Porsche DLC coming - First post updated with Car List

• Thread starter Fortinbras
  • 1,032 comments
Think along the lines of how the F10 and F2007 are handled in GT5.

Exactly that. Whether that's still the case I do not know.

Yeah, I hope Porsche aren't silly enough to ban their cars going against others. Maybe against RUF at most as that's somewhat understandable.

I really hope that isn't the case.

Love the fact Porsche is in though, the new events are what make it worth it for me.

1600MS?

NOPE. Porsche is one of my top three manufacturers but that is not going to fly. I'll gladly wait for FH or FM5 instead. Ridiculous.

What?! The price of 4 pints and the toys have come out of the pram?

I HIGHLY doubt that will be the case here. I'm pretty sure the F10 and F2007 in GT5 are locked because of F1 licensing with these Ferrari F1s more than anything.

And it would be a big fail in my book if that does happen.

I HIGHLY doubt that will be the case here. I'm pretty sure the F10 and F2007 in GT5 are locked because of F1 licensing with these Ferrari F1s more than anything.

And it would be a big fail in my book if that does happen.

Except in the case of Ferrari, they aren't bound to the same licensing restrictions as the rest of the teams. They have a unique arrangement likely to do with their utter seniority in the sport.

The limitation is only to do with one of two factors: 1. Ferrari (the likeliest, considering a Red Bull is in the game and it would walk all over it before it even got to 60 MPH), or 2: PD.

Despite all of my criticisms, I wouldn't suspect the latter if you paid me to.

it's the price of a half decent dinner.

Exactly this. Just think of all the other places or things you would blow $20 on. And then think of how much more enjoyment you will get from a game that you love, now with the greatest car manufacturer (my opinion) back in it. This has just pushed the longevity of this game for me ten fold.

Are you guys really talking about the thought of porsches being banned from racing against any other make of car? In a sandbox racing world such as forza they cant do that, can they?

Maybe not online, but in the events/World Tour they could, just by limiting what cars are allowed to participate.

However, whilst there might be 20 blank boxes in event mode, they're spread across all three regions, so I would hope you'll have events where Porsches take on the high-end American and Japanese cars too?

They absolutely can. It depends on what's specified in the licensing agreement.

Whether that's still the case is what the problem is at this juncture.

It won't be the case.

$19.99 is a very good price, as someone said, works out cheaper than 3x10 DLC packs and includes extra events and gamerscore.

Sweet.

Edit: From official FM4 website:

"In addition, players can expect to see Porsche models in the AI field when racing in events, as well as integrated into Forza 4’s level reward structure."

I viLe styLe I
$20.... Really? Here's a big middle finger to Microsoft for being money whores.

Every single one of you know these models were already made prior to the launch of the game (with most models already being imported from previous releases and touched up).

I will not, am not paying $20 dollars (1/3 of the censored release price) for 30 cars!

HOW DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE?!?!

"Oh, we'll new events and gamerscore."

Ya, garuntee the events were coded prior to release. How is increasing the gamerscore cap on a game worth money?!

🤬 that.

If you think about it this way:

10 cars = 580MS points

Multiplied by 3:

30 cars = 1740 MS points.

So, at 1600 points, you're saving 140 MS points already. Plus you get new events, MAYBE new Autovista, and more achievements. I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

What did I just say? :P

I do hope they remove the duplicates of the same chassis though, unless it's unique.

This seems plausible. It seems T10 has done a great job of removing a lot of the Race car duplicates from the rest of the manufacturers, with the exception of Chevy, Ford and Holden.

Even though this is a slightly different situation I think some of this still applies....

The Great "On Disc" DLC Scandal!

Except for, T10 couldn't legally make the Porsches that might have been on the disc available, so it's a completely different situation. It's slightly similar, but entirely different.

The good news is, EA no longer has any exclusive licenses....with anything. I think their football licenses have almost all expired. There might be one left that expires this year, but...Yeah...competitive gaming is good for business when it comes to licenses. And having your product in as many games as possible is the best business solution.

Greenawalt also stressed that EA wasn't looking to outright block the vehicles from being used in the Forza series. "EA wanted to bring Porsche into Forza Motorsport, they were not against it, we just had to find the right terms that gave equity to the license."

See people, EA is not the Satan of the gaming industry everyone thinks it is.

Now can we stop acting like they are?

No.

I have plenty of evidence that supports the hate so many have of their practices.

I've said this twice already: EA still has the exclusivity license with Porsche and will remain as such for the next few years.

The agreement for Porsche coming back to Forza 4 was made through EA.

Except for, T10 couldn't legally make the Porsches that might have been on the disc available, so it's a completely different situation. It's slightly similar, but entirely different.

The good news is, EA no longer has any exclusive licenses....with anything. I think their football licenses have almost all expired. There might be one left that expires this year, but...Yeah...competitive gaming is good for business when it comes to licenses. And having your product in as many games as possible is the best business solution.

My point was, this stuff isn't free. It annoys me a bit when people throw the dummy over optional DLC content. I think we've gotten a bit too used to been given huge amounts of content for the same base launch price of games over the years. When you think about how much effort and cash goes into games like forza I think we shouldn't grumble when they ask for some extra DLC funding.

It's not like call of duty where the development team can build the whole game (gun and map models) without barely leaving the office, with little to no license fees. Investing in games such as Forza and GT demand a decent sized monetary investment, the publishers would like to recoup that, if they don't it's bye bye franchise we so love to bitch about.

It's not just because of their actions with porsche that led to that opinion. They have a large history of shafting fans out of their favorite gaming sport games. Think Madden and even origin vs steam. They have some way to go to get me 100% back on side.

As a Pro Evolution Soccer fan I've endured years of my favourite football game lacking licences because of EA's exclusive deals.

I have very little good will for them.

Heavens be praised!

forza-motorsport-3-1955-porsche-550-spyder-47984_1314240014.jpg

$20 isn't that bad. It works out to be $.67 per car if you do not consider the events to be worth anything, other games have charged far more for far less content. Even GT5 offers DLC at $1 per vehicle, so in comparison $.67 isn't a bad deal.

As a Pro Evolution Soccer fan I've endured years of my favourite football game lacking licences because of EA's exclusive deals.

I have very little good will for them.

To be fair, it's not always the developers fault, sometimes the other party requests an exclusive deal, I know the NFL was looking for an exclusive deal.

My point was, this stuff isn't free. It annoys me a bit when people throw the dummy over optional DLC content. I think we've gotten a bit too used to been given huge amounts of content for the same base launch price of games over the years. When you think about how much effort and cash goes into games like forza I think we shouldn't grumble when they ask for some extra DLC funding.

+1 we get an awful lot of game for our money these days.

Back