Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,442 comments
My battleship met a battleship (Iowa, BB-61)
14344244_10210541892371834_5052636969474676525_n.jpg

They even had a little Yamato model on board.
14317334_10210541896131928_6855828227890205278_n.jpg

What a lucky find to pick up a 30+ year old car in good condition with less than 100,000 miles! 👍 I've always been a fan of the original MR2 and you see so few of them on the road anymore. Good luck with it!

I've never really been a huge Toyota fan but it's starting to look like that now-a-days. I'm even using one as a 'support' vehicle. (Also my wife's daily)

29124186043_604546a6ba_h.jpg

Yup I made sure to snatch it up real quick, I believe it was on Craigslist for 1 1/2 days when I bought it. :lol: But thanks! Been enjoying the hell out of it so far, so damn nice to drive.

Edit: Finally took it out for a proper drive. I ****ing LOVE THIS CAR

image.jpg

Also some kid on a bike thought it was a Fiero :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks! Why are you thinking of selling your car? :(

The little things piss me off so much. I can't dare to touch the 🤬 thing without using VCDS to code it again.

Recently, my Xenon headlight went out. So I went out, bought two new ones ($99 for one!!! 🤬 hell!!)

I removed the headlights from their positions. I didn't do the "take off your bumper, your wheel arch lining".

I took the opportunity to refinish them. Still needs some work, but I'll do that later... if I decide to keep the car.

Now in order for me to remove the passenger headlight I needed to remove the entire air filter housing.

Which I did.

Now I ran out daylight and had to go somewhere so I had to park the car. I turned it on without the air filter installed and parked it to finish the job the next morning.

Well I just finished the job, every thing is clean, everything is working, everything is in its right place.

Turn the car on...

Check engine light on.

ABS light on.

Plug in VCDS, scan it... 5 engine fault codes, one transmission fault code, 5 ABS fault codes...

And I can't do 🤬 about it. Nothing is snapped, broken, leaking... it's fine.

Just problem after problem with this car... the car's value went from $6k (what I bought it for) to around $13k now... I'm just tired.

I'm tired of fixing the mess that the other orangutans left from messing with the car. E.g., smashed/flattened power cables in the battery compartment, missing screws and washers, rear license plate trim held on by silicon instead of the 5 screws that need to be there, and many, many, more.

I love the car to death but I'm tired.

EDIT

After some more toiling, the error codes are gone, and the problems have been properly fixed. Well, most of them anyway, I can't do anything about the left solenoid for now :indiff:

Speaking of the devil....

Last edited:
The little things piss me off so much. I can't dare to touch the 🤬 thing without using VCDS to code it again.

Recently, my Xenon headlight went out. So I went out, bought two new ones ($99 for one!!! 🤬 hell!!)

I removed the headlights from their positions. I didn't do the "take off your bumper, your wheel arch lining".

I took the opportunity to refinish them. Still needs some work, but I'll do that later... if I decide to keep the car.

Now in order for me to remove the passenger headlight I needed to remove the entire air filter housing.

Which I did.

Now I ran out daylight and had to go somewhere so I had to park the car. I turned it on without the air filter installed and parked it to finish the job the next morning.

Well I just finished the job, every thing is clean, everything is working, everything is in its right place.

Turn the car on...

Check engine light on.

ABS light on.

Plug in VCDS, scan it... 5 engine fault codes, one transmission fault code, 5 ABS fault codes...

And I can't do 🤬 about it. Nothing is snapped, broken, leaking... it's fine.

Just problem after problem with this car... the car's value went from $6k (what I bought it for) to around $13k now... I'm just tired.

I'm tired of fixing the mess that the other orangutans left from messing with the car. E.g., smashed/flattened power cables in the battery compartment, missing screws and washers, rear license plate trim held on by silicon instead of the 5 screws that need to be there, and many, many, more.

I love the car to death but I'm tired.

EDIT

After some more toiling, the error codes are gone, and the problems have been properly fixed. Well, most of them anyway, I can't do anything about the left solenoid for now :indiff:

Speaking of the devil....

Sorry to hear about your car troubles, but those pictures are great though

Back