Project CARS 2 DLC Thread

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,070 comments
I would love a Cobra. I think the Aston Martin DBR1 needs some friends to play with. I wonder what AI settings would make the perfect track day. Competent drivers that know to get out of the way when you wanna go fast, but not so fast themselves that you can't race them. I'm gonna try 0 Aggression and 50 Skill. I myself will be going faster than parade lap pace but not full race pace. Just enjoying the sights and sounds.

I'm gonna try all kinds of AI extremes to see how they work together.

The Motorsports Pack will be given to anyone who buys the Season Pass.

The Japanese Pack is pre-order.

From what we know so far is that
Interlagos will be a DLC Track
and the 488 Trofeo will be a car DLC

But i assume we get Macau this time as it was rumoured for PC1 as well.

Don't be so sure about Macau unfortunately. I fought hard for the inclusion of this track through PCars1 and 2 through WMD as i was local to the track at the time and spent a lot of time getting required reference and so on for the track.
Even though SMS has this, it would still need a lot more than that due to their new philosophy of scanning each new track.

Last i heard about the status of the track was on GTPlanet or the Official Forums about a year ago where Ian quoted saying the licensing for the track was "interesting", and since then there has been no further information.

Im praying as much as anybody for the track to make an appearance, but please don't get hopes up or purchase season passes expecting it as you maybe sorely let down unfortunately.

Told you in the DLC thread its coming
I know. But nothing was confirmed. I first spotted it a few weeks ago but nothing's confirmed to be coming until SMS says it is. No need to be all high and mighty about it when you don't read something properly.

I know. But nothing was confirmed. I first spotted it a few weeks ago but nothing's confirmed to be coming until SMS says it is. No need to be all high and mighty about it when you don't read something properly.

Well, to be fair @jake2013guy technically it's still not "confirmed". Just because we have seen it in a dev live stream doesn't mean it's coming. Remember all those things that were spotted in videos and images from pCARS1 pre release that never made it?

Just sayin', I wouldn't add it to the list yet........

I have a bad feeling we might not get another V8 Supercar. With VASC using Forza for their eSports, why would SMS bother adding new cars?

I think AC have the Altima, but I'll just give up on the series for now. I'm not angry or totally upset. There are plenty other cars for me to enjoy in the game.

It's probably similar to their explanation for not having official NASCAR or other real stock cars. Maybe the licensing is just too expensive or the logistics of going to Australia to get the data was too much on the budget.

Possibly, but Ian is keen to add a couple more Australian tracks(of course, doesn't mean cars as well). I'll take some classic Aussie muscle and touring cars though.

Well, to be fair @jake2013guy technically it's still not "confirmed". Just because we have seen it in a dev live stream doesn't mean it's coming. Remember all those things that were spotted in videos and images from pCARS1 pre release that never made it?

Just sayin', I wouldn't add it to the list yet........
I never said it was confirmed. I even said that nothing's confirmed until SMS does. I haven't edited the OP of this thread since the 2nd Dev Stream and added it as a possible inclusion.

I never said it was confirmed. I even said that nothing's confirmed until SMS does. I haven't edited the OP of this thread since the 2nd Dev Stream and added it as a possible inclusion.

I know. One of the recent posts made it seem like you were planning to add it to the list though. I probably misread what you wrote though

Wow! I hope they don't announce it for a long time. Remembering the greedy feeling 'Pcars2 announcement after one month of Pcars release'. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/22/project-cars-2-announced
They should fully concentrate on the current game.
Otherwise it's bye bye time.

Developers always start the next game immediately after the previous game. SMS announced it so people can jump on the testing group. It's not greed, it's business. Imagine if we had to wait another year because they didn't start working on the game until all the DLC was released.

Hey folks. I have a few questions about the various DLCs:

1) Has the UK price of the season pass been revealed yet? I can't find it anywhere. Since the US price is $30, would it be reasonable to assume it'll be £30?

2) The motorsport pack you get with the season pass, is that going to be available at launch?

3) The Japanese pack - anyone have any ideas on when (or if) it will be made available to everyone, and what it might cost?

Thanks!

(@IanBell I love you and the company but I have to say researching all these pre-order/DLC arrangements you have with Bandai is a pain in the arse :lol:)

1) Has the UK price of the season pass been revealed yet? I can't find it anywhere. Since the US price is $30, would it be reasonable to assume it'll be £30?

2) The motorsport pack you get with the season pass, is that going to be available at launch?

3) The Japanese pack - anyone have any ideas on when (or if) it will be made available to everyone, and what it might cost?

Thanks!

(@IanBell I love you and the company but I have to say researching all these pre-order/DLC arrangements you have with Bandai is a pain in the arse :lol:)
1. should be £25
2. Yes. Because, after driving the R32, I will driving that Audi V8 into the ground.
3. I believe Ian mentioned it'll be available at some point.

Thanks!

1) No

2) Yes if you buy the Season Pass

3) Who knows. Probably a bit less than a normal pack. However much that is.

Saw this in the comment box of PCars' latest FB post and thought it would be relevant:

Hn2YXk5.png

Original post here.

Thanks!

Yup, it is. We have created a graphic which compared each pack side by side. It should go a long way to clearing up the confusion. Just clearing it with BN now.

Wow! I hope they don't announce it for a long time. Remembering the greedy feeling 'Pcars2 announcement after one month of Pcars release'. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/22/project-cars-2-announced
They should fully concentrate on the current game.
Otherwise it's bye bye time.

I find this a strange sentiment. For pCARS1 we released 11 patches and gave away a free car every month with fixes, improvements, new features in every patch, many of them community requests.

Now, we would have much preferred to have just started it quietly - as EVERY other franchise on earth does - but as we'd promised the pCARS1 WMD members access to development on pCARS2, we couldn't do that and we stuck to our promises. What we did is the opposite of greedy. We opened WMD2 knowing we'd get flak as there were still bugs on pCARS1. How else could we have done it? We took in 200k for WMD2 then closed it having fulfilled our promises. We didn't need the money, again the opposite of greedy. You don't put 150 people on monthly patches for years when you plan to have a new iteration every 2-3 years.

Do you think the Forza team are all taking a year off whilst not starting work on Forza 8? No, they'll at least be brainstorming, designing, prototyping and working out their few new key additions for the next iteration. They'll get going on playtesting and user testing. But they, and every other developer of a franchise have the luxury of being able to do it behind closed doors. We didn't.

It's probably similar to their explanation for not having official NASCAR or other real stock cars. Maybe the licensing is just too expensive or the logistics of going to Australia to get the data was too much on the budget.

So there's no chance of having the chevrolet and the Toyota for the American Stockcars? And no chance of either having another Supercar V8 (Nissan, Holden, Mercedes or Volvo)?

I just hope T10 doesn't get an exclusivity deal with Virgin Australia Supercars(VASC). Seeing as they have a new eSports collaboration.
SMS only ever need two cars: the Falcon and (insert other 2013 V8 Supercar). If we can get a 2013 Altima in PC2's lifespan, I'll be overjoyed. However, the E63 seems like the most likely candidate, because it's not owned by a manufacturer. It belongs to the Erebus Motorsport V8 team.

Latest Posts

Back