Porsche 991 Information Released

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 1,004 comments
Have any pictures of the rear, undisguised, been posted anywhere? Interested in seeing what the rear diffuser area is like on this car to go with that wild rear wing.

All I could find was this so far, cause I also was curious, the test car doesn't seem all that difference from what was revealed, just a cleaned up and painted car now.

2018-porsche-911-gt2-rs-at-e3.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-7---2018-Porsche-911-GT2-RS-%283%29.jpg

I really don't like the vast areas of black on the bumpers or decklid, which is why I've never warmed to the 3 RS, either.

VXR
I really don't like the vast areas of black on the bumpers or decklid, which is why I've never warmed to the 3 RS, either.

I meant he deck lid makes sense cause it's functional ducting for the new turbos. The bumper is weird to me and I don't like it either, I was expecting an actually diffuser there instead of what we see

I don't want to start a new thread for a simple question regarding Porsche 991. So I'll ask my question here.

Question:

I read on this porsche forum that a new 991.2 is much cheaper in GB than in other European countries. I checked the Porsche/UK website and to my astonishment, a 991.2 is not only cheaper but it is much cheaper. >>> £17,737 cheaper. This is a lot of money.

So is it possible to order a new LHD 991.2 with personal options in England and export this car to Belgium? I guess it is due to the mutual recognition for passenger cars. A few conversions have to be made though, before going to the Belgian MOT.

* Rear fog light

* Headlights

* Speedometer: KPH instead of MPH (not sure of this one though, probably not).

images.duckduckgo.com_zpsil6ngbyo.png

If some-one knows exactly what the correct procedure is, what to do, what to look for etc... , please let me know.

Thanks in advance. :)

So is it possible to order a new LHD 991.2 with personal options in England and export this car to Belgium? I guess it is due to the mutual recognition for passenger cars. A few conversions have to be made though, before going to the Belgian MOT.

* Rear fog light

* Headlights

Headlights definitely, speedo should be dual-marked anyway (or an easy conversion), what's the difference in the rear fogs?

I guess you also need to check how much import duty you'd need to pay in Belgium - that's where value often gets balanced.

The best thing is for you to ring a dealer. This one is on the M62, after 1 hour drive that'll get you to Kingston upon Hull and onto the Zeebrugge ferry ;)

Car looks absolutely absurd..... in a good way. But I can see this car being a great opportunity for people to flip like the 911R as it will be likely to be in very limited production. With Preuninger coming out recently to try and crack down on these kind of dealings, so it will be interesting in how much this GT2RS will do in value over time.
Some interesting info recently revealed on Rennlist pertaining to Porsche fighting flippers.
They are doing something for sure. I had a call from my dealer. He said PCNA wanted to confirm that I still have my 911R (which of course I do). I was surprised they are doing it this way instead of simply checking carfax.
Dealers were told today on conference call that VIP abusers that are flipping cars for profit will be dismissed from program going forward. Approximately 250 people remain in program. A soon to be released new vehicle will be offering newly revised VIP program benefits. Currently proposal is that a VIP special allocation must be owned no less than 1 year, but that could change to require longer ownership

These are not rumors.....I was on conference call myself. 2 things discussed, 918 owners flipping awarded special allocations for profit (not wide spread but happening with both RS and a couple Rs) and eliminating the flippers from VIP program. Going forward VIP must hold onto a special allocation for at least 1 year but all discussed possibly changing to 2 year requirement (I doubt this will change past 1 year) and incorporating the new terms to VIP program before new Pano comes out with the approx 700Hp (all in) and it will get VIP benefits. I'm only reporting the news don't shoot the messenger...

Jalopnik has been sharing a post as well about a Florida allocation of a PTS GT2 RS on a subscribers' only edition of Bloomberg. However, it's been confirmed fake as not even 918 buyers have been contacted about the car.

what's the difference in the rear fogs?
AFAIK, in England the rear fog light is on the right hand side and in Belgium it's on the left hand side. Unless a car has two rear fog lights.

Import duty? Is England still part of the EU (Brexit)? If so, there are no import duties.

The only thing I supposedly have to pay in Belgium is 21% VAT.

AFAIK, in England the rear fog light is on the right hand side and in Belgium it's on the left hand side. Unless a car has two rear fog lights.

Ah, I see. I can't remember the last time I had a car with a single rear fog light... but no idea about the Porsche :)

Import duty? Is England still part of the EU (Brexit)? If so, there are no import duties.

At Customs... no. I didn't know if your DIV included an import (aka re-registration) fee in the introductory tax.

The only thing I supposedly have to pay in Belgium is 21% VAT.

Ouch.

I don't want to start a new thread for a simple question regarding Porsche 991. So I'll ask my question here.

Question:

I read on this porsche forum that a new 991.2 is much cheaper in GB than in other European countries. I checked the Porsche/UK website and to my astonishment, a 991.2 is not only cheaper but it is much cheaper. >>> £17,737 cheaper. This is a lot of money.

* Rear fog light

* Headlights

images.duckduckgo.com_zpsil6ngbyo.png

If some-one knows exactly what the correct procedure is, what to do, what to look for etc... , please let me know.

Thanks in advance. :)

Price difference is primarily down to the near 20% devaluation in Sterling pre/post Brexit. Porsche have a price increase in the UK (effective July IIRC), but I think it's only around 3%, so it won't close the gap.

As for buying in the UK and exporting... legally, a British dealer could not refuse your order or they would be breaking European Free Trade laws... but they could make it difficult... like not honoring RHD pricing for a LHD model.

The practical differences aren't much of a problem...

1. You can alter the digital speedo to KPH with the press of a few buttons even on my old 996, and the analogue speedo on them is pretty useless as it's so small (rev counter has priority in 911's) - I only ever use the digital speedo on mine.

2. Fog lights are a common European requirement (911's have 2 rear fogs, so no issues with LHD/RHD)

3. You might need new headlights if they supplied a LHD car with lights configured for driving on the left side of the road, but these would cost a lot less than £17k!

VAT is a non-issue as long as you pay it in the country of purchase within the EU. I would expect there to be a local registration tax, but you might be able to off set that by not registering it in the UK and having it shipped back to Belgium.

Primary issue would be LHD order from UK dealer... and availability (Porsche have decent waiting lists on all 911's at the moment).

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/vehicles/cars/vat-buying-selling-cars/index_en.htm
Price difference is primarily down to the near 20% devaluation in Sterling pre/post Brexit. Porsche have a price increase in the UK (effective July IIRC), but I think it's only around 3%, so it won't close the gap.

As for buying in the UK and exporting... legally, a British dealer could not refuse your order or they would be breaking European Free Trade laws... but they could make it difficult... like not honoring RHD pricing for a LHD model.

The practical differences aren't much of a problem...

1. You can alter the digital speedo to KPH with the press of a few buttons even on my old 996, and the analogue speedo on them is pretty useless as it's so small (rev counter has priority in 911's) - I only ever use the digital speedo on mine.

2. Fog lights are a common European requirement (911's have 2 rear fogs, so no issues with LHD/RHD)

3. You might need new headlights if they supplied a LHD car with lights configured for driving on the left side of the road, but these would cost a lot less than £17k!

VAT is a non-issue as long as you pay it in the country of purchase within the EU. I would expect there to be a local registration tax, but you might be able to off set that by not registering it in the UK and having it shipped back to Belgium.

Primary issue would be LHD order from UK dealer... and availability (Porsche have decent waiting lists on all 911's at the moment).
So, in other words, buy one in Belgium and don't go through the hassle. :D

VAT could be a problem. As it's a new car, I have to pay VAT in Belgium as well.

You have to pay VAT in the country where you register the car, which is usually the country where you live.

You have to pay VAT on the total price of the car - this includes any accessories or associated costs, such as delivery charges.

If you pay VAT twice, both in the country of purchase and in the country of registration, you are entitled to a refund. You must take this up with the seller or the tax authorities in the country where you buy the car.
Link!

Then you should be able to reclaim the VAT paid in the UK... so you'd have a net 1% hurt (UK VAT is 20%).

But it will be a hassle!!
Thanks for the help. Now we can go back on topic.

This seems to be the general discussion thread for 911's (covers all new models), so no issues my side talking this :)

I've got an email from Porsche Centre Leeds and they can't help me.

Porsche centre Leeds
Porsche have very strict rules on exporting new cars to other countries so I can’t supply you with a new car I am afraid

What does this mean for me. >>> Literally; keep on dreaming kikie, keep on dreaming. :P

Ask them to explain how their policy fits in with European Free Trade laws ;-)

Ask them to explain how their policy fits in with European Free Trade laws ;-)
I don't think I'm going to do that. It's a good reason to stay out of all the problems and don't get stressed out trying to import the car and try to get a VAT refund.

Last edited:
Porsche is still being quiet on the 991 GT2 RS, not even acknowledging it despite it being shown at E3. But rumor has it that all 1000 being produced have already been sold off? All seems a little odd, but Porsche probably wants to properly reveal it themselves. Or maybe avoid the hype that drove up the 911 R prices?

Last edited:
GT2RS has been a well known 'secret' for a couple of years at least... some people had LOI in with their dealers just on the off chance Porsche produced one (though LOI process has since been discontinued).

Most likely, dealers have already spoken to their most valued customers, enquired if they'd be interested, and have a short list drawn up.

If your name's not already down, you're not getting one :lol:

First pics released. An interesting note on Rennlist is the lack of a "000 of xxx" plaque that normally sits on these cars, usually where the Weissach plaque is. A couple folks are saying the car will not be limited, and guessing it may be Porsche's way of fighting off flippers by building to market demand.
80-gt2rs4_dfd74bd93b87859c2df3566287a0bd8166ef9973.jpg

80-gt2rs5_1a2c92f6fea96192eaa1668a09560d8db18a322b.jpg

80-gt2rs6_725ff1492298e87dc18118fd4f2a69ef72f9788c.jpg

80-gt2rs_8c9b607142f9bde8d8ff2a5cd722f49b8f176d52.jpg

80-gt2rs1_259fd3157d7e08996d1da73f6c7a3102cc79feb0.jpg

80-gt2rs2_42b4288aecf4589238b10e8b2dce0b5a63fd4f33.jpg

80-gt2rs3_51a3d5804f43112a9838c2b1fc660cfd277a3193.jpg

80-063e3daa_6999_4cbf_8043_f00a9db4b642_teaser_original_720x1_5_3139a74c391e5e5b2777b9ac86e720dd4fa0751c.jpg

Will be unveiled Saturday at Goodwood.

Now that's a monster of a car. If they build to market demand that would be awesome cause that means potentially more cars produced than what they would have if it was a limited run.

First pics released. An interesting note on Rennlist is the lack of a "000 of xxx" plaque that normally sits on these cars, usually where the Weissach plaque is. A couple folks are saying the car will not be limited, and guessing it may be Porsche's way of fighting off flippers by building to market demand.

What a concept... building to demand. It's fine and good to limit production to keep your prices high, but every once in a while you gotta cash in with some extra units to make that really pay.

As usual for GT Porsche's, it looks hard as nails... utterly ridiculous... in a good way!

Rumours of open supply are just dreams. Porsche won't supply more than 1-2 thousand. They can hardly keep up with supply - everything they make is on long lead times - so they just don't have capacity.

£207k... not super expensive by Ferrari or Lamborghini standards, but still c.£70k more than a GT3RS or 991R!

Problem for Porsche with pricing this is the 991 Turbo S is c.£170-180 with extras.

I reckon these will immediately trade at c.£500k on the open market.

In fairness, the 4.0 has been commanding a high premium ever since it's own release. I'm not sure if their used value has changed at all.

Back