Project CARS 2 Rigs

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 180 comments
Using the G29 with a PlaySeat Challenge. Would have to be a meteor strike causing the loss of G29 Support for it to not be supported in game.

G29+Shifter on a stand of my own design. it started life as a night table with drawer and has morphed so much I don't even recognize that form anymore. The pedals need to be moved back an inch or so, I just have to get some M6 bolts to fit better. Underneath the wood I have a straight line drilled out for all three rows of screws so I can slide it any distance and then tighten it in place. Very adjustable. I also want to adjust the shifter. It feels good but I've never driven a manual so idk where it should be exactly on the XYZ axis. Only modification is that I took the rubber stopper out of the brake pedal. It was too much resistance for my liking

Last edited:
The largest version of Ikea curved desk with a G27 mounted to it, I am itching to get a proper rig ie a small and compact one that looks like a camping chair because I am tired of sliding away form the pedalset when breaking hard on the Marcus office chair from ikea :P

Last edited:
The largest version of Ikea cuved desk with a G27 mounted, I am ithcing to get a proper rig ie a small and compact one that looks like a camping chair because I am tired of sliding away form the pedalset when breaking hard on the Marcus office chair from ikea :P

Have you tried non-slip castor cups?

images

Due to limited space:

The playseat challenge how big of an improvement is it compared to a deskchair and a desk?

I get these pains driving and am wondering if it is me beeing new to this or because the chair can twist, you're never really in that perfect set up...

Yet the price on the thing is ridiculess so I am wondering if I should buy it or not. If they took of 50€ from that price I'd not be wondering at all.

Go to Ricmotech's website and buy the blueprints they have. It's 1:1 so they are mailed to you and you buy the wood and materials needed. All in all it's a little under $200 USD which might be more worth it. If you're a handyman.

Using the G29 with a PlaySeat Challenge. Would have to be a meteor strike causing the loss of G29 Support for it to not be supported in game.

Hi guys,

First off, thanks to all of you for many hours of (mainly) great and interesting reading on various topics on the entire forum!

For the past many years I've enjoyed countless hours of racing in an ever increasing number of racing games. However, always using the controller/keyboard as I never made the jump to a wheel+rig setup (shame on me I know).
As a major fan of PC1 I'm of course also super excited about the upcomming sequel which is the main reason I finally decided to get me dirty paws on a wheel and rig to get the full experience which the game can offer!
So far I consider buying the G29 and a playseat challenge for the ps4.
But how much do we actually know about supported wheels for PC2 at this point? I would simply hate acquiring a wheel and having to change it within only a few months.

Not much help from google, so I'm putting my trust in you guys!
Thanks
/CFloee

Hi guys,

First off, thanks to all of you for many hours of (mainly) great and interesting reading on various topics on the entire forum!

For the past many years I've enjoyed countless hours of racing in an ever increasing number of racing games. However, always using the controller/keyboard as I never made the jump to a wheel+rig setup (shame on me I know).
As a major fan of PC1 I'm of course also super excited about the upcomming sequel which is the main reason I finally decided to get me dirty paws on a wheel and rig to get the full experience which the game can offer!
So far I consider buying the G29 and a playseat challenge for the ps4.
But how much do we actually know about supported wheels for PC2 at this point? I would simply hate acquiring a wheel and having to change it within only a few months.

Not much help from google, so I'm putting my trust in you guys!
Thanks
/CFloee
Have a look here to see the wheels they supported for PC1. Can't see a reason why many of those would be removed.

nobody i know from WMD had to buy a new wheel for pCars2 (PC).
The only problem is Fanatac not supported by Sony in new games. If you own Thrustmaster or Logitec compatibles to consoles there should be no problem using as usual

I have a Xbox one with a Logitech G920 + H shifter + Classic Playseat from Playseat.com.
I also have a Fanatec CSR but this is not longer supportet on xbox :( I will sell it in the next time.

How portable is the GT Omega?
I find it fine. I keep it aside 2m away, and don't fold it down when not in use, but lifting it into position is no prob. When loaded with your wheel and pedal box it is relatively heavy, which helps provide good stability, but you wouldn't want to have to carry it too far.

It is a stand I am very happy with.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the T500 is going to be supported on PCars 2 please?
I've heard rumours that it's days are up.

Nah, I usually turn the wheels of the chair to point side wise to solve the problem but sometimes it is not enough hehe.

But good suggestion.

I would suggest getting a Playseat Challenge. It's expensive for what it is but the best option if you can't have a static rig. I have one and it's great.

Latest Posts

Back