Post any oddities you've noticed in GT 2

• Thread starter cerbera
  • 934 comments
Originally posted by risingson77
Well, since that's a timed race the result is not all that odd.

well i was typing in a hurry and forgot to say that the lap number was like this

1/99 (in the first lap)

that means you have to complete 99 laps to finish and that's what makes it odd.

Why assign a time limit then? I think you're just supposed to run as many laps as you can in the prescribed time.

you are right, but they shouldn't have put a lap limit.

did any one here did 99+ laps in less than 2 hours ( just to see if it is realy a limit, or just a glitch).

In the Japanese version of GT2 the 'Viper festival of speed' is called the 'Viper festibal of speed'. I wonder if a festibal is so much more exiting than a fesivial that the organisers got so worked up and misspelled festival. Or it just could be dodgy Japanese English.

I'll shut up now.

You just spelled organizers with two ss.
Since we can obviously attribute that to your Anglo-ness, I'm betting on the Japanese just not knowing the difference. Although, the B is right next to the V on this keyboard...

Ive noticed this in particular with the '67 vette and charger. In the garage both these cars have huge, good looking wheels. Put a mod in the vette, it has humungous wheels. But take them to a track, and the wheels are mini style - with huge spaces between wheel and fender. Makes em looks horrid.

Talentless: How fast?

I remember having serious problems catching up with those on a manufacturers race with a modded late 90s micra, I'm talking about the 80's 1.0t.. But exactly how fast they were I have no idea, I just remeber I got surprised.

Did that...what am I missing?
Hmmm, depends on the version perhaps? The car's title changed from 3000GT to GTO...sweet.

Here's a pic. It's a '95 3000GT with a race mod.

Attachments

• gto-95.jpg
    gto-95.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 326
Ah yes, that happens with MOST of the AWD's, the differential in the center is 100% LSD.

I was hoping you could customize the limited-slipness in GT3, but nope, not this time...

Also, don't forget that you can't roll any cars. I tried, believe me. THey hit like 60 degrees over and stop rolling, like they got training wheels or something...

Originally posted by milefile
I fail to see what fun there would be in drag racing in a video game.

just to see how insanely fast you could get your cars going by playing with suspension, transmission, tires...
Hell, I'd have loved drag racing.

Hey All,

How about this little tweak:

There's no stationary engine sound in GT2. When you stand still there's nothing.....

Did anyone notice this before?

Bram

The description of the Skyline 280MR tells you it's rear-wheel drive, but the car is 4WD, just like most of the other Skylines.

In time trials my cars will do things that I didn't do, and wreck and be stuck,then I hit the R button to go to the next lap and it will be ok.

the most weirdest thing that happened to me was when a ford Ka(a stock one) was able to beat me in a race in Laguna seca, in my 406 hp impreza!

Originally posted by corts007
Hey All,

How about this little tweak:

There's no stationary engine sound in GT2. When you stand still there's nothing.....

Did anyone notice this before?

Bram
Ummmmm.....the 427 cobra has a deep burble at idle, which is the most awesome sound. Almost all muscle cars with a racing muffler is the same way. by the way, does anyone hate that annoying sound a Superbird makes with a racing muffler? :ill: And my contribution: Check out the Suzuki Cappuchino in the Suzuki used lot. The name is spelled two different ways and the last line in the bio says,"front drive, rear engine car." Is that possible? :confused:

Back