Project CARS 2 Patch and Update Discussion

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,396 comments
Anyone else notice the menus starting to move faster on the PS4? The lag / skipping seem to have mostly gone away (as of last night) without me changing any settings or deleting saves, etc. Wonder if there was a server side patch / update.

Not sure. I did the full delete of tuning setups from the XMB and it was like brand new. Amazing. I thought I deleted everything in game but I went there and there were 15+ saves. I know it's not a proper fix but considering I drive with default setups it doesn't affect me at all. I like seeing how cars handle au naturel.

They were worst than ever for me last night.

Try driving a car with the default setup in an online or custom race. I'm curious if that has an effect. I checked again and my menu lag is gone. The only thing I've done is run an online session with some new cars and their default setups.

Is there a known issue of the difficulty slider not making any difference in quick race?

Seems to work for me but it seems to me like some tracks I can run 80 difficulty and others i'm 40-50. I just don't think it is balanced out well.

Is there a known issue of the difficulty slider not making any difference in quick race?

I noticed this the other day as well. I ran 1 race at 80 and seemed way harder than career mode and the next at 50 and it was virtually the same lap times being put in by the AI.

Anyone else notice the menus starting to move faster on the PS4? The lag / skipping seem to have mostly gone away (as of last night) without me changing any settings or deleting saves, etc. Wonder if there was a server side patch / update.

No. If anything it's getting worse every time I play. At first when the game released it took like 10-15 seconds to load but now it's taking a little over a minute to load. It's getting really frustrating.:ouch:

P2P on PS4 sadly.

I haven’t seen many posts complementing the game, think il stick with f1 for now until these issues are sorted. It really does beg the question, why release it when it’s clearly got too many issues ? Perhaps the devs didn’t listen to feedback, I don’t know. It’s really not acceptable to publish it and charge people for an unfinished product.

I haven’t seen many posts complementing the game, think il stick with f1 for now until these issues are sorted. It really does beg the question, why release it when it’s clearly got too many issues ? Perhaps the devs didn’t listen to feedback, I don’t know. It’s really not acceptable to publish it and charge people for an unfinished product.
They choose to rush it out infront of Forza & GTS, Honestly a March release would of been better imo as id imagine alot will hold off for those two anyway if they polished the game further and removed as many bugs as possible by March then alot people would of been getting bored of F & GTS.

I honestly think AC was in a worse shape at release with zero online cutomization, no private lobbies etc etc, it's just that people expect a polish and bugless product that nowadays happens only after a few patches... It's sad i know, but it's how thing work lately.

I mean, gt5 and 6 where in worse shape months/years after release than PCars2 is now. I would wait the upcoming patch before jumping the gun. I honestly have zero issues with it so far, yet some other have DC issues. There's a few problems in Career mode but it's honestly not something i care about, i prefer to race with real opponents from here on gtp.

So.... get a copy, rent or borrow it and make your own mind. Complainers are always extra vocal compared to those that are having a great time. The ones that are having fun do not spend days on the forum posting :D

Launch day was really a beta launch...With a LARGE pool of bug testers lol

But we know the below the surface, the game has A LOT to offer us, so we put up with it.

However, SMS, I see you reading this. Please get to fixin' the issues! :)

Man, I wish we could retire from a series in career mode. I made the mistake of choosing the ice rallyX series which is pretty much the worst thing I've ever experienced in a racing game! :lol:

Can't drive that surface at all. :(

Man, I wish we could retire from a series in career mode. I made the mistake of choosing the ice rallyX series which is pretty much the worst thing I've ever experienced in a racing game! :lol:

That's why I'm holding off from starting career until patch 2.0. Hopefully they remove snow events from motorsport series that don't have it. If I want to race in snow, I'll choose the appropriate series or set up custom race.

I feel your pain.

Is there any timeschedule on the PS4 patch? It was ok but 2 weeks of release without some sms love is starting to hecome unacceptable due to the amount if issues on the system.

Yeah but they've had 2 weeks after release the bugs that should have been ironed out before release should be fixed by now...
Its not just SMS, they also have to get it past the Sony/MS approval process.

Which takes as long as it takes, with Assetto Corsa, XB1 users were waiting an age for one patch to get through this process.

Which takes as long as it takes, with Assetto Corsa, XB1 users were waiting an age for one patch to get through this process.

While I understand that a bit. That makes the patch communication even more important. And if we knew that, they knew it before release.

And yeah sorry mate the game was ok but this is not an accrptable state for over a month. If that's what is going to happen they should've waited for release until a few extra of the obvious bugs are ironed out.

Also the waittime increase bug is unnacceptable... I feel like the PS version was not tested and really needs a WMD-group. Either that or give us a discount for using an inferiour product compared to PC users...

Last edited:

That happens when you want to be in a hurry....if I ask for a well done steak i mind well done...no medium...why They dont been tasting this before..?

While I understand that a bit. That makes the patch communication even more important. And if we knew that, they knew it before release.
In fairness we have had better communication from them in regard to this that we get from most devs.

And yeah sorry mate the game was ok but this is not an accrptable state for over a month. If that's what is going to happen they should've waited for release until a few extra of the obvious bugs are ironed out.
I quite agree it wasn't in a state it should have been, however we don't know if it was SMS that pushed for the release date or the publishers, at least it wasn't a No Man's Sky.

Also the waittime increase bug is unnacceptable... I feel like the PS version was not tested and really needs a WMD-group. Either that or give us a discount for using an inferiour product compared to PC users...
I agree that a console WMD would be ideal, and I hope they do it for the next title.

That happens when you want to be in a hurry....if I ask for a well done steak i mind well done...no medium...why They dont been tasting this before..?
Well done steak! That's just a horrible thing to do to a steak, medium rare at most.

In fairness we have had better communication from them in regard to this that we get from most devs.

I quite agree it wasn't in a state it should have been, however we don't know if it was SMS that pushed for the release date or the publishers, at least it wasn't a No Man's Sky.

I agree that a console WMD would be ideal, and I hope they do it for the next title.

Well done steak! That's just a horrible thing to do to a steak, medium rare at most.
Hahaha...i take rare to...But you know what i mind...

My sim time is limited , I had some fun at first but had enough with all the bugs for now , I loaded up PCars1 and it's still a blast .
I will wait for them to squash some bugs before I return to it.
It will get there in time but it's a mess in places currently , mind you reading some of the Forza 7 comments I don't think that's much better and considering the budget they have !!!

And yeah sorry mate the game was ok but this is not an accrptable state for over a month.

I was never the best in math but I don't think two weeks equals "over a month". Have a little patience, it takes time to gather up all the bug reports, identify the problems, develop solutions, test the solutions, and then wait for MS/Sony to verify the patch.

Back