PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,886 comments
As long as you're taking requests...

Nissan 300ZX '89

I'm trying to build it into a GT / Gr.3 class race car, and threw all the essential racing parts and weight reduction into it, just shy of 600hp, and it's a handful even with a bit of TC. Been floundering through setting tweaks, and did manage to make it raceable. Even beat my Ford GT LM time on Deep Forest by half a second, though that was on racing mediums. On hards I lose two seconds or so, but it really needs some actual tuning done by someone who knows what they're doing to glue it to the road and tame it a little. With a proper tune, this would be a sweet race car.

Last edited:
A simple picture can explane much more litérature. From the very smart and clear video of doughtinator on youtube.
Doughtinator video about LSD

IMG_20220325_071519.jpg

Hi Praiano, good job on all your work on settings.

I'm trying to match the gears on the Z4, but when I set outside to 200kph, then when entering manual tuning, if I set the Final to 3.610 the 1st gear can only be lowered to 2.926/108 and your setting is on 2.778/114....
How can I match your settings?

Best regards!

jag gr3! anyone please. ive been trying to tune by watching the PP go up or down when i alter something and if its always going up am i going in right direction?
Hi Whizz, PP is not so bad when you don't really know what you're doing, but it has flaws, basically it's calculated for the best performances, maxing the PP on a car might make it not drivable for human race.

For instance as stated somwhere in this topic, if you put more weight (ballast or downforce) on the rear on a FR, MR or RR, this will increase your PP because you'll be able to accelerate faster (better grip on the traction wheels) out of the corners, but in the end the car will be uncontrollable and your actual pace will be slower.

So the best tunning is not the higher PP, but the most confident you feel about the car to accelerate turn and attack the road in correlation with your ability to keep it on the track.

I agree with you !! :lol::lol:;);) Myself i don't know to do such a thing , with sony or PD .... With a little TGT wheel , with a red ribbon knot around the top :dopey::dopey:
I've forgot ! You need to be a top driver and been selected to the regional FIA events...... Too much for my skills.

Anyway , we have reaching almost 80% of the payment for the new PS5. I have already ordered the machine. It will be delivered around day 7 of april . :)
A big Thanks you to all of you.

Yeah

Oversteer/understeer on the braking part, I always assumed this is only on deceleration. Incorrect?
I think so . It seems that differents LSD system are still working , locking the difference of rotation between wheels , even off throttle / off brake.... There is a lot of sites talking about this but it's difficult for me to read.....

I'm trying to match the gears on the Z4, but when I set outside to 200kph, then when entering manual tuning, if I set the Final to 3.610 the 1st gear can only be lowered to 2.926/108 and your setting is on 2.778/114....

Best regards!
Sorry but it's a real mess. Bugs all over GT7 parameters , mainly gearbox. Try to find to way to enter each ratios till final drive. You can to try to catch the speed , but you will not have the PP... PD have to fix this urgently. Till this , patience.;);)
Hi Whizz, PP is not so bad when you don't really know what you're doing, but it has flaws, basically it's calculated for the best performances, maxing the PP on a car might make it not drivable for human race.

For instance as stated somwhere in this topic, if you put more weight (ballast or downforce) on the rear on a FR, MR or RR, this will increase your PP because you'll be able to accelerate faster (better grip on the traction wheels) out of the corners, but in the end the car will be uncontrollable and your actual pace will be slower.

So the best tunning is not the higher PP, but the most confident you feel about the car to accelerate turn and attack the road in correlation with your ability to keep it on the track.
You're right . The PP system is very smart and could be the best way to race any car against any other.
The problem is that it involve a lot of complicate mathematics . For the moment , lot of fails and bugs. Sometime you can drop 20PP for your one clic. Or they fix everything and we will a perfect game in some years after the job is done , or they take out the math for some parameters to have a working fair Performance Point , all this for the next 1update or 2.

-Gearbox ratios have to stay out the PP
-Camber / T.O.E / suspension / Ride height have to stay out the PP too.

All the rest is very good and a lot easier to calculate. Just my 2cts.

Best regards!
put the initial value to 300 kph and the numbers will be right. That worked for me.
I saw this on some other tunes as well.

Last edited:
WRX STI Type S 2014. I am getting killed by one of these online at 550PP on SS tires. He is doing 2:09 something at trial mountain. I cant figure it out... It seems to be a great street car at that PP on SS tires. Thank you I have been using your tunes and there are all very very fast....

WRX STI Type S 2014. I am getting killed by one of these online at 550PP on SS tires. He is doing 2:09 something at trial mountain. I cant figure it out... It seems to be a great street car at that PP on SS tires. Thank you I have been using your tunes and there are all very very fast....
I'll copy this. A good challenge. Let me know every time you have any informations about dominant cars. PP/TIRES/TRACK.
My goal and real pleasure is to find any other catch to catch it.;)

Ferrari 308 GTB '75 -550PP to 700 PP - Sport and Racing tires - All around

EDIT: 25/03/2022 Done new setting .
If you find your car "to much rear end happy ", Increase the LSD INITIAL till ok. Beware this move will tight a bit your car.
This car is amazing , very performant , safe , agressive , great driving pleasure.You can use it from 550PP Sport hard tires till Racing soft tires close to 700PP. All this staying with the same behaviors .
One of the Ferrari to keep on the top of your list.
You can modulate the downforce depending your need , fast track or grip tune... For this increase or decrease the downforce value for both front and rear proportionally.

-WIDE BODY
- AERO PARTS FRONT AND REAR ADDED
View attachment 1128718View attachment 1128719View attachment 1128722

View attachment 1122716

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your dr
!!!​
New settup for this car..

A simple picture can explane much more litérature. From the very smart and clear video of doughtinator on youtube.
Doughtinator video about LSD

View attachment 1128661
Good info Praiano, pls keep these kinds of vids coming.

While I agree on his definitions, my approach is different. I start by setting the Initial first, because it is your preload setting and affects every phase of turning. Then I move to Accel and Braking to fine tune understeer/oversteer on entry/mid/exit...also Camber (both front and rear) plays a big role in rotation/traction throughout the corner, so adjusting LSD only is too simplistic if you are looking for that ultimate line & slip angle.

How do we reset to original an edited personal racing gearbox??? Or that is not possible automatically??
I'll copy this. A good challenge. Let me know every time you have any informations about dominant cars. PP/TIRES/TRACK.
My goal and real pleasure is to find any other catch to catch it.;)
The ‘15 Viper SRT GT3-R is really fast on the stock tune with the fully adjustable race suspension. I can only imagine how good it would be with your tuning. I feel like it could make number one on your fastest GR3 cars list after your magic.

I feel the same way about the Corvette C7 GR3, but the Viper is a big more manageable.

I have my cars tuned down to the 730pp races, but I don’t mess with the suspension tuning. I always make it worse.

The ‘15 Viper SRT GT3-R is really fast on the stock tune with the fully adjustable race suspension. I can only imagine how good it would be with your tuning. I feel like it could make number one on your fastest GR3 cars list after your magic.

I feel the same way about the Corvette C7 GR3, but the Viper is a big more manageable.

I have my cars tuned down to the 730pp races, but I don’t mess with the suspension tuning. I always make it worse.
I have to agree with you. The viper and corvette are pretty good cars and cant wait for his tunes. It will have magic touches :)

McLaren 650S GR4 - 630 PP - Racing Hard tires - All around (Stock Gearbox)

My top N°1 GR4 for the moment. Fantastic grip , +++ top speed , easy to drive , allow 100% attack safely . I've tried to build a gearbox without success , the stock gearbox is very performant and allow a very low PP = more power for 730PP.

View attachment 1128307View attachment 1128308

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Wow, such a pleasure to drive! Probably my favourite Gr.4 at the moment. Once again, thanks for the settings.

I have 2:09 easy with the Yaris. Even drifting allover the place. There is a BIG BUG on the brake system. Impossible to brake with wheel input . Only straight. No way to fix using settings.
IMG_20220325_141027.jpg

The 917K is simply outreageous!! A beast!
You know that you may reduce the PP to 700 (great downtune exercise) and use it on Porche cup?? It s a winner...
Hello praiano63, your tunes are truly awesome. I thinking about the most common cars in the game that people own. Other than the cars awarded in the Menu Books, it is the:
  • Toyota Supra GT500 '97 Castrol TOM’S Supra (Pre-order Bonus)
  • Mazda RX-VISION GT3 Concept (Stealth). (Pre-order Bonus)
  • Porsche 917K Living Legend (Pre-order Bonus)
  • Toyota GR Yaris RZ "high performance" '20 (Comes with the 25th Anniversary Edition)
You have already tunes the Toyota Supra & Mazda RX-VISION. Could you please tune the Porsche 917K & the Toyota GR Yaris? Especially the Yaris, it handles like crap, the back end likes to try and pass the front end. If you could work your magic. By the way, if you don't have the Yaris, it's only $45,600 & has a bunch of parts pre-installed. Thanks.

How is everyone calculating their ballast and setting it. How do you know how many kg to add?
No calculations. Just testing.
When you think that one end of the car is lazy , and even extreme settings can't help , then you can recover to ballast. Put wheight on the oposit end you feel lazy. Check the weight distribution and test.
I'm going to publish a car that i have 125 kg in the trunk.

Last edited:
Praino u gotta do the viper and corvette next pleaaasee. Those cars are amazing too. I tried the mclaren gr3 for the daily race but it didnt do good much or is it me?

Back