Pre Order confusion....

• Thread starter mrclep
  • 335 comments
I have the EB 15th Anniversary preordered. So the 15th anniversary cars included are just modified versions of cars already in the game, with decals? If so, I'll cancel my preorder and wait to get it cheaper somewhere else.

I've never been able to stand liveries. Like just clean, plain paint. Wouldn't put them on my car in real life, don't want to see them in a game.

the latest weekly rewind says it will be 15gb on psn?it will be awesome if GT6 doesnt (excuse me) rape my hdd the way 5 did, 15gbs is fine....is the 15th aniversary edition going to be available digitally as well?

sorry for crappy english, im from south america
Based on what I have read, yes it will be. However I am yet to find a way to preorder the digital download version from the US PSN store. Am I missing something? because I only see preorders being made specifically for the EU PSN store. Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Hello,

...My best guess is maybe the info on the Canada website is not up to date, but I`m not sure. I want the correct pre-order with the 25 blue cars, but since Ebgames.ca does not display that, I think I should order from US, but then I`ll have to pay shipping and it`s like $20 extra. I`m not sure what to do, I really want the Anniversary Edition. Could someone please let me know what I should do? If I should order from US or Canada? Maybe I`ll just go in-store and ask them? Thank you! :)

I am pretty sure that EBGames' website is not up to date. Also, I did some research: EVERY participating retailer which is giving a bonus WILL be giving AT LEAST the precision pack. The precision pack is standard in all pre-order bonuses. If any packs, such as the Torque Pack, is being given away, that is part of the store's own exclusive bonus. Check the GT website.

Meaning, we'll at least get the precision pack by pre-ordering from EBGames. Hooray!

Based on Famine's article clarifying things, I cancelled my pre-order at JB Hi-Fi (placed way back in August before anyone knew what editions were out there), and placed a preorder for the Anniversary Edition at EB Games. As someone who bought the Signature edition of GT5 (large metal box, book, wallets, USB, 1:43 model car etc), to see that the best edition available for everyone outside Asia is the Anniversary Edition, is very disappointing. I was hoping for something a little more luxurious than a steelbox and some DLC vouchers to get special liveried blue cars, but if that is the best that's being offered, so be it.

Also, paying AUD$115 for it (USD$105) is pretty galling. I imagine if our US colleagues were asked to pay $105 for the Anniversary edition, there'd be a riot.....

Anyway, thanks Famine for clarifying the issue for me. It helped me identify which edition and which retailer in Australia I had to go to.

Based on Famine's article clarifying things, I cancelled my pre-order at JB Hi-Fi (placed way back in August before anyone knew what editions were out there), and placed a preorder for the Anniversary Edition at EB Games. As someone who bought the Signature edition of GT5 (large metal box, book, wallets, USB, 1:43 model car etc), to see that the best edition available for everyone outside Asia is the Anniversary Edition, is very disappointing. I was hoping for something a little more luxurious than a steelbox and some DLC vouchers to get special liveried blue cars, but if that is the best that's being offered, so be it.

Also, paying AUD$115 for it (USD$105) is pretty galling. I imagine if our US colleagues were asked to pay $105 for the Anniversary edition, there'd be a riot.....

Anyway, thanks Famine for clarifying the issue for me. It helped me identify which edition and which retailer in Australia I had to go to.

So the JB pre-order is just for the base version? Because they have to listed..."santa" has placed an order to GT6 and JB-HI gave her no info nor price...

I'm in the UK, so if i order the anniversary edition from Game i get all of the 5 extra car packs (25 cars) ? also i did just read on the Gran Turismo site about a limited edition version with car shaped 8gb usb and a windbreaker coat, will that be available in the UK like the old collectors editions?

I'm in the UK, so if i order the anniversary edition from Game i get all of the 5 extra car packs (25 cars) ? also i did just read on the Gran Turismo site about a limited edition version with car shaped 8gb usb and a windbreaker coat, will that be available in the UK like the old collectors editions?

Firstly, yes you'll get 25 cars, paints, suit and 1million credits like everyone else who ordered the AE from GAME.

And the collector's editions with extra goodies seem to only be available in Asia.

I am sitting here and contemplating whether or not to buy the Anniversary Edition of the game. As I live in Sweden I will receive a European code for the DLC but since I have a US account that I use for playing all my games I was wondering whether or not the DLC will be available for all accounts on the PS3 (if I was to activate the DLC on my brothers ordinary EU account)?

Alright I have a dumb question. the preorder car packs of 5/25 cars. Will these cars get added to our garage or will we still have to buy them with in game credits?

Cheers for that, do you think a collectors edition will come available in the UK or would it be better to pre order the anniversary edition?

Alright I have a dumb question. the preorder car packs of 5/25 cars. Will these cars get added to our garage or will we still have to buy them with in game credits?

I would of thought it would be the same as GT5 being in game vouchers that you just use and the cars go straight into your garage

Does anyone know why Gamestop.ca for Canada doesn't allow you to add the Bonus Anniversary version to your cart? Only the regular one can be preordered it seems? I'm debating between this or the Amazon.com version with 1M credits. Probably will go for the Gamestop if it will ever let me order.

Okay i just transferred a GT6 pre-order from one gamestop to another gamestop. Do i still get the pre-order bonuses? I'm not very sure now.

nevermind. I don't get it.

Last edited:
It's kind of absurd that a game publisher obviously expects us to spend hours researching which edition to buy. What kind of marketing strategy is that?

Personally, I would *like* to get the digital download version so I can play the game without a disc in the drive, and leave another game in the drive (maybe Dirt 2). I have the GameStop version pre-ordered because the Alpine is one of my top 3 favorite cars ever built, so I ordered it just in case that's the only way that car is available.... *sigh*. I don't care about the livery, in fact I *hate* liveries and won't even use that model Alpine if I can later win or buy one without the livery, as I suspect I can based on previous versions of Gran Turismo.

Anyway, I suppose until the game is released we won't really know, but does anyone have a scoop on whether or not those same cars will be available via. other methods in the game as usual? I mean real concrete knowledge, not a "best guess"?

Thanks!

It's kind of absurd that a game publisher obviously expects us to spend hours researching which edition to buy. What kind of marketing strategy is that?

Personally, I would *like* to get the digital download version so I can play the game without a disc in the drive, and leave another game in the drive (maybe Dirt 2). I have the GameStop version pre-ordered because the Alpine is one of my top 3 favorite cars ever built, so I ordered it just in case that's the only way that car is available.... *sigh*. I don't care about the livery, in fact I *hate* liveries and won't even use that model Alpine if I can later win or buy one without the livery, as I suspect I can based on previous versions of Gran Turismo.

Anyway, I suppose until the game is released we won't really know, but does anyone have a scoop on whether or not those same cars will be available via. other methods in the game as usual? I mean real concrete knowledge, not a "best guess"?

Thanks!

Yes they are available in game without liveries. Scroll to the bottom of this page: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/preorder/ and you'll soon understand what I mean.

So the JB pre-order is just for the base version? Because they have to listed..."santa" has placed an order to GT6 and JB-HI gave her no info nor price...

JB Hi-Fi have an edition that comes with 5 DLC cars and a small Gran Turismo helmet. No steelbook, no 25 DLC cars, so that's why I cancelled and went to EB Games. I ended up buying WRC 4 from JB Hi-Fi, and it's been a massive disappointment.....

Hello,

I am in Canada, but I`m still confused about the Anniversary Edition pre-order for Canada. On ebgames.ca website (http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/gran-turismo-6-with-exclusive-bonus/316934?loc=comingsoon_row3_col1), it says that we will only get 20 cars. Also, no mention of the special 15th anniversary livery whatsoever. But on the US gamestop website (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/g...7&sourceID=TnL5HPStwNw-_2HKyEVAxbmUVQzxI21QVQ), it lists the correct Anniversary Edition pre-order (as mentioned on gran-turismo.com) for Gamestop US with the 25 cars having the special blue anniversary livery. I would like to have the correct Anniversary Edition pre-order (i.e. the 25 blue cars), and to my understanding after what I`ve read on GTPlanet (https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-preorder-guide/), both US and Canada should have the same pre-order bonus i.e. the correct pre-order with 25 special livery cars, but EB games Canada has only 20 normal cars. My best guess is maybe the info on the Canada website is not up to date, but I`m not sure. I want the correct pre-order with the 25 blue cars, but since Ebgames.ca does not display that, I think I should order from US, but then I`ll have to pay shipping and it`s like $20 extra. I`m not sure what to do, I really want the Anniversary Edition. Could someone please let me know what I should do? If I should order from US or Canada? Maybe I`ll just go in-store and ask them? Thank you! :)

EBGames.ca have updated their webpage again, and are now listing the 15th Anniversary liveried cars as part of their pack.

http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/gra...e-bonus/316934?cid=soc_10004903#bonusFeatures

It's possible. My GT5 bonus was a separate slip with a scratch off code, placed inside the case. That one was bought through a local EBGames shop, but the slip said "Gamestop". YMMV

Whichever territory you are in – besides Australia – any preorder of any version of Gran Turismo 6 comes bundled with a 5 car preorder bonus pack – termed the “Precision Pack” in Europe. These cars are:

I pre ordered and didn't get any code. Because of this artikel I pre-ordered at the cheapest online retailers. But alas. Thanks dudes.
You'll notice that the territories in the article are USA, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, Australia and Japan (though I left Japan off the pricings at the end through lack of information). Netherlands wasn't included because we got no information on Dutch online retailers.

However, both Amazon UK or Amazon Germany deliver to the Netherlands - and both have got the Precision Pack and million credit preorder bonus...

It wasn't clear to me. Though I deleted my original reaction because it is not worth making a problem out of it. Thanks for the clarification.

Really annoyed. I only Just realised now that I didn't get my Pre Order Bonus Precision Pack from Game when I bought My 15th Anniversary Edition of GT6. Will there be any way of getting hold of It now? Game are so useless they managed to mess up my pre order due to incompetent staff they hire for the Christmas period :/

Back