Pre Order confusion....

• Thread starter mrclep
  • 335 comments
I pre-ordered the anniversary edition from Gamestop here in the uk and now its not there..so i cancel and re-order from Game or do I just leave it?

Can someone please clarify if the US gamestop anniversary preorder upgrade includes 1m credits in addition to the cars? I don't think so since it's not listed on their page but the preorder guide posted on gtplanet today says all anniversary editions include 1m credits except japan.

So now I'm confused by this article that's supposed to clear things up!

Can someone please clarify if the US gamestop anniversary preorder upgrade includes 1m credits in addition to the cars? I don't think so since it's not listed on their page but the preorder guide posted on gtplanet today says all anniversary editions include 1m credits except japan.

So now I'm confused by this article that's supposed to clear things up!

Thanks to Famine for the useful post to all the different pre-order specials. Black300, according to this GameStop page it is just the 25 cars and no mention of the bonus credits. I personally hope my GS pre-order will actually be the 15th Anniversary box and not the boring standard edition box.

When preorder bonuses were first mentioned amazon were giving 5 cars now it seems every preorder of any edition of the game get 5 cars and a further 5 from amazon except that they all have the god awful 15th anniversary livery, I would prefer the cars without the nasty paint job....

That's an odd case - the Anniversary Edition at Gamestop technically isn't a preorder of the Anniversary Edition... it's a free upgrade to the Anniversary Edition for preorders of the standard edition.

So while it includes all 25 cars and the 15AE digital bonuses which are part of the 15AE box, I don't know if it'll contain the 1m credits or not. Since I think that's going to be in the form of a DLC microtransaction voucher, I'd suggest it won't.

And if you think you have it bad, the German preorders of the standard edition from Media-Markt don't come with the Precision Pack cars either - but you can pay them 10 Euro extra for the Precision and Torque Pack cars!

Thanks again Famine. It makes one wonder why Sony went to the trouble of producing alternate boxes for other countries when they could just go the DLC route for everybody. I'm old-fashioned; I would rather have physical copies of games (and their corresponding boxes) rather than a PS3 with hundreds of GBs of games that must be downloaded again if they get deleted or if the PS3 gets replaced.

Isn't the gamestop version the 15th anniversary edition? The picture of the box art that they have up is the same as the box art from the 15th anniversary edition, I thought they were the same thing?

I hope so Bucky. The box art is different in Amazon's and GameStop's pages (Amazon shows the C7 side shot). I guess we'll know for sure when it actually hits stores.

So to clarify..if I leave my order as is I won't get all 25 cars which I've already paid for? alls I want to know is if my order is coming from Game now or will my order be priced accordingly and downgraded?

Isn't the gamestop version the 15th anniversary edition? The picture of the box art that they have up is the same as the box art from the 15th anniversary edition, I thought they were the same thing?
They're automatically upgrading all preorders to the 15th Anniversary Edition. So yes, it will be.

Semantics I know, but that's retailers for you.

So to clarify..if I leave my order as is I won't get all 25 cars which I've already paid for? alls I want to know is if my order is coming from Game now or will my order be priced accordingly and downgraded?
I'm not aware of Gamestop UK ever offering the Anniversary Edition - but if that is what your preorder is for and what you are billed for, that is what they have to deliver. If they rebill you for the standard edition then they can send you that instead.

I'd suggest phoning them, because as far as I'm aware only one retailer in each region is supposed to stock the 15AE (Australia being an odd case - I suspect there's some reselling shenanigans going on) and that's GAME in the UK (or Xtra-Vision [HMV] in Ireland - but they have stores in Northern Ireland too, so they can sell to the UK).

You should still get the 25 cars. That's the gamestop special? You get that along with the "free 15th anniversary upgrade"

You should still get the 25 cars. That's the gamestop special? You get that along with the "free 15th anniversary upgrade"
Still says it's fine just the news bit said it wasn't available here in the uk anymore hense my confusion,thanks.

Still says it's fine just the news bit said it wasn't available here in the uk anymore hense my confusion,thanks.

Oh, well I don't know about the UK versions. I'd assume it's what ever the website says and what your order says. Mine still is there and when I go to GT6 through the order it still says get 25 cars and the free upgrade.

Oh, well I don't know about the UK versions. I'd assume it's what ever the website says and what your order says. Mine still is there and when I go to GT6 through the order it still says get 25 cars and the free upgrade.
It said it's fine on their website so fingers crossed then.:)

So I went to game stop to get NFS Rivals and I asked about the 15th anniversary edition, he said that it is a upgrade if you have pre ordered it. So if you pre ordered it you automatically get the 15th anniversary edition at Game stop.

I pre-ordered the anniversary edition from Gamestop here in the uk and now its not there..so i cancel and re-order from Game or do I just leave it?

I'm in the same boat as you. I was tempted to cancel it and switch to Game (despite vowing to never buy anything from them again), but I might just wait for it. Going to email them and find out what's going on.

I'm in the same boat as you. I was tempted to cancel it and switch to Game (despite vowing to never buy anything from them again), but I might just wait for it. Going to email them and find out what's going on.
Seems to be okay for the moment mate,I'm leaving it as is for now.

Hello! Like all of you, I want pre-order (EU only) Gran Turismo 6, version 15 Anniversary if possible the less expensive possible... well I've checked many sites to pay in pre-order.
The only site interesting that sell the 15 Anniversary version I found is from the already mentioned here, Game.co.uk at 59,99£ ± 72,23€.
Also in its Standard version with more or less bonuses, (sites also already mentioned):
Amazon.co.uk (w\Precision Pack & Torque Pack) at 39,97£ ± 48,13€,
The Hut (w\Precision Pack) at 38,99£ or 48,35€,
Zavvi.com (w\Precision Pack) at 38,99£ or 48,35€,
GameStop.co.uk (w\Torque Pack, 1M credits, 90Days PSN+) at 39,97£ ± 48,13€,
Game.co.uk(w\Precision Pack) at 49,99£ ± 60,19€.
I want add just a few more:
Tesco.com(w\?) at 42£ ± 50,57€
wowHD.co.uk (w\?) 45,19£ or 45,59€ (????)
Simplygames.com (w\Precision Pack & Torque Pack and GT6 Keyring) 39,85£ ± 47,98€

For one Standard version, I think the last one is the more interesting because is cheap and you receive a keyring...
But, because there is still at least two weeks before public resale, some things can change...stay alert

Last edited:
I was never really clear on this, when I pre-ordered my copy from gamestop, it was before there were 25 cars included, it was only about 10 or so. Then they added more to make it 25. Will I get the 25 or how ever many there were when I actually pre-ordered it?

In Russia we got 5 packs of 5 cars with a preorder :) But it's not like you buy a game before it is released. You pay like 10$ and get a box with some additional stuff(cars, 1.000.000 cr, postcards, keychain) and with a discount. The discount is the same 10$. And you can choose any edition of GT6, the discount works with both of them.

Worst "clarification" article of all time? :P I kid, Famine.

But seriously, have we clarified the best version to get if you're in the US? Is going to GameStop and pre-ordering the regular version (which automatically means the anniversary edition?) the only way to get the MOST cars?

Sorry Famine, my question has not been answered yet. Or maybe I don't understand it, my English is really bad...:guilty:

What I wanted to know is if there are both versions without preorder.

If you already answered this and I did not understand it - Sorry.

Hello there, i am from Germany and preordered the Standard-Version of GT6. I was a little bit confused by reading your recent article about the Bonuspackages, when preordering this game, because here in Germany they seem to include a different Car-Package called Precision-Pack.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.htm...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=443231247&pf_rd_i=B00CSU3WSC

• GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
• R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition
• Corvette Stingray (C7) 15th Anniversary Edition
• Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition
• Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition

Keep racing! :)

Back