PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,561 comments
What is the reason people want someone else to tell them how to set up their cars? Do people think it's too hard? (It's really very easy and well explained in the manuals) Do people think it's boring and something that probably shouldn't be forced in the game, and left as an optional feature that could be turned on or off? I ask because I like it and find it very easy to dial in a car for a particular track and conditions but my wife hates it and wishes it wasn't in the game so he has me set up her cars for her. Is that the way people ask you to do their game for them?
If people ask for settings , i think there is 2 main reasons.

-People like and know how to set a car but don't want to lose time doing this , they have only a very few time to play and they prefer to drive only.
-People don't like and / or don't know how to set a car , so they look for a tune to use and have fun with it.

Personally , i prefer to set cars than racing. For me in a game in the game. I have fun with this and my cars can bring fun to peoples who don't have time or don't know how to do.
Also a lot of people are doing this very well but don't share their cars with others.

SImple , Easy.

-People like and know how to set a car but don't want to lose time doing this , they have only a very few time to play and they prefer to drive only.
-People don't like and / or don't know how to set a car , so they look for a tune to use and have fun with it.

Personally , i prefer to set cars than racing. For me in a game in the game. I have fun with this and my cars can bring fun to peoples who don't have time or don't know how to do.
Also a lot of people are doing this very well but don't share their cars with others.

SImple , Easy.
Also for learning. Studying the good tunes of others has helped me tune cars they haven't posted tunes for. :cheers:

Also for learning. Studying the good tunes of others has helped me tune cars they haven't posted tunes for. :cheers:
Pretty much this, yeah. I'm a total newb at tuning, but I've been trying my hand at it with GT7. The only reason I asked about the Superbird is because I tried to apply what I learned myself by studying praiano's tunes, but I just couldn't come up with a working configuration. Seeing how the master does it though, I'll know better how to deal with cars like this in the future =P

Last edited:
Pretty much this, yeah. I'm a total newb at tuning, but I've been trying my hand at it with GT7. The only reason I asked about the Superbird is because I tried to apply what I learned myself by studying praiano's tunes, but I just couldn't come up with a working configuration. Seeing how the master does it though, I'll know better how to deal with cars like this in the future =P
I've found it , it's the other market .... precious things...
I did a setting a few minutes ago. Going to post now.

Plymouth Superbird '70 - 550PP - Sport Hard or Medium Tires - All Around setting
Wide body.

Rims size 18" , up to you , or 15" i think (Original) - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A

I did a grip tune with medium tires , very fun at Laguna seca or any turny track . The car need more power for oval and BMB , then you can with Sport hard , increasing power instead.
The car is fun to drive but still not 100% safe out corner. It's a lot better than original. Just wait to be a bit inline to full gas.
Didn't set any gearbox , only the way it come , you can use the original gearbox on slow track.

p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Plymouth Superbird '70 - 550PP - Sport Hard or Medium Tires - All Around setting
I did a grip tune with medium tires , very fun at Laguna seca or any turny track . The car need more power for oval and BMB , then you can with Sport hard , increasing power instead.
The car is fun to drive but still not 100% safe out corner. It's a lot better than original. Just wait to be a bit inline to full gas.
Didn't set any gearbox , only the way it come , you can use the original gearbox on slow track.

View attachment 1145747View attachment 1145748View attachment 1145750

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

It's way more stable than I ever managed to get it, but seems it'll still require an adapted driving style from me to keep it where it needs to be. Should be easier to manage now than before, though. Thanks for the tune!

Great work on your tunes!!!
my G29,, and GTElite foldable cockpit Will be here this weekend!!!! Can't wait to use your tunes from the start!!! (My first rig) got a couple of requests...?
How about Ferrari F430 PP550-600, maybe Enzo PP 700-800?
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR TIME/HELP!!!!
Making GT7 So much more fun!!!!

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Is this your livery? Its beautiful.

question all of those 730pp on Gr. 3 and 630pp on Gr.4 car are those can tune up for 700/800pp event? or it have to be 630pp/730pp to drive well

Last edited:
This is not a tune , but i went to Tokyo making some money tonight ,
Lamborghini Muerciélago LP640 '09 // Sport medium tires // Power limiter // Brake balance controler (optional) at -3 That's all.
This car this way lap 2:11 regular with 2 laps 2:10 Excelent to drive , 2 battles with GTR and NSX , lot of fun.

View attachment 1145193
Hi Praiano love all your great work thanks! Can you tell me with this Lambo what strategy did you use? Fuel map 1 then pit for fuel and tires at the end of lap 6? I only started trying the race yesterday and stuggled bad with it. I cant lap near your 2:11 but could do 2:18 with fuel map 3 but never caught anyone!

I did it with fuel map 1 changing tyres once at lap 6 and won easily. Prainos Ferrari Berlinetta F12 also makes a great race but is slightly slower again than the Lambo, but Rear wheel drive so all the better

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Fun to drive in the Laguna Seca corkscrew. Strip “El Rey” Weathers in film “Cars”. Thanks again, Praiano!!!

Hi Praiano love all your great work thanks! Can you tell me with this Lambo what strategy did you use? Fuel map 1 then pit for fuel and tires at the end of lap 6? I only started trying the race yesterday and stuggled bad with it. I cant lap near your 2:11 but could do 2:18 with fuel map 3 but never caught anyone!
That Tokyo race kills me. I rely on the bloody walls to bounce me back on track. Not penalise me 5 seconds every time I give them a love tap!!

question all of those 730pp on Gr. 3 and 630pp on Gr.4 car are those can tune up for 700/800pp event? or it have to be 630pp/730pp to drive well
It can work , but perhaps need some adjustment. Only testing. Normally above 50PP above or down transform a lot the behaviors of the car.
Fuel map 1 then pit for fuel and tires at the end of lap 6.
For a safe race , you can follow the pace during the turns. During the straight it's easy to pass , less the NSX and GTR that are just a few faster. But they pit 2 time during the race so if you don't pass them , no worry.
The lambo have a very good front grip , it's also to overtake during the curves. But you need some practice and some few skills for this. This is the most fun part of the race.
So practice practice practice and fun.... making a good money. It's a way to do. You can light the braking zone too , it's a lot easier to learn to brake and avoid contact with walls.

Yes , i have to add this. Thank you.
Congratulation to @Mister_Stringer_ , very nice livery. I find this original car horrible . I love it with the livery. Nice job.
I was planning on trying to create my own version of this livery..... after downloading it onto the car, I'm not even going to try.

It's perfect. I could only do a poor imitation.

Taking it out to the track now.

I was planning on trying to create my own version of this livery..... after downloading it onto the car, I'm not even going to try.

It's perfect. I could only do a poor imitation.

Taking it out to the track now.
I've corrected the sheet.

Wide body.

Rims size 18" , up to you , or 15" i think (Original) - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A

What is the reason people want someone else to tell them how to set up their cars? Do people think it's too hard? (It's really very easy and well explained in the manuals) Do people think it's boring and something that probably shouldn't be forced in the game, and left as an optional feature that could be turned on or off? I ask because I like it and find it very easy to dial in a car for a particular track and conditions but my wife hates it and wishes it wasn't in the game so he has me set up her cars for her. Is that the way people ask you to do their game for them?
TOO BAD FOR YOU

I'm back in the game. With the help of all my generous donators i was able pay 70% of a new TV , i 've bought a wonderfull toshiba 50" 4K TV (cat proof) :dopey::dopey: a perfect image quality , amazing quality.

Thanks a lot for everybody.

View attachment 1145634
how can u make it cat proof :lol:, did u tape it? i have a cat (siamese as well), they knock down stuffs but never someone expensive:D

Last edited:
Any chance of a Automatic gearbox set up please 400pp etc for Kei car endurance race. As I can't drive manual at all. I did try just couldn't change gear at the right time. Prefer Automatic to manual. Thank you it advance
Sorry for you and all auto trans in the game.
I've tested the high RPM turbo that bring max power to 7200 RPM , but it's not enough. The auto trans is shifting at 9400 RPM.
Because of this you stay in a low power band. Losing more or less 30% of the power .
No other way ....;)

how can u make it cat proof :lol:, did u tape it? i have a cat (siamese as well), they knock down stuffs but never someone expensive:D
Not yet but i'll fix it on the hard wood of the trunk soon. The TV is against the wall , the cat can go behind. Also i've let an open window for it when she was go out at night. She's say it was ok !!
Also i buy the 50% of the food she eat .:cheers: She hunt the rest . Deal !

Jaguar E-Type Coupé '61 - 550PP - Sport Medium tires & Sport Soft Tires - All around
Unfornately the car don't work without rear wing and they didn't have any smaller or in the shape of this peace of art. I've tried all the ways , ballast , put the front in the sky..... No way. But the car work very good like this and very competitive. Nice drivable pilot seat view.

Rims size 15" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Wing A (low profile)

1- set auto speed at the minimum 180kmh
2-set the final gear to approximate the top speed you need in last gear for given track or 2,189 for Nordschleife in this picture.
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.
View attachment 1138720View attachment 1138721

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Used this as a base for the Alsace Human Comedy mission. Won first attempt. 👍🏻

Correct! I am #2.
In theory I would like to learn to do it myself (I did all my own car repairs when I was a teenager) but I don't have enough spare time and if I have the choice between driving and tuning, then I much prefer driving. I am aware that I am missing out on a large area of fun in the game and I'm ok with that. There's lots of things I miss out on, that I would like to do more but at the end of the day we all have only 24 hours in a day and we need to prioritise what we enjoy most.

Back