Porsche DLC coming - First post updated with Car List

• Thread starter Fortinbras
  • 1,032 comments
I really hope they finally get the 917. The 312 P needs its ass kicked! :D

Vic-Elford-Porsche-917-Sebring-1971.jpg

Such good news. I hope all the road cars from FM3 are back, especially the 550, 914 and the '73 Carrera RS. I hope there are more old Porsches, too. A 356 or a Speedster would be perfect.

For those complaining about the price, people have already made the point that these thirty cars (plus all the extras) are cheaper than buying 3 ten-car DLCs, so the argument that it's too expensive fails on that point. Did anyone expect EA to give these cars away for free? Or course not. I'm sure Turn 10 had to pay EA handsomely for Porsche. The conspiracy-theory complaint about how suspicious it is that this is announced for release just after the season pass expires is silly. Or course it is. If it was part of the season pass, there would be no extra income and therefore no way to pay for the licensing cost.

If you still can't justify the price, that's fine. It's your money and only you know what something is worth to you. But rest assured I will be enjoying all these Porsches on the day they are released.

Don't wanna pay - your not gonna play, simple as that. 20 dollars is nothing compared to the value Forza 4 has given me.

Can't wait for the new DLC, Carrera GT wing going up.

As a Pro Evolution Soccer fan I've endured years of my favourite football game lacking licences because of EA's exclusive deals.

I have very little good will for them.

I'm with you on that and I'll be honest... I liked PES but I LOOOOOOOOOOVE FIFA. Not sure why it always draws me more than PES ever has but I've always wanted PES to have all the licenses.

I'm also sure the NFL2K fans would want something outside of Madden for licensed teams and players.

I hate on EA a ton cuz of this but I'm a sucker for some of their games like FIFA and Battlefield. I'm sure that Greenwalt's response wasn't to tell the truth but moreso to keep ties with EA on a positive note, so if they want Porsche for FM5 or other projects they'll easily get it.
I wonder if NFS The Run being a flop justified EA to get some money for Porsche..

Who knows how much microsoft have had to pay to get them in the game again, 1600 seems fair to me

And to me, MS is the problem. I know the license fee wasn't free. The thing is, MS always nickels and dimes everyone on everything. Every new console has a new proprietary connector for this, for that. They'll add one pin to an output just so you have to buy new cables.
If MS is involved, I know they're getting more out of it than I am. That's my issue and always will be.

I wonder if NFS The Run being a flop justified EA to get some money for Porsche..

EA said they wanted to create a wall around their Porsche license, make sure that if anyone wanted to race a Porsche, they had to buy an EA game. If NFS the Run was a flop, then I'm sure the exclusive licensing fee EA has to pay Porsche was hurting their profits, if there were any. Sub-licensing Porsche to Turn 10 for use in a far more successful racing game is a great way to make the money they need to pay Porsche.

I'm with you on that and I'll be honest... I liked PES but I LOOOOOOOOOOVE FIFA. Not sure why it always draws me more than PES ever has but I've always wanted PES to have all the licenses.

I hear you, but I still think for depth of gameplay and player individuality, PES is still king. :P

/off topic

Did it sell that badly then? I bought Hot Pursuit and really enjoyed it for what it is and I probably would have bought 'The Runs' as well had it not been for the Porsche thing.

And to me, MS is the problem. I know the license fee wasn't free. The thing is, MS always nickels and dimes everyone on everything. Every new console has a new proprietary connector for this, for that. They'll add one pin to an output just so you have to buy new cables.
If MS is involved, I know they're getting more out of it than I am. That's my issue and always will be.

I think it's just the electronics industry in general. They are going to nickle and dime you on everything under the sun, I mean if they can get $100 for an HDMI cable then they are just hunting for money.

The video game industry is even worse and I don't care who the developer is. EA seems to be the worse though with their day-one DLC, but it's the world we live in. If people don't want to see this they need to stop buying any extra content, however that will probably backfire and result in no additional content ever.

I would say that Sony does the exact same thing. Here's looking at you Memory Sticks specific to Sony products only!!

X360s for quite a long time have had HDMI as an HD output means, as far back as the X360 fat consoles. And last I checked the PS3 component cable required a Sony proprietary component cable set if not using HDMI for HD video output, and Sony locked out 3rd party controllers in one of their FW updates. So both companies follow similar practices in my book. I'd even go as far as Nintendo but no one talks about those systems :P

I hope a few of the are Autovista. Autovista seems to have been all but abandoned by T10.

I would say that Sony does the exact same thing. Here's looking at you Memory Sticks specific to Sony products only!!

X360s for quite a long time have had HDMI as an HD output means, as far back as the X360 fat consoles. And last I checked the PS3 component cable required a Sony proprietary component cable set if not using HDMI for HD video output, and Sony locked out 3rd party controllers in one of their FW updates. So both companies follow similar practices in my book. I'd even go as far as Nintendo but no one talks about those systems :P

Yes but Microsoft do it far more often...you pay for online for peats sake that is just demeaning to any gamer.

By the way this is great news for the Forza franchise and other racing games. Maybe EA will be a little less stringent on the Porsche license. Price is steep for some and I can see where they are coming form as it is a third of the game's price.

Day bleep one sale for me!

Yes but Microsoft do it far more often...you pay for online for peats sake that is just demeaning to any gamer.

Um no. Sony has been, currently is and will be the king of that I am afraid.

The agreement for Porsche coming back to Forza 4 was made through EA.
Uh Oh! Maybe EA is taking over T10..........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Just kidding. Of course if this did happen, thank god for Dec.21st 2012:lol:.

Awesome news today in the Forza world. I am looking forward to this.

By the way this is great news for the Forza franchise and other racing games. Maybe EA will be a little less stringent on the Porsche license. Price is steep for some and I can see where they are coming form as it is a third of the game's price.

Who does it more often is always up for debate, and not one for this topic. Sony is just as guilty as MS is for money grabs. There are plenty of games on consoles and PC platforms that you pay to play online. Soon enough Sony will be forced to charge as well. All those costs to run and maintain the network have to be paid somehow and personally I don't cry over $4-5/month.

How is pricing steep? 30 cars in a single pack is being sold 80 MS Pts cheaper than if you bought 3 separate packs with 10 cars each. I will gladly pay the 1600MS pts for 30 Porsches, even if 23 of them were in previous Forzas (I just hope we don't see any duplicates like same race car with various liveries, but the Porsche Sport Classic is there so I'm happy!!!)
You know what's steep and a ripoff? Charging $2 for single use paint chips, $3 for in game race suits & helmets and $8 for mostly racemods of existing cars in the game...

You may want to go and take a look at the price of memory cards for the Vita before heading down that road.

As for paying for online being "demeaning to any gamer", well I've been a gamer for more years than most of our members have been alive and colour me blue if I don't feel demeaned by it.

Please feel free to state you opinion on something, but don't project that opinion on others, let alone all gamers.

Scaff

1600 seems a bit steep, i like porsches but not that much, time to start saving as i always end up getting the dlc

Exactly how I feel.
It's a great addition to the franchise and 30 cars for 1600 as stated earlier is cheaper than 3 regular car packs so a great deal but I'm not sure I'll use 30 Porches! Maybe 5 or 6, I hope they at least give the option to get most of the cars separately.

Autoblog is reporting "The licensing deal isn't long-term, so if Porsches are your thing you should mark May 22 on your calendar."

I don't plan on waiting to find out how long it will be available. I will be hitting the server hard on the 22nd, making sure I get it.

Either way I think this is awesome that Porsche is making it back into the game regardless of DLC price etc. Running ALMS races is going have a much better feeling with it with the (hopeful) return of the Flying Lizard's and such. :)

Ok you got me. Where did you find this out.
Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Sports#Exclusivity_deals

The last exclusive deal they have is with the NFL which ends at the end of the 2012 season. And I believe Take Two Games is already preparing NFL 2K13.

There was a lawsuit last year or in 2010 (I can't remember) that essentially stated that EA had violated antitrust laws by buying up all the exclusive deals. It was a lawsuit filed back in 2005/2006. I don't know if there's been an official ruling, but the big deal about it was that EA could end up being banned from ever having an exclusive license ever again. Of course, that's happening on it's own thanks to EA's bad reputation. NASCAR left EA because they thought they weren't doing a good job, Lamborghini and Ferrari dropped EA like a bad habit as soon as their contracts were out and Ferrari hasn't appeared in an EA game since the Ferrari pack in NFS Shift, and there's a reason for that.

The truth is, no one wants to deal with EA, and car manufacturers and franchises have learned the value of having your name in as many formats as possible.

Do, you still earn a bunch of money for each level pass 150? I mean, are they gonna dish out the money cap amount when you get to the 900s?

Do, you still earn a bunch of money for each level pass 150? I mean, are they gonna dish out the money cap amount when you get to the 900s?

The cap is at 999,999,999. This has been known from day one with the billion dollar glitch that got many people banned.

I'm not sure I'll use 30 Porches! Maybe 5 or 6, I hope they at least give the option to get most of the cars separately.
Nail on the head! I can only hope they decide to offer three 10-car packs in addition to the super-pack. Based on the FM3 list WaRL0rD kindly provided earlier, I would skip the other twenty (and the Autovista/event stuff) if I could have this:

"Classics Pack"
1955 550 Spyder
1970 914/6
1973 911 Carrera RS
1982 911 Turbo 3.3 (930)
1987 959
1989 944 Turbo
1995 911 GT2 (993)
1998 911 GT1 Evo Strassenversion (996)
2004 911 GT3 (996)
2003 Carrera GT

Look ma, no duplicates! But this is totally wishful thinking.

What?! The price of 4 pints and the toys have come out of the pram?
What?! Someone doesn't like something on the internet?

That's a great idea actually. I could buy four pints all at once, drink one and a half, and then forget about the other two once a cold 24-pack appears a few hours later. Or I could just plunk $12 worth of quarters into an arcade game and walk away. Now that's financial responsibility right there.

Or...hey, what's that on my shelf? Why, it's NFS: Porsche Unleashed! I could drink four pints and play that. Do you get four pints with this DLC pack?

Back