Porsche 991 Information Released

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 1,004 comments
For me, GT Silver looks best on the 991 GT2RS with the Weissach package.

I also heard absolutely no PTS on the GT2.
For the money it costs to PTS, I'm confident it will appear. It was $60K for 918 & reports are Seinfield dropped $80-$100K for it on a 911 Carrera. It just wouldn't make sense to me to avoid it considering it was allowed on the last GT2 RS.
gt2.jpg

BV2yBbZh_es

There is a window one has to get in at just the right moment when PTS becomes available, though.

I was surprised to hear that an official Porsche centre still has 2 GT3 4.0 slots or allocations (whatever it is called). I thought that they would be sold out already.

I wonder if the GT3 4.0 Touring Package with manual gearbox is going to hold it's value.

GT3 4.0 Touring Package or a GTS, which one is the most interesting Porsche of the two?

I was surprised to hear that an official Porsche centre still has 2 GT3 4.0 slots or allocations (whatever it is called). I thought that they would be sold out already.

I wonder if the GT3 4.0 Touring Package with manual gearbox is going to hold it's value.

GT3 4.0 Touring Package or a GTS, which one is the most interesting Porsche of the two?
If you haven't, check the Rennlist forum about it. There's a couple threads that'll make for some morning reading material with a couple cups of coffee.

For the money it costs to PTS, I'm confident it will appear. It was $60K for 918 & reports are Seinfield dropped $80-$100K for it on a 911 Carrera. It just wouldn't make sense to me to avoid it considering it was allowed on the last GT2 RS.
BV2yBbZh_es

There is a window one has to get in at just the right moment when PTS becomes available, though.

I think it's more down to capacity than revenue - Porsche are currently running at max capacity on 991's, and PTS adds a extra layer of complexity to the production line.

I think it's more down to capacity than revenue - Porsche are currently running at max capacity on 991's, and PTS adds a extra layer of complexity to the production line.

Never thought I'd see the day where Porsche would be at full tilt on production, for so long it was "we'll do it when we get to it, and it will be done to perfection". To this new world of build build build. I would really hope though they find a way to do PTS and the market in general is flooded.

Never thought I'd see the day where Porsche would be at full tilt on production, for so long it was "we'll do it when we get to it, and it will be done to perfection". To this new world of build build build. I would really hope though they find a way to do PTS and the market in general is flooded.

There was no PTS on the 991.2 GT3 in the UK either. Porsche have been at max capacity on 911's for a few years.

They need to wrap up 991 GT production so they can move on to the 992... and there's still the 991.2RS to launch/manufacture yet.

There was no PTS on the 991.2 GT3 in the UK either. Porsche have been at max capacity on 911's for a few years.

They need to wrap up 991 GT production so they can move on to the 992... and there's still the 991.2RS to launch/manufacture yet.

I thought the 992 production wasn't to happen for another couple years?

I thought the 992 production wasn't to happen for another couple years?

Yes... 2019 from what I've read. But they need to finish GT3 production, then start GT2RS, then GT3RS. And maybe another GT4. The GT line will run pretty much flat out until the 992 starts.

Yes... 2019 from what I've read. But they need to finish GT3 production, then start GT2RS, then GT3RS. And maybe another GT4. The GT line will run pretty much flat out until the 992 starts.

But they've yet to actually do any extensive testing for the 992 so I find the 2019 production year (unless they're 2020s build in 2019), somewhat optimistic. Especially when they go about with talking points such as not wanting to entertain a certain limited number of GT2RS and so on. We will obviously see but I feel a few year out and 992 will be seen obviously.

992 has been testing for some time now - already been seen at the 'Ring, and running both hot and cold weather testing.

And in multiple configurations - coupe, convertible, 2 & 4 WD.

True. Guess it comes down to whether or not the 2RS will be limited or not as they say. I’d still expect PTS to show up after the initial batch is made. They seem to already be delivering quite a few in Germany; saw a Guards Red one on the forums the other day.
Isn’t the GT4 for the Cayman, or is Porsche looking one for the 911?

Also talks that the upcoming car for Geneva is a 911 Speedster, so there’s potentially that as well followed shortly by a new Boxster Spyder and rumors of a Cayman RS. Busy schedule for those Germans.

True. Guess it comes down to whether or not the 2RS will be limited or not as they say. I’d still expect PTS to show up after the initial batch is made. They seem to already be delivering quite a few in Germany; saw a Guards Red one on the forums the other day.

It's limited by Porsche's capacity to make them... so numbers will be similar/less than GT3RS.

I didn't think any had been delivered yet... There aren't any at the UK experience center, and Porsche UK haven't even got a demonstrator as far as I know.

Not sure if the Journos have driven one yet... maybe @homeforsummer knows?

It's limited by Porsche's capacity to make them... so numbers will be similar/less than GT3RS.

I didn't think any had been delivered yet... There aren't any at the UK experience center, and Porsche UK haven't even got a demonstrator as far as I know.

Not sure if the Journos have driven one yet... maybe @homeforsummer knows?
I’ve seen about 3-4 and they were all spotted around the ‘Ring. Unless they’re the cars going for the record, they’re all different and have what appear to be normal plates.

I’ve seen about 3-4 and they were all spotted around the ‘Ring. Unless they’re the cars going for the record, they’re all different and have what appear to be normal plates.

Almost certainly Porsche corporate cars in final testing. If any customer cars had been delivered there would be stuff on YT.

I think we're still a couple of months away from customer cars.

I would guess that lap is quicker than a Cup car would manage (with a pile more downforce and slicks). It's a minute faster than a 997GT3, and half a minute faster than a 991GT3RS :lol:

The rate it accelerates from 100kph to 250kph, and the amount of throttle he's using on the exits are pretty startling - doesn't seem to have any understeer to speak of either... Porsche magic at work :lol:

Porsche is truly dedicated to keep that layout relevant in the competition.

Imagine if that rear-wheel steering was adopted in the air-cooled models way back then.

That system is pure witchcraft. And even the new Cayenne can be fitted with it. :lol:

The aircooled cars had their own version of rear wheel steering ;)

As well as all the 991 variants, 4 wheel steering is now an option on the new Cayenne and on Panameras ... I'm sure it will be on the 718 and the next Macan soon enough.

VXR
I’m usually pretty indifferent to Ring times, but I don’t deny it’s fascinating when Porsche get their 911 into race car territory with sub-7 minute runs.
That's the part that blows my mind. Looking at the lap times of many race cars over the years, the GT2 RS isn't far off on a set of tires that come with the car when you buy it! On top of the fact that this lap time was set by a rear wheel drive, rear engine car is just incredible.

10 seconds quicker than a 918, Jesus. Lamborghini has rumors that they have an even more hardcore Huracan in the works as the swan song, but it’d need some serious witchcraft to top that. :eek:

A street car that can lap the Nurb as fast as a slick-shod track-prepped Pagani Zonda R is a mighty achievement. Kudos to Porsche.

That partially red interior. :yuck:

Really impressive. Makes me want a Porsche even more. :D

If you want to find out how to tackle the corners on the 'Ring, this video is a very good reference.

Almost certainly Porsche corporate cars in final testing. If any customer cars had been delivered there would be stuff on YT.

I think we're still a couple of months away from customer cars.
Here is the Guards Red one. Was spotted in Serbia. I assumed these were normal plates since Porsche usually throws in the model name somewhere on their test cars. Maybe you'll spot the difference, though.
porsche-991-gt2-rs-weissach-package-c476524092017024039_3.jpg

No, can't see anything suspicious about it other than it being a German registered car in Serbia. But I still don't think any customer cars have been made or delivered yet.

Latest Posts

Back