• Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
nice.
As above has mentioned. Get the screen lower and just in front of the wheel.

You'd be amazed at the difference it makes to the experience and your lap times.
You want the horizon on the screen to be level with your eyes or there abouts. As it is its well above head height.
thanks for shareing

I've had it closer before, distance seems ok, but height could be lower. The problem was I couldn't mount the tv lower due to metal over the wood studs and unable to drill through it.

My solution once it warms up outside is to build a 6 inch high platform to lift the rig. This will also help with getting in and out of the rig as it sits about 6 or 7 inches off the ground currently.

Thanks!

I've had it closer before, distance seems ok, but height could be lower. The problem was I couldn't mount the tv lower due to metal over the wood studs and unable to drill through it.

My solution once it warms up outside is to build a 6 inch high platform to lift the rig. This will also help with getting in and out of the rig as it sits about 6 or 7 inches off the ground currently.

Thanks!

Metal over the Studs would be protection plates for wires and such, You could try going even lower.

I kinda wanted to lift the rig anyways, to make it easier to get in and out of, the seat is super low to the ground, and I ain't exactly limber. It'll work out soon enough.

A bit late to the party but here are a few pics of my PS4/XBONE set up.

image.jpeg

Thrustmaster TX mounted on a WheelStandPro.

image.jpeg

Logitech G29 hard mounted on a Next Level Racing wheels stand. This stand is remarkably stable but very heavy.
image.jpeg

The two wheels discreetly stored away under the stairs after a day on the track.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks this looks abit off?

Looks great but for whatever reason, the picture makes it look like a miniature inside of a dollhouse.

Thanks for the bump. I created another thread. :)

I'll have some new footage soon. Trying to work on something big, in conversation now with their tech guy. Stay tuned.

Reviving this thread to show off my homemade cockpit I finished today, using scrap wood I had lying around. The only thing left to do is cable management and start cleaning. Don't mind the mess.

I'm going to use the Logitech Attack joystick as a handbrake. :sly:

DSCN4764.JPG

DSCN4765.JPG

DSCN4766.JPG

Back