POLYPHONY DIGITAL are you listening?

• Thread starter Threshold
  • 467 comments
Have ability to boot out punters

SORRY guys, made mistake. ended up have 2 off the same past.
Had to EDIT.

Last edited:
1. i want an online licence at least for the expert races.
would definitely help to keep too slow drivers and punters out.

2. replays from online races would be fine.
3. like everybody: private lobbys
4. online tournaments with multiple races or long endurance races 10-20 laps

Oh yeah that reminds me.

Give player 2 their own seperate controller configuration for split-screen. I normally use my own customised button setup when I play with a controller but I always end up having to put it back to the default when my friends play.

Actually the whole split-screen mode could use some work. In the future I would like to see:

1. More than two driving views to choose from.
2. The pre-match setup screen changed so that both players can change their settings etc at the same time instead of having to share a menu.
3. The option to watch the replay in fullscreen instead of split-screen only.
4. If fourteen A.I. cars is too much to handle in splitscreen, how about a smaller number like four?

I'd love to see:

+ Private races.
+ Voting system for next track, kick clients etc.
+ Practice and qualifying sessions prior to race on some public and option on private servers. Similar to GT Legends where you can wait in the pits and monitor others qualifying.
+ Adjustable race length.
+ Fuel and tyre wear on longer races with pit stops.
+ Improved penalty system.
+ Some new tracks such as Brands Hatch, Zolder, Nurburgring (the GP circuit), Nordschleife.
+ Car damage.
+ Improved car physics (i.e. cars that can roll, flip etc. in crashes).
+ A replay system at the end of the race showing all the major incidents. Could be reviewed to assess incidents and punish those blatently causing trouble.
+ Fastest lap time of all cars shown in race and at end of race.
+ Day / night cycle.
+ Variable weather.
+ A means to signal. i.e. headlights or horn.
+ Optional text / voice chat.
+ Access to Garage from online race menu.
+ Ability to copy Quick Tune setups from one slot to another.

We can all dream...!

I could agree with most of what you've wrote, but don't expect too much for the GT5P spec III version. As the name says - it's a "Prologue", not the full version. :ill:
Of course that I will be very happy if we had this already but I don't want to get disappointed once spec III is out, at least until the full GT5 will be out sometime in the next 5 years... :sly:

Private rooms with the host has full control of the room. Must be able to kick and ban the numpty drivers from you room.
Please do NOT put in a vote system for next track! WHY?? if you don't like the track the host has picked then go to a room were they are racing on the track you want to race on, or host your own room with that track. (I can't see the point in it, apart from mucking up private rooms)
I just want to have a good clean race online so private rooms are a must for me.

I could agree with most of what you've wrote, but don't expect too much for the GT5P spec III version. As the name says - it's a "Prologue", not the full version. :ill:
Of course that I will be very happy if we had this already but I don't want to get disappointed once spec III is out, at least until the full GT5 will be out sometime in the next 5 years... :sly:

Indeed, I agree - this is my wishlist! :D

Hey PD:

Disable the barrier impact penalty and shortcut penalty if you are moving at very low velocity relative to the track.

Last night online at HSR I got punted a few times (and made some of my own mistakes). But instead of a single barrier penalty from the initial spin, I got three consecutive penalties in a row while simply trying to back the nose off the wall and turn around. Instead of a place or two, I fell to last.

Hey PD:

Disable the barrier impact penalty and shortcut penalty if you are moving at very low velocity relative to the track.

Last night online at HSR I got punted a few times (and made some of my own mistakes). But instead of a single barrier penalty from the initial spin, I got three consecutive penalties in a row while simply trying to back the nose off the wall and turn around. Instead of a place or two, I fell to last.

I didn't even know administrators complain too :lol:

I didn't even know administrators complain too :lol:
Well we are all here for GT!:D
I just thought of an idea for a new track...THE ISLE OF MAN!!!:dopey::dopey:
That would be really something!👍
If you haven't seen the track, do a search on youtube.
It's a super highspeed track that runs through towns...real town roads, instead of race tracks. It woudl be a great place to drive highspeed Supercars, driving road cars on road, rather than road cars on race tracks.;)
It's a tricky track and is very dangerous, you'll see what I mean if you youtube-it.
Peace out,
OnlineGT

It's a super highspeed track that runs through towns...real town roads, instead of race tracks. It woudl be a great place to drive highspeed Supercars, driving road cars on road, rather than road cars on race tracks.;)
It's a tricky track and is very dangerous, you'll see what I mean if you youtube-it.
Peace out,
OnlineGT

The Isle of Man track is awesome, and yeah it is dangerous too, saw one video of one bike racer crashed into the wall because of a bug that splattered on his helmet visor. double thumbs up dude 👍👍

Please PD enable RA for onemake races and timetrials AGAIN!
I loved the F430 VS GTR Suzuka race BECAUSE of RA you could minimize the differences between the cars. O f course always used the Ferrari!
This rubbish just makes me want to throw my PS3 out of the window ..!
since when is it good to remove things?? if people chose not to use it ok, but WHY remove it?

Peace out,
OnlineGT
seen a clip once of the lap the late Tony Pond did in a standard Rover at an average of 100mph (in a stock road car!!!!) and it was unbeleivable......gotta have this track PD.

Wow cool.:D Nice to see you guys agree.;)
The Isle of man is an epic track with a killer reputation...quite literally.
It has some things in common with the Nurburgring if you think about it.
1. Its a real track.
2. Its real dangerous.
3. Has a reputation much like the Ring has.
4. It's a very long and high speed track.
And Last but not least, it really puts Drivers and Riders to the test!:scared:
I just thougth I'd add a bit more detail to it, seeing how it has been accepted positively. Thanks guys.;)
OnlineGT
Edit:Here's a Video link:The Isle of Man
Hope you like it.:)

Last edited:
Would be nice to have that track on GT5. By the way I'm moving to Ireland pretty soon, so I might go and watch the Isle Of Man annual races if I get the chance. ;)

Wow cool.:D Nice to see you guys agree.;)
The Isle of man is an epic track with a killer reputation...quite literally.
It has some things in common with the Nurburgring if you think about it.
1. Its a real track.
2. Its real dangerous.
3. Has a reputation much like the Ring has.
4. It's a very long and high speed track.
And Last but not least, it really puts Drivers and Riders to the test!:scared:
I just thougth I'd add a bit more detail to it, seeing how it has been accepted positively. Thanks guys.;)
OnlineGT
Edit:Here's a Video link:The Isle of Man
Hope you like it.:)

jep super thrilling track man...
but one compairisment you make is not correct dude,the isle of man is not a real track...it is a road being closed off for racing,unlike the Ring...:sly:

spyrrari.

but one compairisment you make is not correct dude,the isle of man is not a real track...it is a road being closed off for racing,unlike the Ring...:sly:

spyrrari.
Well if you want to get technical lol:D
What I meant is that it is a real life location that is officially sanctioned for Race events.;)
Anyone check out the Vid yet? It is really worth a look.
If you watch it tell us what you think.:)👍
Peace,
OnlineGT

spyrrari.

So by that rationale Monaco isn't a real track either?

guys ,for real...
i meant that there is a difference between a closed off road and a race track thats it,nothing more nothing less...
Rusty allready explaned what he meant so....

spyrrari.

You've all heard it before and you'll hear it again..

Damage!

crash_682x400_462006a.jpg

So the "official" Tourist Trophy Track has a length of about 60 Kilometers, a lot of this are "flat out" sections...
I think the TT-course IS very interesting (imho mainly for Motorbikes than for cars...), but I´m afraid that it´s much to long for putting it in GT 5 Prologue....imagine, you have to drive over half an hour (in a "normal" midrange car, cleanly & fast) for a single lap....:nervous:
The record on a Motorbike (CBR 1000 Fireblade) in 2007 was 17:21,99 (John McGuinness):scared:

Attachments

• TTmap-big.jpg
    TTmap-big.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
You've all heard it before and you'll hear it again..

Damage!

crash_682x400_462006a.jpg

Spot on. We have to keep banging on the drum. Last night i had "another" story about this.

So my dad comes to visit me in a middle of a travel. Since nobody wanted to pay for hotels, he and his 3 business partners stayed in my apartment.

All 50 yearl old guys that are clueless about games, but love cars. (since selling them its their job).

Everybody takes GT for a spin, and they are all amazed by the game's realness. That until someone crashes and just bounces back to the track.

"why isn't broke?"

Enough is enough, to the public eyes, this is the last barrier GT needs to cross to be "real" real. We've waited and understood the reasons for 10 years. Don't make us wait much longer PD.

I think that picture's pretty much what it would look like at turn 1 suzuka or fuji :scared:, then again it might make people a bit more cautious.

Please arrange on-line events by combination of pp and drivetrain :

example = fr cars at 700pp , mr cars at 650pp , ff cars at 600pp

something on that order would be cool.

- Private rooms with the ability to customize EVERYTHING regarding the race
- Damage
- More touge driving
- A possibility to set up real grand prix -like events online with practice runs and qualifying sessions
- Ability to spectate races from different camera angles
- Ability for one player to film and cast the race to viewers

I think that if damage is availible the first 4 days is madness with standing starts:scared: but then people who want to race will be something more carefull and well something like dtm/wtcc bit of tagging but not ramming each other off the track.👍

also they need to do something about the rolling start i mean common rolling starts are great if they do it like real races with the field closing to each other.:dopey: again madness at the first corners:)

Latest Posts

Back