Project CARS 2 Patch and Update Discussion

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,396 comments
In addition to in game music. Stephen Baysted's music is awesome and I'm not an Orchestra guy.

I absolutely agree! The theme song for the PCARS 1 Stanceworks DLC (Ca' The Yowes) was already awesome, but the menu theme song in PCARS 2 is completely out of this world!!!

The xbox one version I'm playing it still V 1.0.0.13 so looks like we haven't got the day 1 patch yet.

digital edition people are getting the latest version directly when they're pre-loading.
On my PS4 I already have version 1.03 installed, but did not notice any separate download being made. So, this seems to make sense.

Yeah, 13GB is pretty large for those on a strict limit. But it does seem to be the direction the whole gaming thing is going. And it is only going to get massively worse with the new consoles and 4k gaming.

I wonder if SMS will make us download all the files on a combined patch or just the files that have been changed. Going from version 1 to version 10 on Pcars 1 in one hit was a far smaller download than updating the new one each month (over a period of time, of course). It would be a shame to start with a 13 GB patch now and then download a 15 GB patch next month for only several new lines of code.

Last edited:
the 13gb update is a pain in the as* for me. it took my crappy dsl connection half a day to finish it :banghead: i bought the retail disc for ps4 to avoid downloading large files if i go digital and this is what happens :(

the 13gb update is a pain in the as* for me. it took my crappy dsl connection half a day to finish it :banghead: i bought the retail disc for ps4 to avoid downloading large files if i go digital and this is what happens :(

I started at 10AM on release day and the patch got done downloading at midnight so I feel your pain.

ALSO @IanBell @The_American , while I was playing all day waiting for the patch to install, I noticed during practice/qualifying you could press a button (I think square) to speed up the countdown time. This eliminated the bug where if you skip to the end of the session and were dropped to last place. Please please bring that back

Last edited:
I started at 10AM on release day and the patch got done downloading at midnight so I feel your pain.

ALSO @IanBell @The_American , while I was playing all day waiting for the patch to install, I noticed during practice/qualifying you could press a button (I think square) to speed up the countdown time. This eliminated the bug where if you skip to the end of the session and were dropped to last place. Please please bring that back
My workaround is that you get a grid penalty. That has seemingly prevented the issue.

HMM. I noticed when racing Indy cars at Texas that whenever I blend on the track I get a warning and then after a few times of doing it I got a grid penalty and then would skip and keep my spot but never put 2 and 2 together.

Speaking of that. Where are you supposed to go onto track at Texas? I always get a warning/grid penalty no matter where I blend onto track.

Checked 1.13 on the PC version (friend, i have ps4). Interested in career mode only.

-Skipping qualifying now does work.
-Tyres not heating up still not working so still unplayable.
-set-up not saving.
-Ai better in Rain.

Final result: career mode still unplayable.

I hope to play career before xmas.

Last edited:
We need more animations. Starting animations, podium animations, disqualified/mech failure animations. Stuff that adds to the immersion.

We don't even have a way to look over the cars unless we use photo mode in game. There should be a virtual garage where we can walk around the car.

We need more animations. Starting animations, podium animations, disqualified/mech failure animations. Stuff that adds to the immersion.
Maybe in PC3 or 4, meanwhile F1 2017 has what you're looking for.

We don't even have a way to look over the cars unless we use photo mode in game. There should be a virtual garage where we can walk around the car.
What's the difference....

The difference is immersion. Imagine a animation of you and your teammate in the locker room or the garage just looking over the cars.

I just think the more motorsport animations they can introduce to the player, like the time themed pit crews; the more immersive the game becomes. This can be done with updates. Its nothing special ,press x to skip type stuff

Where is the patch for ps4? Beause this beta game is a joke....
They are developing the patch. I think a first set of fixes will be out in the next weeks. On pc they have already fixed something with a small update. On console It will be a bigger patch for sure.

The game fully working probably late november.

You have to be patient or sell the game and rebuy It when patches Will be out.

Last edited:
HMM. I noticed when racing Indy cars at Texas that whenever I blend on the track I get a warning and then after a few times of doing it I got a grid penalty and then would skip and keep my spot but never put 2 and 2 together.

Speaking of that. Where are you supposed to go onto track at Texas? I always get a warning/grid penalty no matter where I blend onto track.
There is a break in the white line on the back straight, I assume you stick on the apron around turn 1/2 and merge there.

@IanBell
Thanks for the fantastic game. Enjoy to play every day since release and in my opinion there are tons of content to play for years! 👍:bowdown:

One question I'd like to ask: The varnishes of the cars are great add a massive immersion to the races. Do you think about more varnishes/teams (e.g. Manthey and WRT, Falken etc. are already available) like Rowe or Land (this year winner of the 24h NOS)?

Back