
department, it certainly does need a bit more oomph in the external modding of the cars

oh yeah, and i'd like to see the valencia circuit make the migration from tourist trophy to gt. and the alfa 8c, and...

loads of things. it'd take an age to list them, so i won't bore you all :D

Last edited:
Please for the love of motoring change the exhaust noises. It seems to me that they are actually not even exhaust noises, but rather engine noises portrayed from a distance. On some cars there is a BIG disparity between how the engine sounds from the hood, inside the car, and from the rear. Best examples: 350Z, Skyline 370GT, and Jaguar XK.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, didn't read all 19 pages.

With regards the joypad-analogue controlling, they have PARTLY fixed the steering with the latest update (I don't understand how it could take until this update to address the issue). The steering is still far to sensitive around the centre-point. Of course, the throttle was left the same - horrible.

The throttle is just completely wrong. The default, at least, should be a totally even distribution. Instead, the top 25% seems to control around 50% of the throttle, which is crazy, and completely unatural. It just makes it very tricky exiting corners; it's so important to find that 70/80% throttle point exiting corners. But instead, as you squeeze the throttle, 50...60...and suddenly a jump to 90 or something, wheelspin, oversteer, and a bit mess.

If anything, it should be the other way around - the first 30% of analogue steering control 50% of the throttle, while the remaining top 70% does the rest.

I agree with Alan_G regarding his joypad analogue control comments. They are far too sensitive and incremenets need to be evenly applied across the analogue stick range. Please can we have sensitivity options for both sticks in the options (if you're listening, PD) ? :D

I agree with Alan_G regarding his joypad analogue control comments. They are far too sensitive and incremenets need to be evenly applied across the analogue stick range. Please can we have sensitivity options for both sticks in the options (if you're listening, PD) ? :D
Yes this is now becoming a serious issue for Controller user's, having the Controller be user customizable for the sensitivity of the Sticks would seriously help out all controller user's. Also it could help prevent some accidents from happening, as Driver's could make more accurate steering inputs. Hope this get's addressed, I undertand and lvoe the fact that PD are using Prologue as a 'testing ground' to improve GT5 but this is a test where the results have come back to demostrate favor to less sensitive Stick controls.
Take it easy guys,
Rusty*

Tracks:
------Nurburgring
------Monaco

(Even a Prologue to a game deserves at LEAST 10 different courses)

Cars:
------Mclaren F1 LM
------Ferrari Enzo
------Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
------Pagani Zonda
------Kronigsegg CCR
------Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster
(How can there be a racing game with NONE of these????)

Physics

Spec III makes physics better but some cars still need attention.The Ferrari F2007 took a loooong time to get but handles miserably!Especially compared with F1 Championship Edition! SIXAXIS controls need attention.While most cars feel superb with steering wheels, the same can't be said with SIXAXIS.

Hope this will make GT5P better!

found a glitch of some sort at high speed ring in reverse. i can rub the nose of my car along the inside of the first corner it makes the car go slower but not the score it keeps ticking away ...

Physics

Spec III makes physics better but some cars still need attention.The Ferrari F2007 took a loooong time to get but handles miserably!Especially compared with F1 Championship Edition!

Hope this will make GT5P better!

Yes. The Ferrari F1 handles pretty badly. It's just rubbish through corners; lots of screeching and sliding (which is not what one would expect from a car supposedly with an incredible amount of downforce). And there's a problem in low-speed corners, in particular entering hairpins. For example, turn 1 in London; I find that the rear just lets loose as you begin to turn in. And it's nothing to do with the brake-bias too far to the rear - I've tested it extensively and even if you do all the braking before turning, the rear still slides out as you turn in. It's a bit like a big brick-of-a-saloon car where all the weight shifts to the front while braking, and the rear gets light when turning. This is totally uncharacteristic to an F1 car.

found a glitch of some sort at high speed ring in reverse. i can rub the nose of my car along the inside of the first corner it makes the car go slower but not the score it keeps ticking away ...

Thats strange...the best line should be a little bit of the wall. Well thats what it was in spec II. Maybe there making the line slightly wider there?
Interesting.đź‘Ť
Rusty*

Please for the love of motoring change the exhaust noises. It seems to me that they are actually not even exhaust noises, but rather engine noises portrayed from a distance. On some cars there is a BIG disparity between how the engine sounds from the hood, inside the car, and from the rear. Best examples: 350Z, Skyline 370GT, and Jaguar XK.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, didn't read all 19 pages.

Some car sounds are poor. The Subaru Impreza sounds nothing like a boxer (flat four) engine in Prologue. Having said that, engine / exhaust sounds have improved over time in updates.

Back