Porsche 991 Information Released

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 1,004 comments
I think that's one of the worst looking 991's I've ever seen. The colour isn't offensive, and the seats are lovely, but those are the worst wheels available for the 991, and it has a half wooden steering wheel and wood on the dash FFS. It's a 911, not a luxo barge.

And what's up with the ride height - have they left the shipping packers in the springs? Looks like a Cayenne.
It's meant to be a throwback to the early 911s, that might explain the wood bits. Why they went with those wheels, I dunno. I think it looks pretty nice, especially as a historical landmark celebration kind of thing.

Sorry for the double post, I thought this deserves its own post. Here are some articles on the GT2 RS published by Evo and Top Gear.

http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/911/19...review-passenger-ride-in-the-gt2-rs-prototype

this new GT2 RS promising lunacy on a new level altogether, sub 3 seconds to 62mph, 124mph comfortably under 9 seconds and a top speed in excess of 211mph.

We know the engine’s based on the Turbo S’s 3.8-litre twin-turbo unit. To that the GT department has added bigger turbos, upped the boost, added a bespoke lightweight exhaust and revised the internals to cope with the increased power.

There’s also a new water spray cooled intercooler system, it coming with a separate 5-litre tank that’ll need refilling after three hot laps of the Nurburgring. It dropping the intake temperature by as much as 15 degrees to allow the GT2 RS is huge hike in power.

Pre-homologation Porsche is stating its output as ‘greater than’ 641bhp and 553lb.ft.

Driving the rear-wheels via a seven-speed Sport PDK, that’s a deliberate, and necessary decision. Necessary for the engine’s torque output, and deliberate as it’s faster, Preuninger admitting GT cars wearing an RS badge will always be about outright speed - so PDK only.

a52i6385.jpg

a52i7241.jpg

a52i5922.jpg

jdl20958.jpg

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/we-ride-new-porsche-911-gt2-rs

This is what we know: the new GT2 RS will have ‘in excess’ of 650bhp and 553lb ft, via a heavily revised 3.8-litre twin turbo flat-six pinched from the 911 Turbo S.

There’s water-injection intercooling, new internals, unique turbochargers, and more. It bins the Turbo’s four-wheel drive (driving only its rear wheels), adds a seven-speed PDK gearbox, and raids the GT department’s parts bin for all the best bits. It also adds some new ones for good measure.

Special Gold memb..err, fing..err, Edition
Just 500 of the limited-edition 446kW 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series coupes will be hand-built in Germany for global consumption, with “extremely limited” numbers available for Australian buyers at an eye-watering $590,700 plus on-road costs.

The price – $128,800 more than the “standard” $461,900 911 Turbo S coupe – is no barrier to certain Australian buyers who have already placed orders sight unseen for the new variant that is shown in the publicity photographs in a metallic gold finish but can be had in different colours

GT2RS will have a Weissach package as an option a la 918.

WP to include... titanium cage, carbon roof, magnesium wheels... and using the 918 a guide, potentially; thinner glass, no front trunk lining, no storage pouch and door pockets removed, ceramic wheel bearings and thinner, titanium-backed brake pads, (and more carbon inside and out). Car will already be sub 1,500kg before this.

Some people saying c.600bhp is not enough given the 488, Huracan & 720 have c.700, but this is Porsche bhp, and history indicates they tend to be a bit conservative on the claims.

Fully expect the GT2RS to run sub 7 at the 'Ring, and break non-hyper car lap records everywhere.

Pretty excited for the GT2 RS, and yes, I definitely expect some Nurburgring records even though Porsche said they don't care for that anymore. Which, clearly they do care, considering the 991.2 GT3 broke some records of it's own on the track very recently. :lol:

I wonder how long until we start seeing 991.2 GT3 RS stuff? Even though it feels like the previous one only just came out, it's about time another one is due?

991.2 GT3RS should be end of next year, once GT3 production has finished.

GT2RS will have a Weissach package as an option a la 918.
Holy 🤬.

I did read your post detailing what it will entail, but I definitely want to see the option side by side with the "standard" car. I was almost expecting it to include the spoiler right off the race car too. :lol:

I'd rather have a PTS than an off the shelf 'exclusive' when spending that much money.

Car looks absolutely absurd..... in a good way. But I can see this car being a great opportunity for people to flip like the 911R as it will be likely to be in very limited production. With Preuninger coming out recently to try and crack down on these kind of dealings, so it will be interesting in how much this GT2RS will do in value over time.

Car looks absolutely absurd..... in a good way. But I can see this car being a great opportunity for people to flip like the 911R as it will be likely to be in very limited production. With Preuninger coming out recently to try and crack down on these kind of dealings, so it will be interesting in how much this GT2RS will do in value over time.

There's little they can do unless they go all "Ferrari" and start inviting customers to own limited editions based on their previous good behaviour.

There's little they can do unless they go all "Ferrari" and start inviting customers to own limited editions based on their previous good behaviour.
Was thinking that as they can't just blacklist buyers for just wanting to sell their cars for where there might be other implications than just flipping it, plus in a scenario where someone would happily pay for 200% of the value of what you bought the car it would be extremely hard to decline the offer.

Porsche can have a few ways of preventing this as you suggested but to of course raise unit of production and slapping an obscene price tag on the car.

It will rocket as all RS' do, and this being the first GT2 in 7 years.

After the 911R fiasco, I doubt these will be as easy to flip. Porsche was definitely not happy with how quickly R values sky rocketed on the used market.
Was thinking that as they can't just blacklist buyers for just wanting to sell their cars for where there might be other implications than just flipping it, plus in a scenario where someone would happily pay for 200% of the value you bought the car it would be extremely hard to decline the offer.

Porsche can have a few ways of preventing this as you suggested but to of course raise unit of production and slapping an obscene price tag on the car.
That's exactly what Porsche does. They did it starting back when they discovered owners were flipping their 918s.

Like Ferrari, Porsche has its own select group of clients that get first access to every model announced, months in advance of launch. Owners with cars like these caught flipping them are barred from the group and not given any allocation on a new, unique model. I would bet several 911R owners, such as the man who flipped the personalized Steve McQueen car, are not likely being given any dibs on this model.

Looks as mad as all RS's (though the graphics are relatively restrained)... those 21's on the back and the rear wing are a bit bonkers (in a good way)... all I'm interested in now if how fast is it????

Looks as mad as all RS's (though the graphics are relatively restrained)... those 21's on the back and the rear wing are a bit bonkers (in a good way)... all I'm interested in now if how fast is it????
With the debacle of Huracan Performante being able to beat the 918 around the Nordschliefe, I would not be surprised if this car can beat that lap time.

With the debacle of Huracan Performante being able to beat the 918 around the Nordschliefe, I would not be surprised if this car can beat that lap time.

I heard 7'05, but will wait for something more official.

Performante's time is BS AFAIC... even ignoring doubts over the validity of the video, the tyres were custom made for the car, and a number of interior parts had been removed.

I just want the entire official specs, the car that was slated not to be made then said it would be made and finally here is as great looking as most of us would hope. The last GT2 RS is my favorite modern Porsche so I wouldn't mind this replacing that.

Today, I met a guy whom flips 911's. He has a 991.2 Endurance Racing and a 991.1 GT3RS for sale. He also has a 991R but he's not going to sell this one (maybe he doesn't want to be blacklisted).
He also said that he ordered the new GT3 (special version of which are only 2 produced) and that new golden exclusive turbo S.
When I said that he must be a millionaire, he clearly said that he wasn't. He invests the money of the sold Porsches to buy the other exclusive Porsches.

This guy claimes that the Endurance Racing, once sold out, is going to rise in value. I'm not convinced. It is a standard S with extra options and a few stickers on it. Eventhough it is a limited edition, I doubt that this one will be more worth it in the future.

Today, I met a guy whom flips 911's. He has a 991.2 Endurance Racing and a 991.1 GT3RS for sale. He also has a 991R but he's not going to sell this one (maybe he doesn't want to be blacklisted).
He also said that he ordered the new GT3 (special version of which are only 2 produced) and that new golden exclusive turbo S.
When I said that he must be a millionaire, he clearly said that he wasn't. He invests the money of the sold Porsches to buy the other exclusive Porsches.
Got a link to these cars?

I heard 7'05, but will wait for something more official.

Performante's time is BS AFAIC... even ignoring doubts over the validity of the video, the tyres were custom made for the car, and a number of interior parts had been removed.
The tires are available for purchase as an additional option.

Qualms about the interior invalidate every lap time, then.

Have any pictures of the rear, undisguised, been posted anywhere? Interested in seeing what the rear diffuser area is like on this car to go with that wild rear wing.

Back