Praiano's GT Sport Garage

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 762 comments
Now with a tamed rear end but still very agressive car. Beware with brakes during weight transfer . Very fast N400 , a little slower than F40 but a better grip.

[/QUOTE Thanks for the tune. Love the car , every thing is good except my rear end is in drift mode (lol) I really love this car I use only the D4. if that helps .I really like some suggestions . thank you again

You're welcome. The stock version is a bit too free in my opinion , even if the car is mostly described as a free rear end car that need a very energic steering to be controled.
I've let only the amount i've judged right for the car be fast and fun. Perhaps i'm totally wrong , because i don't know the real car at all , no idea about it , but this kind of video on youtube can help .

even the top speed setting that set automatically the gears ratios is very good.

Hi @praiano63 , I have a quick question. In the past you've suggested that the stock gearboxes in GTS are pretty good. So lets assume that I am using a stock gearbox and I just want to customise the top speed for a certain track. Lets assume I want to make the top speed higher.

It seems to me that there are two ways to achieve this:

1. Change the "top speed" setting (second screenshot)

or

2. Move "Final Gear" to the left (third screenshot)

Both methods result in a 6th gear speed of 262. Can you explain the difference between these two methods? I think they cause a lot of confusion for people like me. They both appear to do a similar thing but I think there must be a difference and a reason for when you would choose to do option (1) and when you would choose to do option (2)

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

IMG_3906.JPG
IMG_3907.JPG
IMG_3908.JPG

Hi @praiano63 , I have a quick question. In the past you've suggested that the stock gearboxes in GTS are pretty good. So lets assume that I am using a stock gearbox and I just want to customise the top speed for a certain track. Lets assume I want to make the top speed higher.

It seems to me that there are two ways to achieve this:

1. Change the "top speed" setting (second screenshot)

or

2. Move "Final Gear" to the left (third screenshot)

Both methods result in a 6th gear speed of 262. Can you explain the difference between these two methods? I think they cause a lot of confusion for people like me. They both appear to do a similar thing but I think there must be a difference and a reason for when you would choose to do option (1) and when you would choose to do option (2)

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

View attachment 794922 View attachment 794925 View attachment 794926
I've said that stock RACING gearboxes are very good , like GR1/2/3/4 race cars gearboxes . You can't set any parameter of a stock racing gearbox. If the range of speed needed for the track is ok , they are very performant.

When you instal a custom one , the game give you the option to set with the help of the top speed slider , a range of speed suitable for the track where you want to use the car.

After this the final gear will help you to fine tune this presetted gearbox to a given range of speed , moving all the gears together , staying with the same initial pattern.

Let's say that a 200kmh preset top speed give you very close gears between 1st and last gear and a 300kmh preset top speed will give you more spaced gears between 1st and last gear.
Knowing this behavior and knowing also that the final gear setting don't mess with the gears range , you can have a close gear ratio configuration that can reach a higher speed.

Sorry but i can't be more clear in english .

Thanks Praiano! I think I understand! Your English is fantastic. A hell of a lot better than my Portugese, Spanish or French! Or German - and I'm trying to learn that one for real!

Thanks Praiano! I think I understand! Your English is fantastic. A hell of a lot better than my Portugese, Spanish or French! Or German - and I'm trying to learn that one for real!
Adjusting 6th (or the last gear available, some cars have a 7 or 8 speed transmission) will effect only that gear. Decreasing the number of teeth on this gear will increase the max speed in that gear, but will lower the torque available. The other thing that moving this last gear will do, if you leave 5th alone, and make 6th “longer” (ie has less teeth, more speed, less torque), you will increase the RPM drop when you shift up from 5th to 6th. If this RPM drop gets too big, shifting from 5th to 6th will cause the motor to drop out of the “power band”, and will greatly decrease your acceleration and speed.

Adjusting the Final Gear will have an effect every single gear in the transmission. If you decrease the number of teeth in the final gear (think of bicycle gears, high speed gears are large ring in the front, smaller and smaller rings in the back for more speed, but less torque), you will increase the max speed of EVERY GEAR in the transmission. However, adjusting the Final Gear will not have an effect (or very very minimal effect) on RPM drop when shifting up.

So, in summary:

- adjusting a specific gear changes the speed of only that gear, and changes the corresponding RPM when shifting to and out of the gear in question.

- adjusting the final drive changes the speed of every gear in the transmission, but has no effect on the RPM drop between gear when shifting up.

For people new to tuning, and new to tuning transmissions, it’s probably easier to start by setting each individual gear so they’re just evenly spaced (which is basically the default setting of any customizable transmission) and then use the Final Gear to adjust for a specific track. Getting into adjusting individual gears can be a very time consuming and tail chasing process that can yield little to no results if you don’t go about it the right way. Start by learning how the Final Gear changes acceleration and top speed based on how it’s set, then get into adjusting individual gears.

Is there a trans flip on this? I can't get the gearbox numbers close....
I don't remember because i've begun this tune and the gearbox a couple of monthes ago before the update. I wasn't satisfied at all with the chassis till now and i've just found a vain yesterday to let the car the way i wanted.
You can try to match the speed if not the ratios, or any setting that will fit to the track you want.... but like we have discussed before , it will not make any big difference.

Please Mr Kazunori Yamauchi.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/lancia/stratos-concept
This Stratos’s playful agility is a satisfyingly dominant characteristic, at least on the Paul Ricard circuit where we got to try it. It turns in with high-precision zeal, the body instantly following your steering inputs, the throttle prompting equally sharp response from the V8 motor behind you.

Within a couple of laps the tight corners uncover a car that can be steered with the throttle and flung about with the abandon of an original, forest-rampaging rally Stratos as owner Stoschek, who slides its tail with some panache, demonstrates.

He reckons there’s too much understeer in the tight turns here, but reckons that can be dialled out with set-up changes. Because it will not be sold to the mainstream public, the Stratos has been set up to be more reactive – but it’ll be less forgiving if you get it wrong.

lancia-stratos-2018.jpg

vto2emtwon098tppuwc1.jpg

new-lancia-stratos-comes-back-to-life-as-limited-edition-supercar-123398-7.jpg

2010-lancia-stratos-concept-15.jpg

Is the Gr3 Nissan GTR still a good tune? It's from December 2017.
I don't think so , can be optimized for sure now, some cars suffer more than others. I'll do some update few by few. All my tunes posted after 1.32 update have the 1.32 note on the link at the end of the link, 1st post of my garage thread.

I don't think so , can be optimized for sure now, some cars suffer more than others. I'll do some update few by few. All my tunes posted after 1.32 update have the 1.32 note on the link at the end of the link, 1st post of my garage thread.
It's ok I tuned it myself.

Back