Post any oddities you've noticed in GT 2

• Thread starter cerbera
  • 934 comments
Another mistake is the Mini Cooper Special Car. I think it's Mini Cooper MK-1 or something like that. It says on the info screen that it's under 100 HP, but when you buy it and look at the page in your garage, it's over 200 HP.

A strange thing happened last night... in the GT World Cup championship thingy, one of the cars I was racing was the 99 GT-ONE. On the first lap of Trial Mountain, on the back straight, it spun over the hill. It stopped, facing the right way, but all it did was rev its engine, move back a bit, and then braked. It did that until it hit the wall behind it, which took about two minutes, when it started racing again ( by which point it was over a lap down).

Originally posted by Roo
A strange thing happened last night... in the GT World Cup championship thingy, one of the cars I was racing was the 99 GT-ONE. On the first lap of Trial Mountain, on the back straight, it spun over the hill. It stopped, facing the right way, but all it did was rev its engine, move back a bit, and then braked. It did that until it hit the wall behind it, which took about two minutes, when it started racing again ( by which point it was over a lap down).

How did you see all that? Did you stop to watch it? Oh, wait. Must've been the replay. I always forget you can see from any car in the replay.

If you set the car in reverse, then go to the max speed for reverse (about 60 mph) and then stop hitting the gas, it takes ages before you come to a standstill, at least in the GT-One, it slows about 1 mph down in 2 seconds.

I got another one:

The Lancer Evo II and III are supposed to hav OZ wheels, but you can find the exact same ones they have in Speedline

How about the Corvette and the BMW 850ci spinning out every single time in the first corner in the Apricot Hill enduro, now that's annoying when you're trying to make a fast lap and in the first corner you bump into one of those vehicles.

I know the Acura Integras have something inaccurate for their supposed year but I don't feel like checking right now. I seen cars merge before. Also on some of the endurance races a car in laguna seca, I think it was a castrol supra, after the corkscrew just sat there in one place until after a couple laps i ran into it and it was normal again. I think the gears sometimes got screwy on the automatic transmission and it didn't want to switch or something. But I don't clearly remember everything since I stopped playing GT2 once I got GT3. At least I completely got through GT2 or so I think.

I ended a time trial and the replay started. It was the Elise GT1 on SS Rt. 5. The replay started in the tunnel with the car just going into the wall (which never happened). I waited to see what it'd do next but it just kept doing that for over a minute. The lap time kept going up and up, higher than what the replay said it was going to be. The speed was 0. I finally got sick of waiting for something to happen so I started pressing buttons. The X and O buttons did what they were supposed to do in a replay. But the L1 and 2 and R1 and 2 were pretty unpredictable. The R1 seemed to start the replay over, or keep playing the same clip or something... I dunno. I didn't mess with it long enough to figure it all out but it was not my replay. It just made something up. Crazy.

Another thing that's been happeneing to me, and I don't know if it's an oddity or something about the game that I don't know, is sometimes, usually after a hairpin, the car will really bog down, accelerate very slowly. I don't get it. It doesn't seem to matter what gear or what RPMs. It just goes slow. It's happened to me in the Altezza LM and another car I can't remember right off. But anyway, that can really screw up a lap time.

Anyone had these things happen?

wow, I found another:

due to poor translation, the ride height of cars is in inches insted of millimeters on the US version.

so, my NSX is 98 inches off the ground.

A couple of oddities I've come across are...

1. When playing 2 player mode, the 2nd player's car starts to "bounce" regardless of whether it's moving or held under brake, I've even pulled my car up alongside to "watch" and can see the other car leaving the ground by approx 18 inches. Once this starts we have to restart the game as the car becomes undrivable. Have tried different controllers and settings but it still happens from time to time and occurs on any track with any car.

2. When racing in the "Tuned Turbo" at Test Track, I've noticed that occaisionally I manage to exit onto the main straight "perfectly" and receive an added speed boost, sometimes to over 30 kph more than the cars previous top speed. I'm not sure if this is some kind of reward for holding a perfect line or not and have not experienced this on any other track.

This was a one time thing but some old ****y mucle car FLEW by me in my fully tuned Skyline GT-R R34, this is also after I had a half a track gap!

yeah, with the Mini Cooper 1275, the special model, it says it has only 93hp, but when in your garage it says 293hp. Still the car kicks a$$2

its not really a glitch but when you go to the settings and check the dyno graph it has the torque in kg/m instead of the the usual lbs/ft in the nstc???

I got three

1) i did the rome 2hr and lapped every car at least twice, but only ended up winning by 3.5 seconds in the official time sheet

2) in the two player arcade mode, every 5 races or so, when both cars pit at the same time, either one car drifts sideways across the pit lane when supposedly jacked up, or one car gets dropped off its jacks as per normal but then gets stuck in a time warp and stops dead, with a sound coming out like its driving into a wall. Have to reset to fix that one

3) the old story of the salesman selling you a dummy. My 495hp storia, was actually the normal 427hp. Still a rockin car:D

I got sold the wrong laguna body kit:( my gt2 box shows a blue and yellow kit as used by jason plato and alain menu a few yrs back in the british touring cars. all i got was some putrid green kit

By gt2 box you mean the racing modification preview? I´ve never seen that race mod, the only mod I get is the green one. Must be a version thing.

On topic, when I try to get in a turbo cup with an n/a car it says something like "this is for n/a cars only" and vice-versa for the n/a cup :odd: Not troubling... just confusing at first

by box i mean the thingy that the disk comes in :). I also thought it was a version thing, but i have got the british version cos i got kph and kgs in my game version :confused:

by box i mean the thingy that the disk comes in

...ok ok... (hides face)
Humm.. haven´t seen the gt2´s box in awhile but I´m almost positive you´re refering to a renault megane that gets those colors after race modifications.

Latest Posts

Back