Pre Order confusion....

• Thread starter mrclep
  • 335 comments
They told me that there was only one version in their computer at the store I went to.
They told me the same, though after the 15th anniversary was announced I went to GS the next day to change my order, you must do the same. They will have it listed now.

garbuckle, EB Games Canada just haven't updated their web page. I pre-ordered in store and they assured there was 25 cars.

I've just emailed EB Games to ask why they haven't updated their webpage.

No matter what when you pre order it, you get the five cars: Viper, C7, Tesla, GTR GT3, and the R8 LMS. When you get the anniversary edition, you get 20 more cars from GameStop.

Yet EB Games has different cars listed as to what is mentioned on the Gran Turismo website.

EB Games:

BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
Tesla Model S Signature Performance '13
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
Alpine A110 1600S '68
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 '12
Ford Focus ST '13
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 '13
Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11
KTM X-BOW R
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Lotus Europa (type54) '68
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11
Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 Race Car '11
SRT Viper GTS '13
TRD 86 Racing '08
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car '08

Gran Turismo/GameStop:

Alpine A110 1600S 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car 15th Anniversary Edition
BMW Z8 15th Anniversary Edition
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) 15th Anniversary Edition
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) 15th Anniversary Edition
Cizeta V16T 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford Focus ST 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford Shelby GT500 15th Anniversary Edition
Honda HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary Edition
KTM X-BOW R 15th Anniversary Edition
Lancia STRATOS 15th Anniversary Edition
Lexus IS F Racing Concept 15th Anniversary Edition
Lotus Europa S.2 15th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
Pagani Huayra 15th Anniversary Edition
Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 15th Anniversary Edition
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th Anniversary Edition
SRT Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition
Tesla Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition
Toyota 86 GT 15th Anniversary Edition
Scirocco GT24 15th Anniversary Editio

Last edited by a moderator:
Two Sciroccos, Two Model Ss', Two SRT Viper GTSs, ect, go through both lists you'll find them to be almost the same, I can't be bothered at the moment, but I'd imagine there'd almost all be duplicated, I couldn't see the 86 GT on the top list, but anyway, it'll be the same.

I'm still confused about this, remember this (https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-pre-order/) article on gtplanet news page?

It says the Gamestop upgrade will feature 20 cars. I cross checked the list with the 25 car list that came out today (https://www.gtplanet.net/more-gt6-15th-anniversary-edition-details-pre-order-incentives/), and there are differences between the two.

Cars on the old list ONLY:
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale (2011)
Aston Martin V12 Vantage (2010)
BMW Z4 GT3 (2011)
Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (2011)
TRD 86 Racing (2008)

Cars on the new list ONLY:
Audi R18 TDI
BMW BMW Z8
Cizeta V16T
Lancia STRATOS
Ford GT40 Mark I
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2)
Pagani Huayra
Shelby Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
Toyota TOYOTA 86 GT
Audi Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car

Cars that are on BOTH lists:
Alpine A110 1600S (1968)
Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 (2012)
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) (2014)
Ford Focus ST (2013)
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (2013)
Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) (2011)
KTM X-BOW R
Lexus IS F Racing Concept (2008)
Lotus Europa (type54) (1968)
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 2011
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport (2013)
Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 Race Car (2011)
SRT Viper GTS (2013)
Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance (2013)
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car (2008)

Also Legend said it best, every pre-order gets 5, pay for the AE version, get an 'additional' 20 cars (25). So some people get 25, others get 5, and no pre-order means 0 (special edition cars).

This is strange, the Game Stop site states 25 cars not 20. http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/gran-turismo-6/109528#bonusFeatures

American website =/= Canadian :)

I've just emailed EB Games to ask why they haven't updated their webpage.

I asked months ago; they just don't really care, and the stuff on there is what Sony told them when they first created the page. I doubt it matters that much; those who are in the know already know what they'll be receiving, and those that don't will probably not be fussed with getting more bonus cars than they originally thought ;).

What are you seeing that is different from what has officially been on the GT site?

Its not about whats different from the GT site, its about whats different from the GS site of the past. I've been there before and I believe this wasn't here previously.

The majority of the confusion seemed to be regarding what pre-order bonuses were 'officially' announced, in the past, there were none and now there's this.

There's one on eBay selling one from Kyoto Japan, they only accept PayPal, not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, but it isn't hard to find, google "gran turismo 6 anniversay edition" under shopping, the 7th link there, its $104USD shipped to the US, you might even get the additional Ford ST and GT 86 anniversary editions (but the game might also start in Japanese).

Bonus!
More details
Pre-order Gran Turismo 6 to receive the GameStop Exclusive 15th Anniversary Upgrade!

GameStop Exclusive - 15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade

How would you like to start your Gran Turismo 6 experience this Holiday with 25 unique vehicles? To properly celebrate the 15-year legacy of Gran Turismo, the GameStop Exclusive "15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade" includes the complete collection of 25 unique vehicles as well as a set of custom paint chips, custom race suits, custom helmets and PSN Avatars. Each of the combined vehicles will have their own unique enhancements and will display a special "Anniversary Edition" livery.

Alpine A110 1600S 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition
Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car 15th Anniversary Edition
BMW Z8 15th Anniversary Edition
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) 15th Anniversary Edition
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) 15th Anniversary Edition
Cizeta V16T 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford Focus ST 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford Shelby GT500 15th Anniversary Edition
Honda HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary Edition
KTM X-BOW R 15th Anniversary Edition
Lancia STRATOS 15th Anniversary Edition
Lexus IS F Racing Concept 15th Anniversary Edition
Lotus Europa S.2 15th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
Pagani Huayra 15th Anniversary Edition
Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 15th Anniversary Edition
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 15th Anniversary Edition
SRT Viper GTS 15th Anniversary Edition
Tesla Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition
Toyota 86 GT 15th Anniversary Edition
Scirocco GT24 15th Anniversary Edition

Online Customers: Code will be emailed within 2 business days after your order ships.
Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: Code will be printed on your receipt at time of pickup.

So basically If you pre-order it from Gamestop you get all this stuff since a pre-order is considered an upgrade. 👍

Im going with GS pre-order, with all those exclusive cars I will quickly rack up a million credits but you can't rack up those exclusive cars(barring buying codes, etc.).

The only thing I'm confused about is the "paintchips" are they going to be like the ones we got in Gt5 or will they be some new colors?

So i have just noticed that the EB Games Canada website has only 20 cars for the pre order as opposed to the US site which has the full 25. Being in Canada, I hope that they just have not updated their website yet. Otherwise, i'll be cancelling my preorder and order through the US site. Though i can't really see why Canada would have a different car list than the US....

It took GS quite some time to update to say 25 too, you're probably safe but may want to call and check.

Awesome thanks. I thought the US site had always been at 25. Thanks for the info, definately going to check into it.

I don't like how Gamestop does it. they give no written garentee that I will get the upgrade when I receive my order. My receipt reflects nothing about the bonus features. I'm suppose to trust them...

Anyway, like I said. I have a sense of adventure. If they screw me, I will never do business with them again.

I don't like how Gamestop does it. they give no written garentee that I will get the upgrade when I receive my order. My receipt reflects nothing about the bonus features. I'm suppose to trust them...

Anyway, like I said. I have a sense of adventure. If they screw me, I will never do business with them again.

The website makes it pretty clear that pre order=free upgrade. You already have it in writing. Make a screen cap of it and use it if you need to down the road.

I have got a problem: Here in Austria, at my local market they say both versions of the game will be available without preorder. I don't really care about extra content or something, what I want is a steelbook. Now I have two questions:
-) Are there really two versions without pre-order?
-) If so, will the 15th Anniversary have a steelbook without pre-order?
:cheers:

So Anniversary edition is £60 in UK and $60 in US? What the... someone needs to show game the Gamestop US price..

There's one on eBay selling one from Kyoto Japan, they only accept PayPal, not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, but it isn't hard to find, google "gran turismo 6 anniversay edition" under shopping, the 7th link there, its $104USD shipped to the US, you might even get the additional Ford ST and GT 86 anniversary editions (but the game might also start in Japanese).
As far I know the game language is linked to your PS3 console, most of games now are multi-language, so if your console is in english, your game will also be.

I have got a problem: Here in Austria, at my local market they say both versions of the game will be available without preorder. I don't really care about extra content or something, what I want is a steelbook. Now I have two questions:
-) Are there really two versions without pre-order?
-) If so, will the 15th Anniversary have a steelbook without pre-order?
:cheers:
All that preordering will get you is the "Precision Pack" of cars - that's:

Tesla Model S Signature Performance ’12 (15th Anniversary livery)
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 ’14 (15th Anniversary livery)
Audi R8 LMS Ultra (15th Anniversary livery)
SRT Viper GTS (15th Anniversary livery)
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 ’13 (15th Anniversary livery)

And it doesn't matter if it's the standard or the Anniversary edition you preorder. Except in Australia, where they're not giving you the Precision Pack for standard preorders for some reason.

We've just put together a preorder guide on the main GTP blog - it doesn't cover all countries (I've limited Europe to the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain and I've NO idea about South America or Asia) but it will give you an idea on prices relatively local to you.

Latest Posts

Back