Project CARS 2 Patch and Update Discussion

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,396 comments
Im quite new to this stuff, but i wanna know how to download one of these patches for my xbox one. its being a real pain the game with pitstop glitches the usual qualy skip glitch and stuff like that. not only that the game is missing stuff that made the first game good like time progression etc. anyone know if theyll implement this into a patch or update. Anyway the real question im asking is, how do i get this patch 1.03 and whats in it

It gets even weirder... after i had to install update 1.03 again, i now had to reinstall the motorsports pack again... luckily my system remembered that i have bought the season pass... but now the japanese pack is Gone! Since its no dlc, i cannot think of how zo get the cars back! What is going on here? What in all this is broken? Any help is highly appreciated.

Edit: Is it possible to delete and install it again? Or is the season pass gone if i do this?

It gets even weirder... after i had to install update 1.03 again, i now had to reinstall the motorsports pack again... luckily my system remembered that i have bought the season pass... but now the japanese pack is Gone! Since its no dlc, i cannot think of how zo get the cars back! What is going on here? What in all this is broken? Any help is highly appreciated.

Edit: Is it possible to delete and install it again? Or is the season pass gone if i do this?
All the things you have previously downloaded should be saved in your PS4 Library. Your console automatically makes a record of everything downloaded to it and can be redownloaded from that library menu.

All the things you have previously downloaded should be saved in your PS4 Library. Your console automatically makes a record of everything downloaded to it and can be redownloaded from that library menu.

So it is safe to delete and reinstall it without losing something? Because of course i want the japanese car pack back.

So it is safe to delete and reinstall it without losing something? Because of course i want the japanese car pack back.
Yes, anything you have legally installed on your PS4 through the Playstation store can be deleted and reinstalled at a later date. The only incovenience is that you have to go through the download process and waiting time.

Yes, anything you have legally installed on your PS4 through the Playstation store can be deleted and reinstalled at a later date. The only incovenience is that you have to go through the download process and waiting time.

Thanks a lot mate, i appreciate the quick will to help. Now i have found the japanese car pack without deleting anything. It was in the category „your add ons“.

Eagerly awaiting the first patch to sort out the Qualfying/Tyre bugs - i cant really continue with career properly with that happening. Pretty disappointing to say i paid £75 for the deluxe version!

Il have to go back to F1 2017 career mode in the meantime,which actually feels like a 'finished' game.

Nope!

I started the practice finished the qually exited as bedtime was there.

Next day go online to race. When I want to finish my race I see it skipped the previous race. No racers got points I got 1point frim fastest qually.

I've encountered the bug multiple times by now. Yet I have not actively tried to reproduce it.

Is it a known bug? Was this reported allready?

Sounds to me like you have family members messing with your career while you're asleep. Or your dog...

Yeah that's it. That explains how the ai didn't even score any points. I'm running lmp3 have done 1 race have the championship lead with 27 points (2 for those 2 qualifiers and 25 for a win) the second place was secind in the race and thus has 18 championshippoints.

I have no girlfriend no kids no pets,....

When is the patch coming on PS4? Did a couple of races on GT Sport Beta Demo , and I have to say.... I just loved it. I'm using the standard PS4 paddle, and even though it's sure the driving is a bit less precise in GT Sport than in PC2, it felt like driving a car, in the corners and at turns exit. It seems they have achieved a perfect compromise in terms of drivability and realism. I didn't have to be 200% focused on not pressing too hard the brakes and enjoyed a AI which was on the same track than me with the exact same abilities than my car.

At the end of the day it's just a game that I want to enjoy and not getting mad at it every time I'm playing it.

So, the PC2 patch should better arrive this week... just saying.

Would like to know the % of day one purchasers still playing PC2 V1 (or V0.5?) as of now.

I can't believe I am saying this, since I couldn't care less about multiplayer, but after trying the GTS demo, my copy of PC2 is going back to the shop and GTS is coming home next week. I think developers that care about their products should be rewarded. SMS released another mess (again) and this has already become a pattern. Patches are coming? Ok. What do you mean? More patches after the initial 12GB on day one? What was the state of the game before that patch? I don't wanna know. In my first practice in Donington, nothing complicated, one Lotus 49 in Donington in a sunny day. My mechanic inside the wall waving his arms and in the replay my Lotus doing laps on three wheels, with objects and textures popping in front me and shadows and trees flickering in the background. This on a PS4 pro.

I can't believe I am saying this, since I couldn't care less about multiplayer, but after trying the GTS demo, my copy of PC2 is going back to the shop and GTS is coming home next week. I think developers that care about their products should be rewarded. SMS released another mess (again) and this has already become a pattern. Patches are coming? Ok. What do you mean? More patches after the initial 12GB on day one? What was the state of the game before that patch? I don't wanna know. In my first practice in Donington, nothing complicated, one Lotus 49 in Donington in a sunny day. My mechanic inside the wall waving his arms and in the replay my Lotus doing laps on three wheels, with objects and textures popping in front me and shadows and trees flickering in the background. This on a PS4 pro.

I think I'm doing the same... So much bad memories of PC1 came back with playing PC2... I don't have the patience to wait a decent release. A few months after PC1, SMS announced PC2; please don't do this mistake this time. Just hire programmers and fix the damn game.

It did feel good not having to be in menu's for a quarter of the time i was playing GTS or menu's constantly hanging, Online was alot of fun as well due to how easy the cars are to race with the more arcadey physics, It looked good too but when going back to PCars and using the same Porsche Cayman you could tell that PCars was just a level above. Im a very harsh critic of PCars and really so should all of us PS4 owners after the state it released but after playing GTS it did make me appreciate PCars more. I just hope SMS can sort the game out and fix the glaring issues very very soon.

I think developers that care about their products should be rewarded

Certainly you are not talking about Poly ?

How soon we forget the some of the past issues. You want to reward them for being year late on release?
track map, they really cared, two years late.

The list goes on and on and on..............

GTS is an arcade racing game, which is perfectly fine, no issues. The chevy edition.
PC2 is more of a sim racing game. Better physics, feel, and handling. The Cadillac edition.

Why bash one game over the other. You are trying to compare apples to oranges, Kanye to Bruce Sprinsteen.

Enjoy both games,

GTS is an arcade racing game, which is perfectly fine, no issues. The chevy edition.
PC2 is more of a sim racing game. Better physics, feel, and handling. The Cadillac edition.

Why bash one game over the other. You are trying to compare apples to oranges, Kanye to Bruce Sprinsteen.

Enjoy both games,
Does this not mean they are both bangers? :D

Would like to know the % of day one purchasers still playing PC2 V1 (or V0.5?) as of now.

I got it on launch day and I'm still playing it every night. But I don't and won't ever do the online stuff so maybe it's just my little corner of the game that's working for me. I'm on Xbox One so there are still issues but reducing the field below 16 cars made it a lot better until either a patch arrives to fix it or Xbox One X comes out.

I had an absolute dogfight of a GT4 race last night with the AI at Brands Hatch so I'm still having a lot of fun right now.

Certainly you are not talking about Poly ?

How soon we forget the some of the past issues. You want to reward them for being year late on release?
track map, they really cared, two years late.

You'll agree that as long as the game is not released, you don't spend a euro for it , right. That's respectful ! Immensely frustrating but at least they care about the product quality.

I got it on launch day and I'm still playing it every night. But I don't and won't ever do the online stuff so maybe it's just my little corner of the game that's working for me. I'm on Xbox One so there are still issues but reducing the field below 16 cars made it a lot better until either a patch arrives to fix it or Xbox One X comes out.

I had an absolute dogfight of a GT4 race last night with the AI at Brands Hatch so I'm still having a lot of fun right now.

You can't play in career mode to say that lol. I have tried big time playing only career cause I'm not a big fan of monoclass monotrack GT3 @monza either, but the obstacles to enjoyment were just too big. And running just single races is maybe fun, but not time effective.

You can't play in career mode to say that lol. I have tried big time playing only career cause I'm not a big fan of monoclass monotrack GT3 @monza either, but the obstacles to enjoyment were just too big. And running just single races is maybe fun, but not time effective.

You are correct there, career is another thing that I don't do in racing games anymore. So I guess I should have kept my mouth shut, lol.

You are correct there, career is another thing that I don't do in racing games anymore. So I guess I should have kept my mouth shut, lol.

That's alright lol . We all probably come from a time we had racing games with 3 tracks and played years with them (Virtua Racing, Daytona USA) I think you're right we should come back at the pleasure of "single race-ing".

Back