Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I assume you mean in the online community?
I would think that is their intention with PC3. It's selling out. There's just more kids that play games on console than there are adults with sim rigs.
And it sucks.
I don't know if switching to turdismo spurt is going to help that one bit and whenever I used to give it a go after the 3 months of being on real sims, I was always left saying, "what the **** is this?". Still going to try PC3 though, but it's a no buy and no support for me until there is any resemblance to what we've come to like already. Already bought two versions of PC2.

Dunno, when I came in few month ago there was a decent crowd, every room had high tire players, and mostly even slower part wasn't that reckless. For the good week every lobby full of people is a total slow wreckage. Didn't saw most of usuals for a long time.

Gran Turismo in lobbies at least has no restrictions, in Project Cars I need to have rating over 1700 to keep up with decent rare rooms. In GT just come and go, until you find one. If Project Cars 3 will be the same liberal, it will be easy to deal with bad racing standards, as in GT Sport.

Interesting point system in PC, if I win in average lobby, I get 1 point, if not in top 3 -20, if retire -30.

I guess never will understand how people drive in GT Sport. In PC it's kinda native and no force to turn, like car does exactly what you expect, in GT Sport it makes my hands hurt how much needed to make a car turn. Changed rear antiroll bar to maximum, front to minimum, fully turned off LCD, turned off ABS and everything else, set steering sensitivity to max and all feedback, and car still struggles to turn without really good force on it. Most of the time it feels so clunky on road, like I'm operate a train, that should go off rail in each turn. In other worlds it feels impossible to make Project Cars of it:). Even with those changes have the same times, when I left it, difference the car become more unstable, and that is it.

I guess never will understand how people drive in GT Sport. In PC it's kinda native and no force to turn, like car does exactly what you expect, in GT Sport it makes my hands hurt how much needed to make a car turn. Changed rear antiroll bar to maximum, front to minimum, fully turned off LCD, turned off ABS and everything else, set steering sensitivity to max and all feedback, and car still struggles to turn without really good force on it. Most of the time it feels so clunky on road, like I'm operate a train, that should go off rail in each turn. In other worlds it feels impossible to make Project Cars of it:). Even with those changes have the same times, when I left it, difference the car become more unstable, and that is it.
I don't know where that came from but ya, GTS is not good. No tire model, no dynamic physics, everything is basically canned all for the sake of having "the best graphics" and even then the track and the cars draw themselves right in front of you. I was absolutely bewildered at why they wanted this approach. The driving is abysmal.

Every 4-6 months or so I would turn it on just to check out an update or something and every single time it was a chore to do the 26.2 mile workout and I was always left saying "what the **** is this".

I don't know where that came from but ya, GTS is not good. No tire model, no dynamic physics, everything is basically canned all for the sake of having "the best graphics" and even then the track and the cars draw themselves right in front of you. I was absolutely bewildered at why they wanted this approach. The driving is abysmal.

Every 4-6 months or so I would turn it on just to check out an update or something and every single time it was a chore to do the 26.2 mile workout and I was always left saying "what the **** is this".
I hated the driving in gts so much but the one thing that still makes my blood boil is how unrealistic some cars are.

I'm still trying to understand how in the world can the P1 GTR get to 280 MPH like it does in that game?

And no i ain't making this up.
ggg.png

The p1 gtr in real life has a top speed of 217 and it doesn't even reach that or even 200 since its a car more about down force then top speed.

I remember being super excited to drive it in that game even with the crappy driving of that game but that^ right there is what put me off. never played that game again.

And by the way that 427 kph is a unmodified p1 gtr if you add upgrades it reaches 280 mph :lol:

Sounds like I'm glad I got out when I did. I played GT6's joke of a career, drove on the moon(which was really fun inebriated), and just left it not long after. Kept it installed to potentially do hot laps of the Ring in nicely modeled cars but never even did that. The stuff I saw about GTSport never interested me enough to warrant buying a PS4, so I finally had the chance to upgrade my PC.

I kind of missed the easy portal for high-populated online racing, but I haven't really done that since GT5... and there is online racing available to me if I really want to put the effort into it. I always say I'd like to but I never get around to it. I mostly just want to run my own races on my own terms so I put up with bots. And the GT series was never any good for that even before they completely broke it half way through GT5 and then made it worse.

Now if only I could get this GT4 GT86's tail end to stay planted around the Ring I could get on to what really matters... complaining about PC2's insufficient timescale options for 24 hour races. :)

I hated the driving in gts so much but the one thing that still makes my blood boil is how unrealistic some cars are.

I'm still trying to understand how in the world can the P1 GTR get to 280 MPH like it does in that game?

And no i ain't making this up.
View attachment 944318
The p1 gtr in real life has a top speed of 217 and it doesn't even reach that or even 200 since its a car more about down force then top speed.

I remember being super excited to drive it in that game even with the crappy driving of that game but that^ right there is what put me off. never played that game again.

And by the way that 427 kph is a unmodified p1 gtr if you add upgrades it reaches 280 mph :lol:
Call me the crazy one but I couldn't even afford it. :D
I never could just sit and accumulate the amount of credits needed. I'll take your word like gospel on this matter though. ;)

Call me the crazy one but I couldn't even afford it. :D
I never could just sit and accumulate the amount of credits needed. I'll take your word like gospel on this matter though. ;)
I bought not 1 not 2 but 3 yes i grinded 3 p1 gtr in that game :embarrassed:

I did that one race on that oval track i don't remember but is like 275k for 15 clean laps so i just did that like 50 times :lol:

Took a while but owning 3 p1 gtr made it worth it :bowdown:

20190615225516.jpg
20190615225527.jpg
20190615225538.jpg

From the Discord:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zq2npnuvbycqkll/Audi R18 TDI.rar?dl=0
The Audi R18 TDI '11 from @(NUTELLA)
This car is a LMP1 class car, outfitted with small improvements in power and durability.
To keep up with its hybrid brothers and sisters the cars turbo got increased to a peak pressure of 3.2bar, additionally the cars fuel-tank and the engines heat transfer coefficient have been increased to guarantee longevity and proper bop for endurance racing while its not as quick out of the corner as the hybrids it surely catches up once the field reaches 200+ kp/h

special thanks to: - @wabi for giving me the idea of using the old "asano" liveries for the car - @RacerX for providing valuable feedback in every phase of this cars creation, extensive testing and providing solutions for countless small issues and tripwires - @PaidoGato for fixing the lighting, reflection and shading issue with the cockpits carbon material
As usual, make sure to contact me if you stumble upon issues, encounter bugs or simply have in idea to improve this mod

Got an idea 💡
Still thinking about some of the details but.....

The PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP :)

I'll post up more info over the coming days.

I bought not 1 not 2 but 3 yes i grinded 3 p1 gtr in that game :embarrassed:

I did that one race on that oval track i don't remember but is like 275k for 15 clean laps so i just did that like 50 times :lol:

Took a while but owning 3 p1 gtr made it worth it :bowdown:

I understand you fully. I also like to have more than one versions of one car. I love different color variations etc. And it look great if you play with friend in Split Screen mode using the same car ;)

Ok so... The PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP

The Project Cars Cross Platform Championship :)

The idea is....
10 drivers max (from any platform).
10 rounds (shortish tracks)
1 make car selection (around 140-160mph mark)
Lap count based around 10 minutes of your precious time (track dependant).
Point system based on old F1 style to keep it close so 1st position will get 10 points, last position will get 1.

For now all tracks will be set to default date at 12:00 mid-day with weather set to clear sky so everyone is on a level playing field.

The race setup itself will be YOU against 9 AI maximum (so 10 cars on track to simulate racing against other players) & so it's not boring racing around on your own + it adds a few unknown obstacles.

Player must start last!!

Another reason for this is that we might race on tracks that only allow a limited number of drivers & to make sure there's no physics anomalies on the base consoles.

Now the AI level can be whatever you want it to be so you're having fun (most important factor here), you can finish in any position you want.

All I require is a screen shot (via mobile is fine as long as it's clear) after the race to prove the amount of laps, against 9 AI & your total time.

It is your total time that will determine the amount of points you get & what position you will be within the championship.

You can have as many goes as you like, but as soon as you submit that screen shot, that's final (so be aware).

The championship will start as soon as we fill the full 10 player entries, a round will finish as soon as the last driver has submitted their total time screenshot.

To save clogging up the forum just post your time followed by a screenshot in spoiler form.

There is no time limit on the championship, we can make it as short/long as we like so it fits within everyone's time frame & real life commitments.

Things I'm still thinking about & would like some feedback.

1. Car setups, default or not? (may allow some people to be quicker, for better or worse, controller vs wheel)

2. Driving aids, authentic or player choice?

3. Race rules on/off (this will require honesty as we all know how iffy the penalty system can be)

4. Tyre wear on/off
5. Fuel consumption on/off

I might leave 4&5 off for the 1st championship to see how we go then introduce them on the next one if successful? Let me know your thoughts.

Baring in mind it's going to be roughly around 6-8 laps regarding the tracks.

So there you go...I think I've covered everything :)
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Ok so... The PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP

The Project Cars Cross Platform Championship :)

The idea is....
10 drivers max (from any platform).
10 rounds (shortish tracks)
1 make car selection (around 140-160mph mark)
Lap count based around 10 minutes of your precious time (track dependant).
Point system based on old F1 style to keep it close so 1st position will get 10 points, last position will get 1.

For now all tracks will be set to default date at 12:00 mid-day with weather set to clear sky so everyone is on a level playing field.

The race setup itself will be YOU against 9 AI maximum (so 10 cars on track to simulate racing against other players) & so it's not boring racing around on your own + it adds a few unknown obstacles.

Player must start last!!

Another reason for this is that we might race on tracks that only allow a limited number of drivers & to make sure there's no physics anomalies on the base consoles.

Now the AI level can be whatever you want it to be so you're having fun (most important factor here), you can finish in any position you want.

All I require is a screen shot (via mobile is fine as long as it's clear) after the race to prove the amount of laps, against 9 AI & your total time.

It is your total time that will determine the amount of points you get & what position you will be within the championship.

You can have as many goes as you like, but as soon as you submit that screen shot, that's final (so be aware).

The championship will start as soon as we fill the full 10 player entries, a round will finish as soon as the last driver has submitted their total time screenshot.

To save clogging up the forum just post your time followed by a screenshot in spoiler form.

There is no time limit on the championship, we can make it as short/long as we like so it fits within everyone's time frame & real life commitments.

1. Car setups, default or not? (may allow some people to be quicker, for better or worse, controller vs wheel)

2. Driving aids, authentic or player choice?

3. Race rules on/off (this will require honesty as we all know how iffy the penalty system can be)

4. Tyre wear on/off
5. Fuel consumption on/off

I might leave 4&5 off for the 1st championship to see how we go then introduce them on the next one if successful? Let me know your thoughts.

Baring in mind it's going to be roughly around 6-8 laps regarding the tracks.

So there you go...I think I've covered everything :)
What do you guys think?

Sounds interesting, I don't consider myself particularly quick but it's always fun finding out just how not-quick I am :lol:. My 2p...

1. Setups - I'd be using a default setup regardless, but I don't particularly mind
2. Driving aids - authentic for me
3. Race rules - on for me, even with the issues
4 & 5. Tyre wear & fuel consumption - on for me.

What do you guys think?
I think with your initial post at 2.32 AM you couldn't get to sleep - so came up with this. :)
Sleepless nights can be productive!

1. Setups - I really haven't got a clue about tuning, so it would be one of the default settings for me anyway.
2. Driving aids - Authentic sounds good. Depending on the cars you can choose to use them or not then.
3. Race rules - On generally. Although some tracks are worse than others. And the AI can be problematic
4 & 5. Tyre wear & fuel consumption - What are these? :) For short races you might as well leave them off to level everyone up.

I (sometimes) run a slowish cars on shortish tracks race lobby
You might have already gone though them but here's a list of short tracks I use that would probably be just right for your idea. It might help.
1) Barcelona National - 1.90 miles
2) Barcelona Club - 1.05 miles
3) C.O.T.A Club - 1.23
4) Dubai Club - 1.52
5) Hockenheim Short - 1.63
6) Lydden Hill - 0.90
7) Mojave Sidewinder - 1.65
8) Mojave Gila Crest - 2.15
9) Mugello Short - 1.41
10) Nurbergring Mullenbach - 0.92
11) Nurbergring Sprint short - 1.90
12) Oschersleben B course - 1.51
13) Porsche Leipzig short - 1.36
14) Red Bull Ring National - 1.45
15) Red Bull Ring Club - 1.14
16) Ruapuna Park Club - 1.41
17) Raupuna B circuit - 0.99
18) Sakitto National - 1.92
19) Sakitto International - 1.76
20) Silverstone National - 1.63
21) Snetterton 100 - 0.99
22) Sonoma Short - 1.94
23) Texas Infield - 1.36
24) Willow Springs Horse Thief mile - 0.99
25) Monza short - 0.99
26) Knockhill International reverse - 1.29 miles
27) Cadwell Park GP - 2.16 miles

These all accept 10 cars

Why not start a new thread? It'd help in keeping everything together and we can discuss it and iron out problems on there.

Oh, just thought - damage. With AI on track it might be better off?

I think with your initial post at 2.32 AM you couldn't get to sleep - so came up with this. :)
Sleepless nights can be productive!

1. Setups - I really haven't got a clue about tuning, so it would be one of the default settings for me anyway.
2. Driving aids - Authentic sounds good. Depending on the cars you can choose to use them or not then.
3. Race rules - On generally. Although some tracks are worse than others. And the AI can be problematic
4 & 5. Tyre wear & fuel consumption - What are these? :) For short races you might as well leave them off to level everyone up.

I (sometimes) run a slowish cars on shortish tracks race lobby
You might have already gone though them but here's a list of short tracks I use that would probably be just right for your idea. It might help.
1) Barcelona National - 1.90 miles
2) Barcelona Club - 1.05 miles
3) C.O.T.A Club - 1.23
4) Dubai Club - 1.52
5) Hockenheim Short - 1.63
6) Lydden Hill - 0.90
7) Mojave Sidewinder - 1.65
8) Mojave Gila Crest - 2.15
9) Mugello Short - 1.41
10) Nurbergring Mullenbach - 0.92
11) Nurbergring Sprint short - 1.90
12) Oschersleben B course - 1.51
13) Porsche Leipzig short - 1.36
14) Red Bull Ring National - 1.45
15) Red Bull Ring Club - 1.14
16) Ruapuna Park Club - 1.41
17) Raupuna B circuit - 0.99
18) Sakitto National - 1.92
19) Sakitto International - 1.76
20) Silverstone National - 1.63
21) Snetterton 100 - 0.99
22) Sonoma Short - 1.94
23) Texas Infield - 1.36
24) Willow Springs Horse Thief mile - 0.99
25) Monza short - 0.99
26) Knockhill International reverse - 1.29 miles
27) Cadwell Park GP - 2.16 miles

These all accept 10 cars

Why not start a new thread? It'd help in keeping everything together and we can discuss it and iron out problems on there.

Oh, just thought - damage. With AI on track it might be better off?

You are correct :)

Yeh I did think about damage, but it would make no sense because you can just re-run the race until you're happy with your time then submit it anyway.

Regarding race rules, it was more about track limits than anything else.

At the end of the day it's all for fun & all you're going to get if you win the championship is a well done.

I'll fire up another thread regarding this.

Last edited:

But then after doing a lot up down, plus minus, left right, actually found out something good, really good. Didn't know that GT Sport could be like that, smooth and even tending to oversteer, drove with this stunning set up on N24 with a though "This is straight impossible happening magic". For people curious, it happens that Breaking Sensitivity actually have both effects of engine breaking and preload, the fist fundamental thing that changed the game to me. To how it connected with Project Cars, say without tire temperature I could managed to shave decent seconds from GT3 bop car, that I couldn't perform for years back in GT Sport days. Driving style definitely changed a lot, I could even successfully ride without abs, but still have a habit to save tires from overheating.

To add, damn this annoying tires noise if finally gone, since car no more understeer, it no more drag the car around with big forces. Finally I can hear other sounds in this game. Got used to silent Project Cars ambient and sexy sound of gearing.

Last edited:
Man Dubai Autodrome GP is a killer track when it comes to burning out tires "Jesus"

Only 5 laps in and there almost reaching 300
x71XQpA.jpg

I do like how tire pressure tries to keep up it started at 20.18 psi and its up to over 30 :crazy:
Can't be to sure but aren't pirelli slick like a road car version of a racing cars soft slick. Isn't there another compound you could try like mediums or hards (like hard slicks on a race car) to cope with the hot temperatures of that track?

I'd kill off as much toe as possible to stop the tyres scrubbing & lower the camber to even out the heat distribution, possibly open the brake ducts more to allow more cooling.

Other than that change the season to winter for cooler temperatures.

Last edited:
Can't be to sure but aren't pirelli slick like a road car version of a racing cars soft slick. Isn't there another compound you could try like mediums or hards (like hard slicks on a race car) to cope with the hot temperatures of that track?

I'd kill off as much toe as possible to stop the tyres scrubbing & lower the camber to even out the heat distribution, possibly open the brake ducts more to allow more cooling.

Other than that change the season to winter for cooler temperatures.
Cars like the p1 gtr and fxx-k only have the option of pirelli slick. so fixing the over heating tires would have to be done from the other methods.

Dunno, 918 have no ducts options, neither harder tire compounds than Pirelli slick. Probably a thing that oversighted by SMS sometime at development. There is an invitational event with fxx-k, 918 and some other, I don't really remember, at Algarve, which I found impossible to complete. Tried everything I could, but one lap and tires are all red, breaks are all red.

Algarve actually the most hot track, than Dubai, especially because tight hard corners, and a lot of elevation changes. Real test for hard slicks, breaks ducts management and driving style.

Last edited:
Dunno, 918 have no ducts options, neither harder tire compounds than Pirelli slick. Probably a thing that oversighted by SMS sometime at development. There is an invitational event with fxx-k, 918 and some other, I don't really remember, at Algarve, which I found impossible to complete. Tried everything I could, but one lap and tires are all red, breaks are all red.
The 918 isn't really in the same class as the p1 gtr,fxxk,zonda r which is why pirelli slick are only on this track day cars.

the best tires you have available for the p1 laferrari and 918 are sport soft tires

The 918 isn't really in the same class as the p1 gtr,fxxk,zonda r which is why pirelli slick are only on this track day cars.

the best tires you have available for the p1 laferrari and 918 are sport soft tires

I'm not very strong in Ferrari line up:). Anyway, this is a class I meant, it is too have no good options for a track over 40C.

You know i never been a fan of racing in short tracks but after Mr Grumpy PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP thread i have falling in love with short track racing :bowdown:

Just did a 15 lap sprint race around Silverstone International one make with the p1 gtr and wow close till the end and i won by less then 1 second:gtpflag:

Then i did a 15 lap sprint race in monza current short with the fxx-k and again it was super fun. :D

@Mr Grumpy Thank you for making the PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP thread and showing me the light into short track racing. :cheers:

Question: What makes the pit strategies change order?

I know that when I'm constantly changing stuff with these that sometimes the one I edit will move to the bottom of the list. But I don't know what it is that actually makes that happen. I've tried just saving them again and that doesn't do it. I've tried changing various options in the strategy and then saving it and that doesn't do it. I never change their names so that's not it.

It's annoying when I'm changing strategy during a race and the one I want to switch to is all the way at the bottom of the list. I'd love to be able to send the ones I am least likely or never going to use to the bottom to avoid that but I can't seem to make them move on purpose.

...Okay, I've solved the problem before posting but still confused. It's the name. I mean, it can't be the name because I never change their names when it happens against my will. But if I do change the name it pushes the strategy to the bottom. The default one gets stuck at the top but at least I can get my short career race strategies and the brake repair strategy I've never had to use out of the way and get to my other service options more easily while driving.

24 Hour Later Edit:
I'm not sure if this is the only thing, but tweaking a strategy while driving is what's sending them to the bottom of the list. Very annoying. I've always said it shouldn't save mid-race changes permanently as those are temporary situational adjustments, now there's one more reason. Maybe they can fix that for the nex... ohhhh, riiight.

Last edited:
Back