Post any oddities you've noticed in GT 2

• Thread starter cerbera
  • 934 comments
Originally posted by bla
What´s this about if you don´t mind me asking?
Flooding the boards with the same post (those two emoticons), countless number of threads that are absolutely pointless, and he even said outright to one of our moderators that he was purposely postwhoring. Definitely not a good way to start a GTP career.

Originally posted by 11646
Not to be rude....but what is a good way to start a GTP career then Sage?:D :embarrassed:
Do exactly what neon_duke told you to do... use the search function so you don't post so many redundant threads, only post when you have something constructive to say/ask, and don't be a postwhore (number posts mean absolutely nothing at GTPlanet), which means don't post a bunch of nonsense just so that you can have more posts.

Originally posted by koolsax
Just the other day I was at the start of a race with two cars on my right. I started squeezeing them into the wall and they popped into each other. For about half a lap both cars drove as one and then they popped apart. They were yellow and i think green and different parts of the car were different colors. Like 1/4 of a bumper would be yellow and the rest would be green. I saved the replays so I could tell you what models and track they were if anyone's interested.
Me and my friend had this happen in GT1 going into the first corner of SSR5 at about 220 mph... me in a red Skyline, him in a blue Viper... I understeered and smashed the railing on the inside edge of the tunnel, he dide the same right into my side... and our cars merged somehow... it only lasted for an instant though, not the half a lap yours did... :D you're not going crazy

Originally posted by bla
...ok ok... (hides face)
Humm.. haven´t seen the gt2´s box in awhile but I´m almost positive you´re refering to a renault megane that gets those colors after race modifications.

:odd: , i may be suff'rin from a slow morning, but there aint no megane in gt2, is there?:embarrassed:

i've heard that the megane Rally version has 7 gear besides the reverse gear! is that true???

Indeed, I remember him from my RAC rally times. The car only gets 5 gears in gt2 though, since it´s not the real rally car just the stock megane with a similar race mod.

Originally posted by bla
...ok ok... (hides face)
Humm.. haven´t seen the gt2´s box in awhile but I´m almost positive you´re refering to a renault megane that gets those colors after race modifications.

You're right again bla. It is the megane that has the yellow and blue livery i was thinking of. I just got a bit confused cos in reality that livery belongs to the laguna :)

dunno if this is an oddity, or just the car, but my cobra coupe doesnt allow for stabilizer adjustment.

Originally posted by SliderX
I know the Acura Integras have something inaccurate for their supposed year but I don't feel like checking right now. I seen cars merge before. Also on some of the endurance races a car in laguna seca, I think it was a castrol supra, after the corkscrew just sat there in one place until after a couple laps i ran into it and it was normal again. I think the gears sometimes got screwy on the automatic transmission and it didn't want to switch or something. But I don't clearly remember everything since I stopped playing GT2 once I got GT3. At least I completely got through GT2 or so I think.

Fourth gear is screwed in the GS-Rs. It only drops the engine's speed by 500 RPM. The Type Rs are fine.

Originally posted by lefrog
Just like the Elise GT1...:odd:

Do you think it's alien technology scully?

I dunno Mulder, all i know is Deep Throat told me go to the oak tree in the rolling meadow and the truth would be revealed...

Hey:confused: , why am i Scully:confused:

Here is the story of the amazing GT40 pace car.

Was busy in the gt league at laguna in my Tusk ;)

The gt40 was leading up to the corkscrew on the first lap, when he spun giving me the lead. On the replay afterwards, he spun again at the 'screw on the following lap, only this time he didnt rejoin, he just parked it a revved the engine. When me and the troop came around on the next lap he rejoined, and how. From a standing start at the screw, he overtook everyone by the last corner and was gone. I hung with him for a lap ( and set my quicked time at LS), but the pace was too hot and by the time i won he was a good 1/3 lap in the distance.

:confused:

That the cars horsepower quoted by the games dealers and the horsepower quoted in the garage after by the car almost never matches.

somebody needs to figure out the steps for getting a car with over 2000HP through the glitch. I think it would be really cool to finally figure that one out. Although there aren't many people aware of this, it's always the car at the top of the list in your garage that gets glitched. That's really all i know about it.:odd: As you may have noticed by know, i love my glitches! :D

In some races when you go to the Grindawald course, two and sometimes three cars on the left, should be the one on grid 3 and 5 usually turn sharply to the left and go straight into the wall at the start.

I won a "Soft Blue" VW Lupo (again, for the 100000th time) but i decided to keep it and tune it. When i spanked all the car's asses at Tahiti Road FF race, on the rplays, the badge on the Lupo's rear says "Lupo SDI", a diesel model! not "Lupo 1.4"!

Another oddity is the fact that when i put a muffler on a Corvette '67 (427), it sounds like a skyline!!:odd:

I bought a renault clio for the small car cup race it sed 171 hp i went to tune it a bit and it sed 107 :banghead: very annoying it cost 30 grand :irked: :mad: :banghead:

go to time trial in arcade mode, when you start press "start" before the start line and exit, the replay should do odd things.

or just stop the car before the line and look at the timer.

i found a good'n, on the toms T020 (the mr-2 thing) there is a red badge on the back, wen u turn to the right the badge stays turn to the left it dissapears completly:lol:

Originally posted by Roo
Second race at the Historic car cup, Rome City Course, 295 hp limit. Yet when you start, there is usually a Ford GT40 on the grid.
After you win the Blue RX-7 GT-C from the FR races (I believe that's where it is) Do all the suspension, drive train and brake mods. You can also lighten it. And play with transmission settings till it will just hit the rev limiter at the end of the long back straight. Then if the GT-40 shows its cheating face. You'll be able to whip it with ralative ease. Even with the 27HP deficit.

The other oddity that I have noticed is that no matter what the HP limit is in most races. If you build a car to that limit, you will just murder the AI competition.

here's one:

go to the rome 2h endo. , start the race and leave it for 2 hours, finish this lap and you're finished you don't have to complete the 99 laps (but the again you will only be in 6th place).

Back