Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
It takes time for the game to store your time. I had the same "problem".

For sure it's your fault, ps4 fault, or your router fault or your cats fault. Never the game fault even if it's the only game where this happen.

And yeah, the ps4 version doesn't have some stuff that the pc version has.
And stats, lap times, limited replay time, are some of it.
But it's ps4 fault. Even if there are games in ps4 with ton of data stored, or uses outside resources to cope.

When you look at the leaderboards and there is a tune available to use, how do I download it and use it?

I'm on Xbox One X BTW.

When you look at the leaderboards and there is a tune available to use, how do I download it and use it?

I'm on Xbox One X BTW.
From what I remember you click the guys name on the boards and then load up that car and track then in the pits go to setups it should have a setup received message bottom right. Then click load setups and then I think its r2 or r1 (ps4)to get to the new setup click it then go and make a new save file with a name you fancy. erm I think :)

Hello, this is my first message on :gtplanet:, sorry if this question is out of place, and for my bad English.

at this point (approximately) the GOTY version of PC2 would have to come out. but with "PC3" and "MADBOX" as news, it seems that they forgot PC2. Will there be a "goty" ?. I just hope they finish it and do not forget it.:confused::confused::confused:

Hello, this is my first message on :gtplanet:, sorry if this question is out of place, and for my bad English.

at this point (approximately) the GOTY version of PC2 would have to come out. but with "PC3" and "MADBOX" as news, it seems that they forgot PC2. Will there be a "goty" ?. I just hope they finish it and do not forget it.:confused::confused::confused:

It could be the Deluxe Edition is so close to a GOTY edition that they won't bother. And when I say "they" I would think the decision would be NAMCOs rather than SMS.

You'll have the deluxe edition! This includes all DLC except for thé preorder pack. It is on offer for €29,99 in the EU.

From what I remember you click the guys name on the boards and then load up that car and track then in the pits go to setups it should have a setup received message bottom right. Then click load setups and then I think its r2 or r1 (ps4)to get to the new setup click it then go and make a new save file with a name you fancy. erm I think :)

I don't think that's how it works. I go into Time Trial, load up the car and track that I want to see if there is a tune available, I see one, go over to the leaderboard and select the player, but it just brings up his profile with no option to download that tune.

But will there or will not there be? I should have left (goty PC2)

sorry...I do not ask what content it will have.

No one knows. I think its unlikely now. You would either do it when the last DLC shipped (September), as happened with PC1 or put it out in time to catch the Christmas market. Both have passed.

I don't think that's how it works. I go into Time Trial, load up the car and track that I want to see if there is a tune available, I see one, go over to the leaderboard and select the player, but it just brings up his profile with no option to download that tune.
Are you picking a top 10 placed car there should be a spanner symbol ?

But will there or will not there be? I should have left (goty PC2)

sorry...I do not ask what content it will have.

If a Game of The year Edition is released at some point in the future, it will have the same content as the Deluxe Edition with the addition of the Pre-Order Bonus Pack (an extra 4 cars). Order the Deluxe Edition and the Pre-Order Bonus Pack - the Deluxe Edition is often on sale through the PlayStation store.

I don't know why a GOTY Edition wasn't released in time for Christmas 2018 - maybe SMS / Bandai Namco are hoping for more Season Pass sales and have therefore delayed a GOTY Edition until Christmas 2019.

Welcome to GTPlanet and I hope you enjoy the game - the Deluxe Edition and Pre-Order Bonus are well worth ordering - the extra content is very good. Just a shame that there wasn't a second year season pass as it appears we have a very long wait until PC3 is released.

Note - the full content is listed in threads titled "Project Cars 2 Car List" and "Project Cars 2 Track List" - you will need to look at post 1 of those threads Pipi.

Last edited:
I downloaded the demo for the second time this weekend since the Deluxe Edition was on sale and I figured that the game at least deserved another chance.

However, since I never really made friends with the game with all assists off or the authentic option and editing the controller setttings didn't really made things better for me, I decided to leave it as it is and set TCS and ABS to 'High' this time around. I know that it's considered scandalous by many but I couldn't give less of a ...., honestly. It makes a night and day difference for me and for the first time ever I enjoyed what the demo/game had to offer. I'll take that filthy casual badge with pride.

I ended up buying the Deluxe Edition and have been having an absolute blast (almost exclusively) racing the F355 and the Zakspeed Capri on various tracks.

Although I wonder why offline custom championships never made it/have been left out. Seems like a such an odd omission.

Last edited:
MXH
I downloaded the demo for the second time this weekend since the Deluxe Edition was on sale and I figured that the game at least deserved another chance.

However, since I never really made friends with the game with all assists off or the authentic option and editing the controller setttings didn't really makes things better for me, I decided to leave it as it is and set TCS and ABS on at 'High' this time around. I know that it's considered scandalous by many but I couldn't give less of a ...., honestly. It makes a night and day difference for me and for the first time ever I enjoyed what the demo/game had to offer. I'll take that filthy casual badge with pride.

I ended up buying the Deluxe Edition and have been having an absolute blast (almost exclusively) racing the F355 and the Zakspeed Capri on various tracks.

Although I wonder why offline custom championships never made it/have been left out. Seems like a such an odd omission.

Most important is that you can enjoy the game the way you want. If that is with TCS and ABS high, then go for it. Most important is that you get enjoyment out of the game for YOU :cheers:

Since I had PC2 (last week) I've only ran the 365 GTB and the 512S with the latter becoming hugely difficult to resist :bowdown: Done a couple of races but got most enjoyment out of simply driving the car on the track alone.

I had a good session driving the 1989 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO for the first time last night and am glad there was nobody else around, I was laughing like a lunatic every time I spun off track because it sounds like there's a squirrel living under the bonnet that laughs at you when you stall it trying to get back on track.

Most important is that you can enjoy the game the way you want. If that is with TCS and ABS high, then go for it. Most important is that you get enjoyment out of the game for YOU :cheers:

Since I had PC2 (last week) I've only ran the 365 GTB and the 512S with the latter becoming hugely difficult to resist :bowdown: Done a couple of races but got most enjoyment out of simply driving the car on the track alone.
Luckily there are enough options to make the game suit for oneself. The fact that they actually have made improvements to the gamepad helps as well. With a wheel, it would've been a different story. But since pCARS never really have been gamepad friendly this will have to do. It was the main reason why I dropped the first game fairly quickly which I found to be frustrating regardless of assists and settings (bought the Limited Edition day one).

I started the career mode (Formula Rookie) but I just had no interest continuing after the second race. My own custom races are more than enough to keep me entertained for eons.

Besides the lovely F355, I also found another darling - the F40 LM - which I'll definitely be driving & racing more. It looks so damn good in the blue 'Pilot' livery too.

For any of you who thought he hated Road Atlanta, he doesn't. Licensing issues apparently prevented it from being in PCARS2 which is a shame.

It's interesting to see what could have been in PCARS in an alternative universe. The possibility of this and a full VASC season would have been pretty cool.

Last edited:
How come no one told me how easy it is to find worthwhile lobbies to race online, or how relatively painless and informative the process is compared to the norm for online racing, at least on consoles? :lol:

I think I was led astray. :P Sure, getting something that isn't GT3/GTE or some formula/prototype class is uncommon, but find the right people to join up with and it seems as easygoing as normal.

How come no one told me how easy it is to find worthwhile lobbies to race online, or how relatively painless and informative the process is compared to the norm for online racing, at least on consoles? :lol:

I think I was led astray. :P Sure, getting something that isn't GT3/GTE or some formula/prototype class is uncommon, but find the right people to join up with and it seems as easygoing as normal.

You mean as in adding them as your friend I assume? I occasioinally check the online lobbies but I already have a hard time finding lobbies that match my time preference.

You mean as in adding them as your friend I assume? I occasioinally check the online lobbies but I already have a hard time finding lobbies that match my time preference.
Yeah, I've added a couple that are on frequently, at least lately.

I dunno, it's anecdotal, but so far it's been one of my better experiences racing online. Few awful or dirty drivers, less waiting around in menus doing nothing (the race weekend format helps, using qualifying to wait for players to join), and in the Forza games, lobbies with less-popular cars or tracks weren't just uncommon, they were virtually non-existent, forcing me to host my own.

I just couldn't help but laugh about it, thinking of @simsimsheree.

Yeah, I've added a couple that are on frequently, at least lately.

I dunno, it's anecdotal, but so far it's been one of my better experiences racing online. Few awful or dirty drivers, less waiting around in menus doing nothing (the race weekend format helps, using qualifying to wait for players to join), and in the Forza games, lobbies with less-popular cars or tracks weren't just uncommon, they were virtually non-existent, forcing me to host my own.

I just couldn't help but laugh about it, thinking of @simsimsheree.
I had pretty much the same experience as you when going for the S license for the Platinum. I found a good variety of cars (even the 70s F1 at times) and some good guys to race with. It was definitely a more fun experience than I've had in most games.

Over the weekend I've created a 20 weeks, 100 events race calendar for myself, trying to push myself to play the game almost daily. The calendar gave me 3 cars and 3 tracks to choose from each day to create a desirable combination with the mandatory inclusion of a few Rallycross and oval races.

This way I will drive more cars (I think I've at least every class included) I normally wouldn't drive and hopefully play the game some more. The calendar will mainly be used as a guide, not a must since there are weeks where I don't have 5 days to race.

Anybody else had issues at Bathurst (with multi-class races)?

Today I had a frustrating 1 hour race at Bathurst in a LMP2 car. First of all the AI was way too fast for me in the second sector, lost about 2 seconds there. In the race the LMP1 tried to overtake at impossible points in that sector resulting twice in severe suspension damage.

I just found out you can have a thunderstorm (well any sort of rain really) while driving on snow, even though you can't select em in the options :)

Super slippery stuff :)

Night time in the snow with lightning lighting up the track with the hud off looks fantastic :bowdown:

The AI are super crap with this combination though, even at 120/100. (turns out so was I :lol:)
Thunderstorm starts at 12mins (race time), after the blizzard.

I envy you VR guys :(

Last edited:
Back