Post pics of your car in snow!

• Thread starter fitftw
  • 245 comments
This time last week:

6858177611_95ae81f0c2_z.jpg

I couldn't get off the driveway. :lol:

The driveway isn't flat, there's a slope up to it just behind the car that you can't see because of all the white. The snow on the road was about 6-7 inches deep so I couldn't reverse off the drive without the back end getting stuck. ;)

Were British, bit of snow and we like to make a fuss :P

Not me, I love it! :D

Last edited:
Europlates on an American car.

/facepalm

:rolleyes:

The plate matches to one from the Saarlouis, Germany, because the Focus is also built there as well. I like it, therefore I put it on my car. If you take over my payments I'll do whatever you want me to do with it.

I'm not hating, but is that legal?? If I put a German licenseplate on my car I will get a ticket from the cop..

Carlos
I'm not hating, but is that legal?? If I put a German licenseplate on my car I will get a ticket from the cop..

There's some provinces in Canada and US states where you only need to have a rear license plate, so putting a fake plate on the front is legal. I would assume Michigan is one of these states.

There's some provinces in Canada and US states where you only need to have a rear license plate, so putting a fake plate on the front is legal. I would assume Michigan is one of these states.

I've seen Euro style plates on the fronts of cars here in Texas even though the state requires a front and back plate. Cops don't really care about it in experience. Of course that doesn't mean they won't pull you over. I talked to a guy the other week with a euro pate on the front of his Audi S4. He said he's had it on there for 2 years, but has only been pulled over once for it. And it wasn't even that big a ticket.

I've seen Euro style plates on the fronts of cars here in Texas even though the state requires a front and back plate. Cops don't really care about it in experience. Of course that doesn't mean they won't pull you over. I talked to a guy the other week with a euro pate on the front of his Audi S4. He said he's had it on there for 2 years, but has only been pulled over once for it. And it wasn't even that big a ticket.
The worst thing about it is that it either
A) Is used as grounds to pull you over so you can be searched for anything else.
B) It's an extra fine for the reason you were originally pulled over for.

It's a very rarely ever issued ticket for the misdemeanor alone (again, unless you were pulled over for something else & that was dismissed as a warning). But, it's also very easy to get out of afterwards; replace the front plate & have it dismissed as a fix-it ticket which is around $10 in Tx.

In Michigan we aren't required to have front plates. You can put whatever you want on the front of your car as long as it isn't something to make it look like an emergency vehicle (unless it is).

I thought this was all about my plate at first. You'd be surprised how many cars in Michigan have European plates on the front. I even saw a Hawk Eye STi with euro plates today. And our Saab has Swedish plates, and we're not even Swedish!

Connecticut requires a valid front license plate, which I can't stand. I'd like to have no front plate at all, but I had a European plate on the front of my car for a while anyways. I took it off after inevitably getting a ticket for it.

Anyways some (old) pics of it in the snow. I never got a chance to do a proper shoot with my car in the snow, since some moron rammed into it and totaled it. :(

It's under there somewhere.
0113111215.jpg

Took almost 2 hours to get it out.
0113111328.jpg

^ That poor thing!

Good thing you kept the windscreen wipers up. :)
Seriously, sorry to hear it got totalled. That sucks man.

This was taken at the beginning of the month on my mum's phone. I was away on army camp and feeling homesick, so my good ol' mum decided to do this to my Bruiser to try and cheer me up lol. I've wanted to do it for a long time but never got round to it.

SnowyBruiser.png

So I was in Charlevoix, MI over the weekend (northwest MI on the Lower Peninsula) and they got a pretty legendary snow storm Friday night. The expected was 15-20" with a rate of 2" per hour and 40mph winds, it was a blizzard for sure. I think by Saturday afternoon the total the news was giving was 16". Any way I thought some pictures were in order. Oh and I was simply amazed how fast they cleared the roads.

Saturday Morning
IMG_1759.jpg

Saturday Afternoon, on Lake Michigan too.
IMG_1762.jpg

This morning, I was amazed how much ice has built up on the car. The wheel well was actually frozen to the tire at one point.
IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

This is the first proper snow storm the Focus has been in and the winter tires worked awesome. I was passing big trucks and SUV's like it was nothing :lol:.

I experienced my first west side snow storm today. I would have taken pictures out of the garage but it's 7 with windchill of -15 so being outside wasn't doing it for me :lol:

IMG_0362-1.jpg

IMG_0364-1.jpg

I always love it when hatchbacks get the snow caked on the back like that.

Back