Porsche DLC coming - First post updated with Car List

• Thread starter Fortinbras
  • 1,032 comments
Now all we need is Turn 10 to also launch a VW Kombi, Karmann Ghia and VW Beetle so we can do Porsche engine swaps!!

Now on a more serious note, I think this Porsche DLC is great news. If you love Porsches, it's your dream come true. If you hate Porsches, this is awesome as well, it means more cars to beat with your superior Ferrari or Lamborghini!!

Loving the bitching about 1600MS being too steep or the fact the cars should have been there from day one and we're being milked (it's the corporations maaaan!). Get the hell over it, Turn10 needs the money from sales to pay for such things as, oh gee that'd be EMPLOYEES (those guys that actually produce the game), LICENSES (one of which we just got so that we can enjoy Porsche) and a litany of other expenses such as renting or paying off their office spaces, servers (if they have them), etc.

Quit your damn bitching and just enjoy the fact we get Porsche at all.

lmpcars651-1-thumb.jpg

me+gugusta.jpg

Loving the bitching about 1600MS being too steep or the fact the cars should have been there from day one and we're being milked (it's the corporations maaaan!). Get the hell over it, Turn10 needs the money from sales to pay for such things as, oh gee that'd be EMPLOYEES (those guys that actually produce the game), LICENSES (one of which we just got so that we can enjoy Porsche) and a litany of other expenses such as renting or paying off their office spaces, servers (if they have them), etc.

lmpcars651-1-thumb.jpg

me+gugusta.jpg

You mean this Porsche?

And to me, it sounded like Dan was saying EA still has a deal with Porsche...That's hard to believe with Porsche being owned by VW....the guys who pulled Lamborghini out of the contract with EA.

So if Porsche was included on disc last October, Turn10 would be going bust right about now?

Yeah. :odd:

So if Porsche was included on disc last October, Turn10 would be going bust right about now?

Yeah. :odd:

I don't know where you're going with this, but just because a company could absorb a cost doesn't mean they should. Corporations operate to make a profit.

It's really simple, people. If you don't think the Porsche pack is worth the money, don't buy it. Nobody is entitled to it.

I don't know where you're going with this, but just because a company could absorb a cost doesn't mean they should. Corporations operate to make a profit.

It's really simple, people. If you don't think the Porsche pack is worth the money, don't buy it. Nobody is entitled to it.

I'm not going anywhere with it, simply replying to a post that infers Turn 10 needs to release this kind of DLC to survive. They don't, I'm sure of that, but it's a nice extra revenue stream for them to help improve the series.

For what it's worth I will be buying the Porsche pack even though I think it's a little over-priced. Just glad to see Porsche back. But I completely understand the criticisms of the pricing of this pack.

They need to release any kind of product to survive and specifically this one to pay for the Porsche license. Understand now or shall I break it down even futher? :rolleyes:

So.... Now we call you T "baby face" O? :lol:

LOL I don't know about "baby face" but at least I don't look like I'm about 5 years from retirement. lol

I too am not a fan of paying so much for this pack. I think the price is steep but who knows what Turn10 has to pay EA. I mean we all know if they're paying we ain't getting it for free especially after the fact (FM4 already released)

They need to release any kind of product to survive and specifically this one to pay for the Porsche license. Understand now or shall I break it down even futher? :rolleyes:

You heard it here first folks. Without DLC, T10 will cease to exist.
Edumacate us, great one. :rolleyes:

And to me, MS is the problem. I know the license fee wasn't free. The thing is, MS always nickels and dimes everyone on everything. Every new console has a new proprietary connector for this, for that. They'll add one pin to an output just so you have to buy new cables.
If MS is involved, I know they're getting more out of it than I am. That's my issue and always will be.
It's business. I know it sucks, I dislike paying for everything myself and would prefer it if I could get more stuff for less money. I'd think that goes for everyone. It just won't happen, though.

As a matter of fact, most, if not all big companies are after your money. It's something one has to deal with. Either by accepting it, or by ignoring the products.
Yes but Microsoft do it far more often...you pay for online for peats sake that is just demeaning to any gamer.
I can't even use standard SD cards or micro SD cards for Sony products, I have to buy their Memory Stick things, which are quite expensive compared to normal SD cards. And they've been doing this for years and years now. So, really, this isn't just MS.
What?! Someone doesn't like something on the internet?
Nothing wrong with disliking something, it never is. It just doesn't make sense to call the price steep when it actually offers better value than the DLC packs preceding it.
My point was, this stuff isn't free. It annoys me a bit when people throw the dummy over optional DLC content.
Optional is the key word here, I agree. If the DLC was necessary to keep playing the game, I'd be the first to agree that that would be utter crap. The way DLC works, though, I don't see a point in getting worked up over it.
See people, EA is not the Satan of the gaming industry everyone thinks it is.

Now can we stop acting like they are?
Well, they're not the devil, that'd be far too melodramatic. They're just as much after our money as everybody else is. I don't agree with their strategy of releasing updated games every year to make people pay the full price for something that could very well have been DLC, but I can easily ignore that.

It is, however, hard to ignore their exclusive deals if the games I want to play are affected by them. It's EA's fair right to do so, but that doesn't mean that it isn't annoying. This doesn't go just for racing games, either.

It's business. I know it sucks, I dislike paying for everything myself and would prefer it if I could get more stuff for less money. I'd think that goes for everyone. It just won't happen, though.

As a matter of fact, most, if not all big companies are after your money.

If they weren't after my money, they'd be out of business.

People are complaining over $20..... I would rather complain about gas prices... In other words, the economy is keeping us from buying things that really interests us.

The people complaining about the price are obviously not taking into account how much EA must be charging T10 for the license. They were obviously charging allot if T10 and EA were not able to get a new deal done by release day.

The people complaining about the price are obviously not taking into account how much EA must be charging T10 for the license. They were obviously charging allot if T10 and EA were not able to get a new deal done by release day.

Well Dan actually mentioned in the Jalopnik interview that even if they had gotten the go ahead to use Porsche, they wouldn't have had enough time to add the cars to the game, since I guess they decided to recreate them all rather than port them over.

It seems your attitude still hasn't changed. Tone it down now or you'll find you have plenty of time away to do it.

Nothing wrong with disliking something, it never is. It just doesn't make sense to call the price steep when it actually offers better value than the DLC packs preceding it.
They could offer 100 Porsches for all I care. I'm not going to chase after every DLC that's a "good deal" for a game I won't be playing forever -- I skip and pick-and-choose DLC for this reason all the time.

Gran Turismo's glacial development pace may be annoying, but Forza's pace is becoming too quick to justify investing in extra stuff. If this was $5 or even $10, I could shrug it off. If I hadn't bought the season pass, I might have bought this instead of any other DLC. But just as hindsight is 20/20, Forza Horizon's announcement has given me the foresight to just sit tight and save my money.

That was my point from the beginning -- I'll gladly wait and enjoy what I have. It's funny, because if Horizon hadn't been revealed I might have sprung for this. Even if Horizon sucks and this DLC is a limited-time offer, I don't think I'll lose sleep over saving $20 on a game I already enjoy.

They could offer 100 Porsches for all I care. I'm not going to chase after every DLC that's a "good deal" for a game I won't be playing forever -- I skip and pick-and-choose DLC for this reason all the time.

Gran Turismo's glacial development pace may be annoying, but Forza's pace is becoming too quick to justify investing in extra stuff. If this was $5 or even $10, I could shrug it off. If I hadn't bought the season pass, I might have bought this instead of any other DLC. But just as hindsight is 20/20, Forza Horizon's announcement has given me the foresight to just sit tight and save my money.

That was my point from the beginning -- I'll gladly wait and enjoy what I have. It's funny, because if Horizon hadn't been revealed I might have sprung for this. Even if Horizon sucks and this DLC is a limited-time offer, I don't think I'll lose sleep over saving $20 on a game I already enjoy.
That's all fair and good, all I'm saying is that there were quite a few people who were like "oh, value's no good for this pack, no thanks", which is kinda hard to claim, given that the value doesn't seem to be any worse than that of the preceeding packs.

You have your reasons for not liking it, and guess what, I won't even try to sway your opinion. For me, half a year is plenty to enjoy an investment of twenty bucks (most games cost more and don't last as long), but it if isn't for you, fine. That's entirely different from claiming that the pack doesn't offer good value, when it's no worse than what people have been buying for the last four months.
If the season pass wasn't available, you'd have a point.
Previous DLC packs never included a single new event, though, and you get those on top of the cars, as well as new achievements. Those seem to get largely ignored. Dunno why.

So, I'd say that my point still stands. Season Pass was something like 30 bucks for 60 cars (0.50$ per car). The Porsche pack is 20 bucks for 30 cars (0.66$) and you you still get the additional content on top.

So, even with the Season Pass, I'd say that the value of the Porsche DLC isn't any worse than the value of the current DLC packs.

Because everyone is forgetting the new events and other new feature and just focusing on the "we should have got this from the start" line. Ugh.....

Because everyone is forgetting the new events and other new feature and just focusing on the "we should have got this from the start" line. Ugh.....
Agreed.

I mean, I wouldn't even disagree with the "we should've gotten the cars at launch" thought, if T10 would've been able to put the cars into the game at launch. Which they weren't. Not due to time constraints or because of a conscious decision to omit the content and sell it later on, but due to legal issues.

Back