PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,564 comments
:lol: Not my kind of "idéal féminin" for sure , I'm a fan of Naomi Campbel since ever.
On another side , if a friend of mine can compare a girl to a car , i would advise him to buy a pair of glass or consult a psychoanalyst ... or both !!
If PD is not able to fix this bad physic behaviors , i think they have to shut down the ride height visual both end. Kepping only the original aspect for any RH settings.
Well, he uses glasses and it's now single:lol:... I wonder why... And my taste in women is closer to yours,in my caseyour fellow Brazilian Adriana Lima is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.
Back to GT7, you're completely right, several cars look like hydropneumatic Citroëns at the highest suspension position

Just in case it is not clear about what "short shifting"is, it means that you shift earlier than at the red line on the tachometer. If you look at the spec sheet on the car, it gives horsepower and the RPM at which that horsepower is achieved. The next line under the horsepower is the maximum torque and the RPM for that value. It works well to shift somewhere around the max torque value if possible. That way you still get good acceleration but save fuel.
Hope this helps, Pete
Thank you for that explanation. I understand the principle better now. And some of the details.

And if I go back to the specific example, the Audi TT and the @praiano63 tune that is so excellent for the car handling wise.

Then for the automatic transmission, this may as mentioned in earlier comments already have been considered?

Just in case it is not clear about what "short shifting"is, it means that you shift earlier than at the red line on the tachometer. If you look at the spec sheet on the car, it gives horsepower and the RPM at which that horsepower is achieved. The next line under the horsepower is the maximum torque and the RPM for that value. It works well to shift somewhere around the max torque value if possible. That way you still get good acceleration but save fuel.
Hope this helps, Pete
I will test and try to learn to do some modifications on my own to save some more fuel. For a couple of cars where the tunes available are a bit on the edge regarding making the required number of laps before fuel stop.

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around

Extremely fast anywhere. Top 1 lap at Suzuka , a combination of grip , power & speed.Very performant on this kind of track.

View attachment 1150494View attachment 1150495

To build the manual fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 250 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 3.115 for SPA or similar
For any other faster or slower track , set the final gear the way you want. You'll need after to add or take out some power with the help ECU limiter. Messing with the gearbox change your PP .

View attachment 1150496View attachment 1150497

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
How is this one fule consumption wise? Can you get 3 laps on LeMans?

I was not asking a question! It was a little hint/suggestion that maybe it would be a fun swap setup for you to tune! ;)
I already have a good setting for the swap engine. I can't see what i can do to turn this car a better car. For me it's ok.
No idea. I don't drive this event anymore. I prefer a lot Tokyo to make some credits. If you test it , tell us please.

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB11 '16 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track / Gears for Le Mans.

Wide Car
Rims 20"
Rims With Wide - Offset Wide
Front B - Side A - Wing Custom

For Le Mans , you can do the first 3 laps at gas 3 to 4 and lap 4:08 . For the next 4 laps for 1 stop only , You have to use Gas at 6 and shift at 6000 RPM, The excedent can be burn during last lap 7.
Very good at Nordschleife too . Top car for any conditions or fast track or turny grippy circuit.

View attachment 1157439View attachment 1157440

Gearbox
Top speed 370 kmh
Final gear at 2.703 for Nordschleife or Le Mans. Adapt for any other track using final gear.
Set each gear.

View attachment 1157441View attachment 1157442

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
On this one, look at 1st gear. The lowest I could set that was to 3.266.
In this tune it looks to have been able to set that lower, to 2.745. Am I doing something wrong here?

I already have a good setting for the swap engine. I can't see what i can do to turn this car a better car. For me it's ok.
Do you mean I should just use your original BMW M3 '03 setting and drop in the new engine? No changes necessary to the car setup?

Or have I miunderstood you?

In this tune it looks to have been able to set that lower, to 2.745. Am I doing something wrong here?
Try to match each speed for each gear with this same method.

Set final gear at max 5.000
Set top speed (Auto) to minimum 250kmh
Set final gear again to reach the range you want 2.280 in this case
Set each gear to match speed of each gear (Like showed on the picture)

EDIT:
FXkZjY1XkAEO-rC.jpg

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB11 '16 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track / Gears for Le Mans.

Wide Car
Rims 20"

For Le Mans , you can do the first 3 laps at gas 3 to 4 and lap 4:08 . For the next 4 laps for 1 stop only , You have to use Gas at 6 and shift at 6000 RPM, The excedent can be burn during last lap 7.
Very good at Nordschleife too . Top car for any conditions or fast track or turny grippy circuit.

Gearbox
Top speed 370 kmh
Final gear at 2.703 for Nordschleife or Le Mans. Adapt for any other track using final gear.
Set each gear.

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
In this tune it looks to have been able to set that lower

Wide Car
Rims 20"

Gearbox
Top speed 370 kmh
Set each gear.

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
From Mr Praiano: "No idea. I don't drive this event anymore. I prefer a lot Tokyo to make some credits. If you test it , tell us please."

I have tested. With FM6.
And using the automatic transmission (no manual and short shifting)

On the first laps, with a little bit of attack.
Can not get 3 laps.
Fuel stop after 2.

When the rain comes in the middle of the race.
You can get 3 laps, if you are a little bit careful.

At the end, back to being dry, and RH tyres.
If you drive with attack, I do not think you can get 3 laps.
With lift and coast, and driving a bit slow at the end, you can just about get 3 laps.

So you can run this with 2 fuel stops.
But it is not a fun drive.

Last edited:
Radical SR3 SL'13 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - 1.40

Just one tip for this car , just don't downshift high RPM entering a turn , fast , medium or slow speed. The amount of torque is big on this light car and can provoque a lost of grip of the rear end. Nothing dramatic but you'll lose speed , or spin if you give too wheel angle at the same time. A wonderfull toy all around any track.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231118183723.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231118183731.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231118183739.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231118183747.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Do you mean I should just use your original BMW M3 '03 setting and drop in the new engine? No changes necessary to the car setup?

Or have I miunderstood you?
I did exactly that. Dropped in the Z4 Gr3 engine. Added a wide body. Went to showcase for a livery which will include wide wheels.
Over 200mph down to the 1st chicane on Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans.
Max rear downforce.. A little tail happy, but controllable. Fuel Map 6 will get you over 3 laps & cure the tail slide.
It's a beast. I love it

Edit: you could add ballast but that would ruin the 50/50 weight balance
20969959305742222.jpg

Last edited:
I did exactly that. Dropped in the Z4 Gr3 engine. Added a wide body. Went to showcase for a livery which will include wide wheels.
Over 200mph down to the 1st chicane on Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans.
Max rear downforce.. A little tail happy, but controllable. Fuel Map 6 will get you over 3 laps & cure the tail slide.
It's a beast. I love it

Edit: you could add ballast but that would ruin the 50/50 weight balance
View attachment 1172236
For the 700 LeMans race, I was able to squeeze in the Cheramic Brakes as well.

Did you also change the gearbox to achieve that top speed?

For the 700 LeMans race, I was able to squeeze in the Cheramic Brakes as well.

Did you also change the gearbox to achieve that top speed?
No, don't seem to remember doing that.
I was amazed when I saw it. I think I'd done about 3 laps when I looked at the speedo as I braked & it had just hit 202mph as I braked. I thought wtf 😂Think I dropped in the full transmission tho. & suspension but didn't touch any settings. Racing hard tyres too.

Edit: could have gone faster but for the chicane.

Last edited:
Radical SR3 SL'13 - MAXED - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks
((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Deliciously good fun. It is really enjoyable at Sarthe and capable of lap times of a lot of my better road cars and with brilliant fuel economy and grip. I'll use it as a change-of-pace car or maybe for when I just want a really easy win.

3AD80E58-0258-4DC5-A53A-9643B812166A.jpeg

Ford Mark IV '67 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Le Mans rain event

((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
It will turn 4:10’s without a doubt, took me about 3 laps to get comfortable and then my mind wandered on L7 and I paid for it. Best lap was a 4:15.6, I suspect that should be closer to an average lap. Dray race, very little condensation. Great tune overall, driver needs some work, lol.

Ford Mark IV '67 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Le Mans rain event

The car cruze 4:12 on racing Hard at MF6 , 4:45 with inter with heavy rain

View attachment 1172327View attachment 1172328View attachment 1172329View attachment 1172330View attachment 1172331View attachment 1172332

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I have been waiting for this one! Have been testing a couple of other tunes available out there, and not really liked them. This one is more complete for this purpose.

It is not the best car in general. But still nice to drive, and with the nostalgy, a fav of mine!! :-)

Nissan R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nurb '02 - 600 PP - Sport tires - All around

This car can do anything you want, It's very reactive. Up to you to play with all the inputs for the car obey . When enter a corner , dose your brake printing your line with your front wheel till the apex. In this zone just before , you can downshift to reach a higher RPM if needed , the car will surprise you with an rare eagerness for a 4WD.
During apex , don't hesitate to put more angle to your wheel . There is a life after this angle now , one more good surprise.
Out of the corner , it's so easy to take an agressive line with a light power slide that you will feel like the stig.
With sport hard , you need finesse and refine yours inputs.
Under sport medium , the car is already well agressive and safe.
Soft tires , you can give everything you want , there is no limits for yours skills.
Any track , slow , fast , turny or not.... Just fun.

View attachment 1125666View attachment 1125667View attachment 1125668

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I am curious if this tune would work with RH tyres, and to be used on LeMans 700? Anyone know?

I believe I will test.

Thank you for that explanation. I understand the principle better now. And some of the details.

And if I go back to the specific example, the Audi TT and the @praiano63 tune that is so excellent for the car handling wise.

Then for the automatic transmission, this may as mentioned in earlier comments already have been considered?
If you're using automatic transmission it won't short-shift as far as I'm aware, but I could be wrong. Given this I'm sure fuel economy is lower than using a manual transmission, but you should still be okay. If you plan to stick with the game it would help to get used to manual transmission.

Also, just in case you don't know where the fuel mapping is, in the bottom right corner of the screen during a race/time trial/etc there is a little mini-display that is set to a GPS-like map showing the upcoming track by default. If you use the direction pad left or right it changes to different screens. Find the one that mentions fuel (I think it's 4 screens right, but it depends on the car, whether it has AWD/torque-vectoring, etc) and you press up/down on the D-pad to change it from 1 to 6. 1 is full fuel consumption. 6 is "lean" and uses the least amount of fuel. If the race/time-trial doesn't have fuel consumption enabled the option does not appear, just an fyi. Hope this helps.

If you're using automatic transmission it won't short-shift as far as I'm aware, but I could be wrong. Given this I'm sure fuel economy is lower than using a manual transmission, but you should still be okay. If you plan to stick with the game it would help to get used to manual transmission.

Also, just in case you don't know where the fuel mapping is, in the bottom right corner of the screen during a race/time trial/etc there is a little mini-display that is set to a GPS-like map showing the upcoming track by default. If you use the direction pad left or right it changes to different screens. Find the one that mentions fuel (I think it's 4 screens right, but it depends on the car, whether it has AWD/torque-vectoring, etc) and you press up/down on the D-pad to change it from 1 to 6. 1 is full fuel consumption. 6 is "lean" and uses the least amount of fuel. If the race/time-trial doesn't have fuel consumption enabled the option does not appear, just an fyi. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the info! Fuel management I am aware of. Regarding the manual transmission. I am maybe a bit to lazy! 😉! ...or maybe it is worth it? It gives a lot of better performance I assume?

Shelby Cobra 427 '66 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All tracks

Wide Car
Rims (Up to you) Width Wide Offset Wide
Wing Custom

I was doing another Tokyo rain setting , on sport hard , very fun and tricky , but when i was driving the car to finish on the Nordschleife , it was so fun and good to drive that i did a tune for it on medium tires. You can fight with any top 5 600PP cars around the green hell.

View attachment 1166091View attachment 1166092

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 3.035
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1166093View attachment 1166094View attachment 1166095View attachment 1166096

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Glorious ride. Such a fun drive. And one of the best cockpit views in the game. Thanks Praiano and PD!

Back