Project CARS 2 Patch and Update Discussion

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,396 comments
I was never the best in math but I don't think two weeks equals "over a month". Have a little patience, it takes time to gather up all the bug reports, identify the problems, develop solutions, test the solutions, and then wait for MS/Sony to verify the patch.

Your mathnis still fine ;)

A month in my opinion is the timewindow where I would start finding it unacceptable. Saying it would be unacceptable to not havr a fix after 2 weeks is a little to much in my opinion. Sorry for not beeing clear :P

Its not just SMS, they also have to get it past the Sony/MS approval process.

Which takes as long as it takes, with Assetto Corsa, XB1 users were waiting an age for one patch to get through this process.

True. And the good thing is, once SMS sends that patch over to the console boys for approval, they are not standing idle waiting. Fixes for the next patch will already be ongoing.

Your mathnis still fine ;)

A month in my opinion is the timewindow where I would start finding it unacceptable. Saying it would be unacceptable to not havr a fix after 2 weeks is a little to much in my opinion. Sorry for not beeing clear :P

Well, you're probably in for disappointment then. Seeing as the MS/Sony approval process alone can take up to two weeks I'd say a month is the minimum time you could expect for a patch to be put together, tested, approved, and released. Maybe just enjoy the working parts for now and wait for the other stuff to be fixed?

This update needs to happen soon for us console people. I've reached a point in career mode (high strung race cars) where I really need to make adjustments to my cars in order to make them competitive. I'm getting sick of having to run stock setups on low difficulty AI. God forbid I save car setups because the game stalls if I save anything.

We went from "days" to weeks... I was kind of hoping to see something sooner too... I don't believe in the 2 weeks approval process. Some other AAA titles get emergency patches a few days after release.. those were not planned weeks ahead. Im kind at a point where I'd like to dig a little deeper in settings etc but this is where all the minor bugs are really getting more and more annoying

We went from "days" to weeks... I was kind of hoping to see something sooner too... I don't believe in the 2 weeks approval process. Some other AAA titles get emergency patches a few days after release.. those were not planned weeks ahead. Im kind at a point where I'd like to dig a little deeper in settings etc but this is where all the minor bugs are really getting more and more annoying

SMS is not a AAA studio. Generally the studio has to pay extra on top of the normal approval fees to get express approval of patches.

Even Kunos managed to do a quick update for Assetto Corsa on ps4 once, after they messed up the steering/degrees of rotation in many cars in one of their patches. So it's definitely not impossible even for a smaller studio. Hope we will hear something next week..

Even Kunos managed to do a quick update for Assetto Corsa on ps4 once, after they messed up the steering/degrees of rotation in many cars in one of their patches. So it's definitely not impossible even for a smaller studio. Hope we will hear something next week..

Yep, and they very likely paid extra to have it expedited but you can't expect a small studio to pay that extra cost every time. On consoles the studios have to pay Sony/MS for every update approval process so they tend to wait until they have several fixes and upgrades ready so they can deploy them all at once, much more economically feasible that way. But in emergency situations they can pay extra to have the approval rushed through.

Well, you're probably in for disappointment then. Seeing as the MS/Sony approval process alone can take up to two weeks I'd say a month is the minimum time you could expect for a patch to be put together, tested, approved, and released. Maybe just enjoy the working parts for now and wait for the other stuff to be fixed?

How about just enjoying to opening intro for now? That's pretty much all I'm prepared to do right now until whatever patches for Pcars2 on PS4 is released.

How about just enjoying to opening intro for now? That's pretty much all I'm prepared to do right now until whatever patches for Pcars2 on PS4 is released.

Each to their own. I'm hot lapping different cars, learning new tracks, doing some online races with friends, haven't really encountered any bugs yet that prevent me from enjoying those things.

There is about 15 bugs on consoles. And some weird inconsistencies with Ffb and/or tire models as well as ai and car tuning saves. I've been having a lot of fun with the game too but I'm done scratching the surface and playing the preview version.

Talking of the opening movie is it a washed out pale colour for anyone else? is it meant to be like this?

Project CARS 2_20171006183339.jpg Project CARS 2_20171006183343.jpg Project CARS 2_20171006183346.jpg Project CARS 2_20171006183405.jpg Project CARS 2_20171006183408.jpg Project CARS 2_20171006183422.jpg , also i had a bright green screen before it started tonight.

Nah, something's definitely off. Mine looks nice and vibrant, not washed out at all.
You on PC? It's like that on the PS4 Pro version and standard PS4, I think something has went wrong with the PS4 version right at the end because apart from the Hud/Menu's the game looks complete garbage including that intro video as well as Ian saying a week before release there was no jaggies in the Playstation versions and then on release it's just a complete jaggy mess. Is it possible for such a major mishap to happen just before release?

Last edited:
Each to their own. I'm hot lapping different cars, learning new tracks, doing some online races with friends, haven't really encountered any bugs yet that prevent me from enjoying those things.

You on PC, Xbox or PS4?

Talking of the opening movie is it a washed out pale colour for anyone else? is it meant to be like this?

View attachment 677837 View attachment 677838 View attachment 677839 View attachment 677840 View attachment 677841 View attachment 677842 , also i had a bright green screen before it started tonight.
I get a grey screen for around 6 seconds before the intro movie plays, The thing is the grey screen wasn't happening the first few times i played the game. It started to happen after

I get a grey screen for around 6 seconds before the intro movie plays, The thing is the grey screen wasn't happening the first few times i played the game. It started to happen after

the grey/green screen is all the same thing... its supposed to be a black fade in to the opening sequence... but it's washed out on ps4 so now its grey + the menu lag make it get stuck there before the video starts... every cut scene video is washed out on ps4 (and pro).. the career presentations for each motorsport and the trophies unlock videos

My ps4 is currently installing version 1.03.

Is this the new update? I thought i already had this as the day one patch??
If it is the day one patch, how come it is installed for the second time? Is there someone here who had the same experience?

My ps4 is currently installing version 1.03.

Is this the new update? I thought i already had this as the day one patch??
If it is the day one patch, how come it is installed for the second time? Is there someone here who had the same experience?
I just checked and got nothing.

Back