Pre Order confusion....

• Thread starter mrclep
  • 335 comments
That's the same preorder bonus across the entire rest of the planet - except Japan and Australia - with the same name.
Worst "clarification" article of all time? :P I kid, Famine.

But seriously, have we clarified the best version to get if you're in the US? Is going to GameStop and pre-ordering the regular version (which automatically means the anniversary edition?) the only way to get the MOST cars?
Yep.
Sorry Famine, my question has not been answered yet. Or maybe I don't understand it, my English is really bad...:guilty:

What I wanted to know is if there are both versions without preorder.

If you already answered this and I did not understand it - Sorry.

Yep. All that preordering gets you is the Precision Pack.

Sorry, kind of going to do a short rant.

Why do PD do the same thing that they did in GT5 for GT6? Made the 15th anniversary edition available in only some countries/stores. As well as the pre order bonuses being different depending on country/store. There are two massive problems with doing this.

1. It makes the pre ordering process so bloody confusing that GTPlanet has had to make a news article explaining it.

2. It really pisses me, and I'm sure many others, off that we cannot get ALL of the pre oder bonus content. I personally would rather pay $70-80 to get all of the available pre order content, rather than pay $60 to get a limited number of the pre order content. The same goes for the Anniversary edition of the title. Why sell it at some retailers and not all?

I realize that PD probably makes more money doing things this way but, they are not thinking of the customers anymore. A typical problem of most companies in this day.

/Mini Rant

Well, the editions with the model cars are more bulky than the steelbooks, so it seems ok for them to only ship in Asia, where it doesn't take long to deliver things.

But I agree with you, and I am a bit pissed off that I have to miss out on the Apex book (I have the Apex book for GT5)

If Rockstar can send millions of giant Collectors Edition boxes around the world for GTA V, it seems strange that Polyphony Digital can't send smaller packages around the world.

Worst "clarification" article of all time? :P I kid, Famine.

But seriously, have we clarified the best version to get if you're in the US? Is going to GameStop and pre-ordering the regular version (which automatically means the anniversary edition?) the only way to get the MOST cars?

GameStop is the best, it includes the Precision Pack, Torque Pack, and all the others, coming out to be 25 blue anniversary livery cars. Then you get custom paint chips, you get to have a custom race suit and more. GameStop is the choice for Americans.

However, if you find it hard to get 1 million credits, you might as well order from Amazon. However, you only get 5 cars. I suggest GameStop.

That's because it's the Anniversary Edition, which has all that stuff for everyone in the world, plus the Precision Pack preorder bonus...

Gamestop/EB Games in Canada have two SKUs in their system. "RE" for regular and "LE" for the advertised 15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade. Includes the 25 striped blue cars, suits, helmets, avatars & app. No additional cost, so it's still $60.

http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/gran-turismo-6-with-exclusive-bonus/316934

No, no, no... GameStop USA gives 25 cars WITH the livery. EBGames Canada gives 20 cars. On GameStop's description for the pre-order bonus, it says right there that each of the included cars will display a 15th anniversary livery. EBGames Canada doesn't seem to say ANYTHING about a livery! And EBGames has 5 less cars. I'm quite worried, because this is the only place which in Canada which is giving a preorder bonus!

My question, simply - will I receive AT LEAST the precision pack?

Well, the editions with the model cars are more bulky than the steelbooks, so it seems ok for them to only ship in Asia, where it doesn't take long to deliver things.

But I agree with you, and I am a bit pissed off that I have to miss out on the Apex book (I have the Apex book for GT5)

If Rockstar can send millions of giant Collectors Edition boxes around the world for GTA V, it seems strange that Polyphony Digital can't send smaller packages around the world.
Rockstar made like a billion on the first day of GTA V. It is the most popular game of this year and Rockstar is probably the most profitable game developer right now. Quite a huge difference from PD.

2. It really pisses me, and I'm sure many others, off that we cannot get ALL of the pre oder bonus content. I personally would rather pay $70-80 to get all of the available pre order content, rather than pay $60 to get a limited number of the pre order content.
You can get all content by buying the Anniversary Edition, right?

Sorry, kind of going to do a short rant.

Why do PD do the same thing that they did in GT5 for GT6? Made the 15th anniversary edition available in only some countries/stores. As well as the pre order bonuses being different depending on country/store. There are two massive problems with doing this.

1. It makes the pre ordering process so bloody confusing that GTPlanet has had to make a news article explaining it.

2. It really pisses me, and I'm sure many others, off that we cannot get ALL of the pre oder bonus content. I personally would rather pay $70-80 to get all of the available pre order content, rather than pay $60 to get a limited number of the pre order content. The same goes for the Anniversary edition of the title. Why sell it at some retailers and not all?

I realize that PD probably makes more money doing things this way but, they are not thinking of the customers anymore. A typical problem of most companies in this day.

/Mini Rant
That'll be "Sony".

There are likely endorsement reasons behind limiting the 15AE to a particular chain - and you'll notice it's EB Games/Gamestop/GAME for the majority of territories, which are both not quite the same store and largely the same store all at once - and the basic package is largely the same region to region: standard edition with nothing; 15AE with 20 cars, special paints, outfits and avatars; preorder gets you the 5 Precision Pack cars on either.

It's up to individual SCE offices what else they chose to offer beyond that - which is where it gets confusing with additional 5-car packs, steelbooks, keyrings, t-shirts, lanyards and even mini-helmets...

But it's all down to the publisher and distributor, Sony, rather than the developer.

It's all the same game, just buy the standard version.

I don't see why you guys are interested in cars we can already get in game, just with boring livery added on top.

It's all the same game, just buy the standard version.

I don't see why you guys are interested in cars we can already get in game, just with boring livery added on top.
Interestingly, buyers in your marked region get the best 15AE of all - special box, hardcopy of Beyond the Apex 2 and, for the collector's edition that no-one else gets, a 1:32 scale Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 15AE in a presentation box.

I'm after a 15AE for the steelbook to go in my collection - but I'm tempted to locate a collector's edition on eBay.

No it doesn't. I was surprised for a bit that people were so confused. Then I went outside and spent some time walking the shops, hearing the gaming demographic in first person, and it all made perfect sense.

/Mini Rant

Exactly. GS comes to them and says, "hey, we'll give you this amount of money for this exclusive" PD says yes because business.

I don't really care. I'm getting it from Amazon US and they've got several cars as a pre-order bonus plus I believe one million credits to start the game. In GT5, I raced and raced and was so proud when I saved enough to buy a nice Camaro, and eventually I got a Audi R8. Now I'll have about 10 times that much as a free bonus the moment I begin. Takes some of the fun out of it for me. I may wait a week or so after getting the game before I redeem my codes.

Well a couple of days at least lol.

You get both and then return the gamestop copy.

the latest weekly rewind says it will be 15gb on psn?it will be awesome if GT6 doesnt (excuse me) rape my hdd the way 5 did, 15gbs is fine....is the 15th aniversary edition going to be available digitally as well?

sorry for crappy english, im from south america

Last edited:
Or maybe they just want people to screw them off, skipping all this pre order nonsense, buying the vanilla game USED on purpose, after a month or two.

the latest weekly rewind says it will be 15gb on psn?it will be awesome if GT6 doesnt (excuse me) rape my hdd the way 5 did, 15gbs is fine....is the 15th aniversary edition going to be available digitally as well?

sorry for crappy english, im from south america

Yes, but I think it's listed as Special Edition, or something.

No, no, no... GameStop USA gives 25 cars WITH the livery. EBGames Canada gives 20 cars. On GameStop's description for the pre-order bonus, it says right there that each of the included cars will display a 15th anniversary livery. EBGames Canada doesn't seem to say ANYTHING about a livery! And EBGames has 5 less cars. I'm quite worried, because this is the only place which in Canada which is giving a preorder bonus!

My question, simply - will I receive AT LEAST the precision pack?

Sorry, I always get confused about 20/25 cars. While it doesn't specify on Gamestop.ca's page, I'm almost positively sure the cars are all 15th Anniversary Edition cars with blue paint job and stripe, even though their promo image looks otherwise (using generic car images). There is no way that PD/Gamestop are giving away 20 dealership models straight into your garage. It's more game breaking than Amazon's 1M Cr.

I'm also confident the 5 cars from Precision Pack are also included within the 20 car list. The GTR, Z4, Stingray, Tesla, SRT and R8 are in the list.

gt6_bonusLG.jpg

It's a shame Amazon UK didn't get the Anniversary Edition as well as Game. Perhaps it would have made it more competitively priced...

The fact that you have to pre-order from GameStop to get all of the 25 anniversary cars is BS. It'll cost me around $70 with tax+shipping if I pre-order from them. It'd probably be cheaper just to get the digital version and buy the car packs separately... if the even sell them separately...

I'll be pre-ordering my copy from Very.co.uk using some discount codes I have :D I purchased GT5 for £15 when it released though that won't be the case this time as I'll only get £15 off from their price of £45.

Happy hunting!

The fact that you have to pre-order from GameStop to get all of the 25 anniversary cars is BS. It'll cost me around $70 with tax+shipping if I pre-order from them. It'd probably be cheaper just to get the digital version and buy the car packs separately... if the even sell them separately...

No, they won't. If it saves you money, then get it off the PSN store when it becomes available, but it might be more money for the AE edition anyway, because the Gamestop upgrade is an exclusive to them, PSN will probably not do that, and might charge like $80 or so.

If you live near a gamestop store you should be able to pre-order it for in-store pickup, which should save at least the shipping costs.

Car packs are not sold seperately, they are pre-order exclusive.

Hello,

I am in Canada, but I`m still confused about the Anniversary Edition pre-order for Canada. On ebgames.ca website (http://www.ebgames.ca/ps3/games/gran-turismo-6-with-exclusive-bonus/316934?loc=comingsoon_row3_col1), it says that we will only get 20 cars. Also, no mention of the special 15th anniversary livery whatsoever. But on the US gamestop website (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/g...7&sourceID=TnL5HPStwNw-_2HKyEVAxbmUVQzxI21QVQ), it lists the correct Anniversary Edition pre-order (as mentioned on gran-turismo.com) for Gamestop US with the 25 cars having the special blue anniversary livery. I would like to have the correct Anniversary Edition pre-order (i.e. the 25 blue cars), and to my understanding after what I`ve read on GTPlanet (https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-preorder-guide/), both US and Canada should have the same pre-order bonus i.e. the correct pre-order with 25 special livery cars, but EB games Canada has only 20 normal cars. My best guess is maybe the info on the Canada website is not up to date, but I`m not sure. I want the correct pre-order with the 25 blue cars, but since Ebgames.ca does not display that, I think I should order from US, but then I`ll have to pay shipping and it`s like $20 extra. I`m not sure what to do, I really want the Anniversary Edition. Could someone please let me know what I should do? If I should order from US or Canada? Maybe I`ll just go in-store and ask them? Thank you! :)

Back