Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I'm one of the people happy enough with PCARS2 as it is, but the limited progress they made fixing it, capped off by essentially saying, "sorry, we cannot afford to do any more for it," does not give me confidence that the next game will turn out differently from its predecessors.

What's frustrating is knowing that no matter how excellent and polished the next PCARS is, its success will be hobbled by this hole SMS have dug themselves into in terms of PR.

In a quite ironic point of view it's a shame that the formula that SMS uses for Project Cars isn't backed by a larger publisher and / or developer who could afford to continue the support and even more DLC plans. I fully understand SMS's limitations in the support they can afford although you can argue that this could be seen as an investment in PC3

Did you know that in private testing you can turn your car around and lap any track in reverse in the game keeps track of your lap times.

Small things like this is why i love the pcars series so much:)

Favorite track to run in reverse is Circuit de 24h du Mans:drool:

I found that out by mistake. When the Ferrari test track came out I tried it for the first time and I think it was that sharp turn just after you go across a bridge. I missed it and went downhill on the grass. I saw tarmac in front of me and assumed I should just turn right and continue on around. Some of the turns just looked a little strange and I was having trouble identifying where to turn. I kept passing the finish line but the clock just kept going. I had to pass it twice to get a lap time, or maybe even three times because I had laps up in the 3 and 4 minute range. I kept thinking to myself this track can't be this long and why doesn't the clock stop when I cross the finish line.

Exited out of there and then came back and tried it again except for this time I made that turn across the bridge and suddenly the track looked much different. Turns out the previous time I had been running it in reverse since I made that wrong turn. Once I figured out the right way the lap time dropped into the under two minute range like it should have. :lol:

Ooohhh I'm gonna test Bannockbrae :)
That would be a good one for it. I'm playing Ride 3 currently and I think Milestone should have offered reverse versions of its street/road courses. I'd like the option to race "The Snake" (Mulholland Drive) downhill.

I don't do licensed circuits in reverse -- not because it's sacrilege, but because it's too mind-bending -- but I feel fantasy and street/road tracks are fair game and sometimes better in reverse. :)

That would be a good one for it. I'm playing Ride 3 currently and I think Milestone should have offered reverse versions of its street/road courses. I'd like the option to race "The Snake" (Mulholland Drive) downhill.

I don't do licensed circuits in reverse -- not because it's sacrilege, but because it's too mind-bending -- but I feel fantasy and street/road tracks are fair game and sometimes better in reverse. :)
I found some of my favourite tracks in Driveclub were the reverse versions.

I love reverse circuits and I'd like PC3 to have some. I'd be happy for it to be limited to tracks which have pit lanes which are practical in both directions.

Question what are things you like to do in the game that may seem odd to others?

For example one of my favorite thing to do is to go to either circuit de 24h du mans or le mans vintage and just drive the mulsanne straight back and forward for a hours or so and only completing a full lap when i need to refuel. :)
Hey @Chikane you might be interested in this :)

https://jalopnik.com/the-mclaren-p1...and-more-powerfu-1831232408?rev=1545327782268

You might get to drive it in PC3 :)

Last edited:
It is somewhat unfair to compare these numbers since PC1 has been very cheap much more casual racers might have picked it up in the meanwhile. It's fair to say that PC2 hasn't been the step forwards it could have been if we use the amount of players as measure unit

Anyone know what track this is? I just can't identify it :(
Project-CARS-2-20181222083736.png

Definitely Sugo - it's at the crest of the S/F straight, just before the start of the pit-lane. Unfortunately, the Dunlop logo was removed prior to release (I'm guessing due to licensing but that is just a guess)
Thanks to both yes that's the track i just don't go there to much, in fact i been there once :embarrassed:

Thanks to both yes that's the track i just don't go there to much, in fact i been there once :embarrassed:
I've driven almost every car around it in TT (I think I missed one or two). It's a great circuit, definitely one of my favourites.

Decided to give some time to this and started a career. Burnt by their handling in the original game, I've skipped the infernal karts and chosen to start in the Ginetta championship. Looking forward to getting my teeth into it in the way I wish I could have with the original on Xbox.

Back