With only a couple of weeks to go until the first copies of Gran Turismo 6 start thunking onto doormats the world over, you might be forgiven for being somewhat confused by exactly what you’ll be getting if you’re planning to preorder the game.
To address this, we’ve put together a helpful guide to just what you’ll be paying for.
If you find GTPlanet a useful resource, please consider pre-ordering a copy of the game by clicking on one of the links below; we’ll receive a small commission for the sale.
Wherever you are there are two versions of the game available – the vanilla Gran Turismo 6 and a special 15th Anniversary Edition. You can distinguish between them by the cover art – a side view of a Corvette C7 on the regular game and a top-down shot of a Megane Trophy race car covered in “15” livery for the 15th Anniversary Edition.
European and Japanese buyers can also purchase GT6 as part of a PS3 bundle – with a 250Gb Super Slim in Japan and a 500Gb Super Slim with a copy of The Last of Us in Europe.
Whichever territory you are in – besides Australia – any preorder of any version of Gran Turismo 6 comes bundled with a 5 car preorder bonus pack – termed the “Precision Pack” in Europe. These cars are:
- Tesla Model S Signature Performance ’12 (15th Anniversary livery)
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 ’14 (15th Anniversary livery)
- Audi R8 LMS Ultra (15th Anniversary livery)
- SRT Viper GTS (15th Anniversary livery)
- Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 ’13 (15th Anniversary livery)
There are four other car packs available and these are limited to individual retailers – most stores will not offer an additional car pack for a preorder, but participating retailers like Gamestop (USA & Europe), GAME (Europe) and Amazon will offer one of the following packs in addition:
- Alpine A110 1600S (15th Anniversary livery)
- Ford GT40 Mark I (15th Anniversary livery)
- Lancia Stratos (15th Anniversary livery)
- Pagani Huayra (15th Anniversary livery)
- Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 (15th Anniversary livery)
- Audi R18 TDI (15th Anniversary livery)
- BMW Z8 (15th Anniversary livery)
- Chevrolet Corvette (C2) Coupe (15th Anniversary livery)
- KTM X-BOW R (15th Anniversary livery)
- Lexus IS F Racing Concept (15th Anniversary livery)
- Cizeta V16T (15th Anniversary livery)
- Ford Focus ST (15th Anniversary livery)
- Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 (15th Anniversary livery)
- Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (15th Anniversary livery)
- Toyota 86 GT (15th Anniversary livery)
- Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car (15th Anniversary livery)
- Ford Shelby GT500 (15th Anniversary livery)
- Honda HSV-010 GT (15th Anniversary livery)
- Lotus Europa S2 (15th Anniversary livery)
- Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 (15th Anniversary livery)
Click here for a thumbnail gallery of all the cars listed above.
Other participating retailers may offer a 1,000,000 credit in-game starting fund in place of one of these car packs, though Gamestop UK are offering it in addition to its two car packs and an extra bonus 90 day PSN+ membership.
15th Anniversary Edition sets are limited to single retailers in each region – GAME in the UK, Gamestop in the US (as a free upgrade from the standard edition), EBGames in Australia. However, all 15th Anniversary Edition pre-orders worldwide (except Japan) come with all five car packs – 25 additional cars in total, along with the 1m credit starter fund, and a set of custom paint chips, custom race suits, custom helmets and PSN avatars.
Japanese buyers are shortchanged slightly on bonus car count, with 15 of the above 25 cars available (rising to 17 with a preorder bonus), but they will get an updated version of the “Beyond the Apex” game guide and a special box to compensate. There’s also a special collector’s version with a 1:32 scale Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition diecast model.
This all might be somewhat of an information overdose, so if you’re still a little confused we’ve also made a handy buyer’s guide for each region:
- Zavvi – Standard edition; £39
- GAME – Standard edition; £45
- Amazon.co.uk – Standard edition + Torque Pack; £40
- Gamestop – Standard edition + Torque Pack, 1m credits, 90 day PSN+; £40
- Xtra-Vision – Standard edition + Performance Pack; £42
- GAME – Anniversary edition; £60
- GAME – 500Gb PS3 bundle; £200
- Amazon France – Standard edition + Velocity Pack; €55
- Amazon France – Anniversary edition; €67
- Micromania France – Anniversary edition + T-shirt; €80
- Amazon Germany – Standard edition + 1m credits; €70
- Gamestop Germany – Standard edition + Performance Pack, Lanyard; €70
- Media-Markt.de – Anniversary edition; €79
- Amazon Italy – Standard edition + Velocity Pack; €59
- Gamestop Italy – Standard edition + 1m credits; €76
- Gamestop Italy – Anniversary edition; €86
- Amazon Spain – Standard edition + Adrenaline Pack; €57
- Gamestop Spain – Standard edition + Performance Pack; €65
- Gamestop Spain – Anniversary edition; €75
- MightyApe – Standard edition + Torque Pack, T-shirt; AU$70
- JB HiFi – Standard edition + GT6 Mini Helmet; AU$89
- MightyApe – Anniversary edition + T-shirt; AU$90
- ebgames – Standard edition; AU$100
- ebgames – Anniversary edition; AU$115
- Gamesman – Standard edition; AU$78
If you’re still not sure which version is best for you, ask for help here in our forums.
Of course if you’re unwilling to wait for the postman, you can also preorder either version of the game through your console or the SEN store site for digital download. Both, like all other preorders, include the Precision Pack bonus cars.