Porsche DLC coming - First post updated with Car List

• Thread starter Fortinbras
  • 1,032 comments
So anyone guessing which Porsches will be in?

Here's my top 5

- Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR
- 944 Turbo
- 911 GT1
- obviously a street 911 turbo, which year... who knows

- I hope for an older air cooled RS though

I'm hoping for older racing Porsches not yet found in Forza franchise. I LOOOOOOOOOVE the brand and will gladly pay $20 for 30 of them, even if 23 are carried over from past Forzas. To some this cost might be a bit high but it's cheaper than if you bought 10car packs separately and in the long run if they have each individual car for sale, it is still cheaper.

FYI, I did not pay for the season pass. I didn't really get what it was until after the 2nd DLC. Had I really looked into it, I would have paid for it and saved me money. But I piss $10-50 a week on normal stuff so this is chump change to me.

There's more between FM3 and 4 than a few new cars ;). I've even bought the Collector's Edition :lol:.
That would invalidate your own point, though. You can't go back to FM3 to drive 27 of the 30 Porsche without sacrificing what FM4 brought to the table, aside from the new cars.

In the grand scheme of things it's fair enough to have to pay. Fact is if you don't want to then don't, just don't moan and whine cause some people want to spend a bit of cash to enhance the already brilliant game. That just comes across as bitter.
I will purchase as its not much money, it offers great value to me for the out lay, and I feel every time I pay for DLC or stuff from turn 10 I invest in the future of the forza franchise ... win win.

I also can't wait to see how much better the Porsches look, but even more than that... how much better they will sound!!!

Something has just dawned on me:

This releases on the 22nd of May, correct? Why then? Why not the first Tuesday like every other DLC, season pass-inclusive or not? The launch bonus pack and the Veloster bonus pack both released on a Tuesday, and both of those were non-inclusive to the Season Pass agreement.

Does anyone get where I'm going with this?

It's possible this is releasing alongside the second season DLC in May.

It's a theory that holds water after a bit of thinking. As I've said: why release it on the 22nd? There's no NFS title still getting it's share of the spotlight, so, why would the agreement specifically be upon that date?

If it's season pass #2, I'll bite... cuz I didn't really understand what it was until I had already paid full price for 2 DLCs :P

Would have saved me some money!

It's possible this is releasing alongside the second season DLC in May.

It's a theory that holds water after a bit of thinking. As I've said: why release it on the 22nd? There's no NFS title still getting it's share of the spotlight, so, why would the agreement specifically be upon that date?
Well, it should be released alongside the 'normal' May DLC. After all, the regular packs were planned a whhile ago, I'd assume. Quite a bit before T10/MS worked out a new licensing deal with EA for the Porsche sub license.

Therefore, I'd assume that your suspicion is correct, T12.

Fairly sure they have the full years worth of DLC planned. The majority of people were pretty upset when it ended then for fm3. It kept the game somewhat fresh and created a buzz each month.

If it does, boy is the fm4 ultimate collection going to be a bargain for some. Rumour (at FC) is there's a new track coming in may too, maybe that's what T12's spidey senses are tingling from

Would be cool if the track pack coincided with the Porsche pack and they gave us Leipzig:
track1.jpg

I've been wondering if the new Silverstone layout will be part of the pack. ISTR the new Porsche centre is next to the track in a new section?

Geez when I put down my request on the DLC car wishlist for a VW Beetle, I didn't expect to see these many Beetles in the game!

Here are my guesses for the seven new cars:

356 (was in Forzalopnik)
928 GTS (also in Forzalopnik)
918 RSR
991 911
Boxster Spyder
Cayman R

I wouldnt mind seeing the 959 again. I had a blast with it on the old Forza's in all its awkward shaped glory.

At this stage I'm more interested in new tracks rather than cars. I hope Turn 10's priorities haven't completely switched to car packs.

The Nurburgring GP circuit was released in the February after Forza 3 was released so I was hoping we'd at least have an announcement for a new track by now.

At this stage I'm more interested in new tracks rather than cars. I hope Turn 10's priorities haven't completely switched to car packs.

The Nurburgring GP circuit was released in the February after Forza 3 was released so I was hoping we'd at least have an announcement for a new track by now.

Why would they? FM2 and FM3 saw track DLC so I'm sure we're going to get a track or two in FM4. It's probably easier to do cars though, and my understanding is that the NurbGP didn't sell all that well (albeit rumor-mill only)

Why would they? FM2 and FM3 saw track DLC so I'm sure we're going to get a track or two in FM4. It's probably easier to do cars though, and my understanding is that the NurbGP didn't sell all that well (albeit rumor-mill only)

Yes I'm sure they still have plans to release a track/s. I guess the six season pass car packs plus the Porsche DLC due in May means we'll most likely get a new track a bit later than in the Forza 3 life cycle.

Tracks are what will keep me playing a racing game long term so I hope we get more than one. I'm not that bothered about the car DLC - so far it's been fairly average content for me.

Aslo it's a shame if the Nurburgring GP DLC really did sell badly. It was my favourite track in Forza 3 and still is in Forza 4. The trouble is Turn 10 didn't integrate it into the events list so it was only really useful online.

Do you think we'll get our usual DLC on 1st May (first Tuesday of the month) as well as the Porsche DLC or will it only be the latter?

Do you think we'll get our usual DLC on 1st May (first Tuesday of the month) as well as the Porsche DLC or will it only be the latter?
I see no reason why T10 would drop the (most likely planned) May DLC. The Porsche pack could very well be offered alongside the regular DLC and, well, that'd increase the overall amount of DLC sales, I'd guess.

That's why releasing on the 22nd would make sense, too. That'd mean that we get DLC packs on May 1st, May 22nd and June 5th, that's almost two weeks between the packs. Sales shouldn't affect each other too much. Therefore, I'd guess that if they were dropping one of the regular packs, they'd be releasing the Porsche pack on either May 1st or June 5th, not inbetween the dates that are scheduled for DLC releases.

I already have FM1, 2, 3 and can drive 23 of the 30 cars there.

the modelling is new, so is the sound, so is the interior, so is the handling.

If you are happy with Forza 3 it's up to you, all Porsche are going to feel much more alive in Forza 4 and for that, it is totally different as an experience.

If the season pass wasn't available, you'd have a point.

buy in bigger bulks > cheaper cars. it's the same philosophy in every DLC, and stays true with each pricing announced so far.

Porsche is a three pack, so its cheaper than a single pack, season pass is a 6 pack, so logically it is cheaper than a 3 pack.

the modelling is new, so is the sound, so is the interior, so is the handling.
They have to do some work, obviously, but it's less than what has to be done for cars new to the franchise.
Some cars have modeling errors since at least FM2. Cars aren't completely reworked when transferred into the sequel. I don't have a problem with this, I just expect not to have to pay the full price for these cars.
I'll wait until there's a discount or a FM4 Complete Edition. If you want the cars as fast as possible and think they're worth 1600MSP go for them 👍.

They have to do some work, obviously, but it's less than what has to be done for cars new to the franchise.
Some cars have modeling errors since at least FM2. Cars aren't completely reworked when transferred into the sequel. I don't have a problem with this, I just expect not to have to pay the full price for these cars.
I'll wait until there's a discount or a FM4 Complete Edition. If you want the cars as fast as possible and think they're worth 1600MSP go for them 👍.

Your argument holds no ground. Every fm4 dlc car cost 160 microsoft points.
So there is no argument that you should expect too get these cars for free. If they heard this same pack was coming too gt5 all hell would break loose.

I know we wanted it in from the start but we should blame ea for it not t10.
t10 must have put down a big bag of money for this liscence. So i would pay gladly.

So, T10 gets the license before the game releases, the license is part of development process and is part of $60 we pay for game. T10 gets license after game releases, cost of license is not part of initial development process, consumer gives t10 more money.
So, if you were t10, tell me, why would you include porsche from the start or wait til fm5 to put them in, instead of waiting half a year into the release, and making tens of millions of $$$?
Their main objecting is profit, remember? I'd much rather moan about it and tell them I'm not pleased, than just suck it up and let them know I'll do whatever they ask.

So, T10 gets the license before the game releases, the license is part of development process and is part of $60 we pay for game. T10 gets license after game releases, cost of license is not part of initial development process, consumer gives t10 more money.
So, if you were t10, tell me, why would you include porsche from the start or wait til fm5 to put them in, instead of waiting half a year into the release, and making tens of millions of $$$?
Their main objecting is profit, remember? I'd much rather moan about it and tell them I'm not pleased, than just suck it up and let them know I'll do whatever they ask.
So, uh, you'd rather not have the option to purchase the pack, so that you and everyone else would have to wait until FM5 to drive a Porsche again?

I mean, given that including Porsche in the game from the start wasn't possible anyways, I can hardly see the point you're trying to make, really.

Back