Project CARS 2 Rigs

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 180 comments
My rig is in my signature, and I would also strongly recommend the Playseat Challenge.

Due to limited space:

The playseat challenge how big of an improvement is it compared to a deskchair and a desk?

I get these pains driving and am wondering if it is me beeing new to this or because the chair can twist, you're never really in that perfect set up...

Yet the price on the thing is ridiculess so I am wondering if I should buy it or not. If they took of 50€ from that price I'd not be wondering at all.
Yes, it is. The challenge is so comfy that i use it with a warmer on my back when it acts up. Depending on your weight you might have to mod it a bit.
Just be aware of the height requirements, no shorter than 1m73cm and not much taller than 2m. SimHQ did a review a while back.

Just added some T3PA Pro pedals to my rig.

IMG_20170730_213613.jpg

And very nice they are to.

T300 GTE ( I preferred the buttons without the PlayStation button logo's )

T3PA Pro's , Single 47inch LG
Playseat Challenge.

The Playseat Challenge is perfect for just folding away with wheel and pedals attached and carrying away. Very Sturdy and comfy

T500RS + H Pattern Shifter +choice of rims
Single 50 inch
Wheelstand Pro
450W RMS 5.1 surround sound
Buttkicker Advance + Aura Pro's + Sinus Live's
PS4 Pro
Extra comfy 3 seat sofa + leather upholstered custom centre console
Understanding Wife + Offspring
Very important part of the rig! Understanding wife with very low forceful feedback setting. :sly:

My Rig
PC (i5-6600K/ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Edition/32GB DDR4)
SimuCUBE based OSW kit MiGE 130ST-M10010 20Nm 10000ppr (40000cpr)/OMP Superquadro panel w/ SLI - Pololo Instruments (Leopoldo Ramirez)/HPP Simulation 3P-PRX-SE Pedal Set/Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5/4play racing 8020 racing chassis with Racing Seat/HTC Vive With Deluxe Audio Strap/4K UHD Smart LED TV - 55”

As Backup, I still have the following:
Thrustmaster T300 RS Wheel Base with Standard Rim
TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On Rim
Thrustmaster 599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition Rim
Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO 3-Pedal (Conical Rubber Brake Mod)

My advice is to do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions, but most of all, try to get the best stuff you can because if you really enjoy this, you will just keep upgrading and in the end it will still cost you a small fortune.

Last edited:
PS4 Pro
T500RS and F1 Rim
T3PA Pro Pedals
TH8A Shifter
Custom Handbrake
Button Box
Custom Built Rig and Bride Race Seat

Pumped for PJC-2!

View attachment 656067

T500RS + H Pattern Shifter +choice of rims
Single 50 inch
Wheelstand Pro
450W RMS 5.1 surround sound
Buttkicker Advance + Aura Pro's + Sinus Live's
PS4 Pro
Extra comfy 3 seat sofa + leather upholstered custom centre console
Understanding Wife + Offspring

View attachment 664674

Guys, you might want to head over to the official PCars forums and post in the thread I've linked below.
It's not looking good for us T500 users.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Wheels-(PS4)-(Especially-Question-on-T500rs)

RSeat RS1 with T300 Ferrari Alcantara and F1 Rim. Used to have PlaySeat challenge. Loved the challenge, but wanted to step up my game.

GT Sport beta is T500 compatible so it seems crazy to think they wouldn't support it because it was on the previous game on the same platform, do you think Sony would release an update to un-support T500 specifically and 🤬 over every T500 user?
The T500 was made for the PS3 on Gran Turismo was it not? People invest a lot of money into wheels and if Sony do this to us, I'm done, time to get a PC.

GT Sport beta is T500 compatible so it seems crazy to think they wouldn't support it because it was on the previous game on the same platform, do you think Sony would release an update to un-support T500 specifically and 🤬 over every T500 user?
The T500 was made for the PS3 on Gran Turismo was it not? People invest a lot of money into wheels and if Sony do this to us, I'm done, time to get a PC.

There's every chance that Thrustmater themselves want to see it phased out. They've a shiny new wheel to sell after all.

Chances are the last console game to fully support it could be Assetto Corsa.

It's not on the supported peripherals list for Dirt 4 either. It looks bad.

What the point in buying racing wheels if after a few years, they stop supporting it?

Edit: Actually I know the answer, it's to sell new wheels but if they pull a stunt like this then I'm not buying another one. I spent £400ish on T500rs only 2 years ago.

I seriously need to get my man cave tidied up so I can post some new pics...... LOL

Basic rig is PC based as follows:

• Gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3 Rev 6 motherboard
  • AMD FX-8370 CPU 4.2 GHz
  • Zotac GTX950 Amp! Edition GPU
  • 12 GB RAM
  • 3 x 27" Samsung monitors
  • 1 x 24" Samsung monitor
  • Fanatec CSW v2.5 base
  • Fanatec BMW M3 GT2 rim
  • Fanatec Formula Black Rim
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Load Cell pedals
  • DIY button box with Samsung 7" tablet for secondary dash
  • Samsung Galaxy S2 phone (wheel base mounted) as primary dash
  • DIY Wooden rig (based loosely on Ricmotech design)
  • Seat from 2005 Ford Focus

Guys, you might want to head over to the official PCars forums and post in the thread I've linked below.
It's not looking good for us T500 users.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-Wheels-(PS4)-(Especially-Question-on-T500rs)

Copied from the Q/A

Guys T500 is supported on PS4, it's down to the game developer to decide. This is from the Thrustmaster website.

EN - Your racing wheel is Force Feedback-capable on PlayStation®4 (*) with:
FR - Votre volant est Force Feedback sur PlayStation®4 (*) avec:
DE - Ihr Rennlenker ist auf der PlayStation®4 (*) Force-Feedback geeignet mit:

- ASSETTO CORSA
- DiRT RALLY™
- DiRT RALLY™ VR
- DiRT® 4
- DRIVECLUB™
- DRIVECLUB™ VR
- F1 2015
- F1 2016
- F1 2017
- GRAN TURISMO® Sport
- GRAVEL
- Nascar Heat Evolution
- Nascar Heat 2
- PROJECT CARS
- PROJECT CARS 2
- SEBASTIEN LOEB RALLY EVO
- THE CREW™
- THE CREW™ WILD RUN
- WRC 5
- WRC 6
- WRC 7

(*)EN - T500 RS: PlayStation®4 compatibility : This decision is upon each game developer and will therefore vary from racing game to racing game. In the event of upward compatibility with PS4™ racing games, the T500 RS racing wheel will only be recognized in the game, and not in the console’s menus. Please note that the “SHARE” and “PS” functions will not work on the wheel in PS4™ racing games. Nevertheless you can still use your gamepad for these 2 specific functions.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/

Copied from the Q/A

Guys T500 is supported on PS4, it's down to the game developer to decide. This is from the Thrustmaster website.

- ASSETTO CORSA
- DiRT RALLY™
- DiRT RALLY™ VR
- DiRT® 4
- DRIVECLUB™
- DRIVECLUB™ VR
- F1 2015
- F1 2016
- F1 2017
- GRAN TURISMO® Sport
- GRAVEL
- Nascar Heat Evolution
- Nascar Heat 2
- PROJECT CARS
- PROJECT CARS 2
- THE CREW™
- THE CREW™ WILD RUN
- WRC 5
- WRC 6
- WRC 7

(*)EN - T500 RS: PlayStation®4 compatibility : This decision is upon each game developer and will therefore vary from racing game to racing game. In the event of upward compatibility with PS4™ racing games, the T500 RS racing wheel will only be recognized in the game, and not in the console’s menus. Please note that the “SHARE” and “PS” functions will not work on the wheel in PS4™ racing games. Nevertheless you can still use your gamepad for these 2 specific functions.

Thank you for posting that Markeez.

Copied from the Q/A

- ASSETTO CORSA
- DiRT RALLY™
- DiRT RALLY™ VR
- DiRT® 4
- DRIVECLUB™
- DRIVECLUB™ VR
- F1 2015
- F1 2016
- F1 2017
- GRAN TURISMO® Sport
- GRAVEL
- Nascar Heat Evolution
- Nascar Heat 2
- PROJECT CARS
- PROJECT CARS 2
- THE CREW™
- THE CREW™ WILD RUN
- WRC 5
- WRC 6
- WRC 7

That means very little man, think about it. Dirt 4 is on that list and yet the T500 is not on Code Masters official peripherals list.

Screenshot_20170731-222508.png

Fanatec wheels worked on the PS4 also, right up until they didn't. Only the recently released one works now.
And this was only announced a couple of days before Assetto Corsa was released. Lots of people were hung out to dry.

Please post in the thread I linked above on the official SMS forums.
We need to find out sooner rather than later where we stand.

That means very little man, think about it. Dirt 4 is on that list and yet the T500 is not on Code Masters official peripherals list.

View attachment 665617

Fanatec wheels worked on the PS4 also, right up until they didn't. Only the recently released one works now.
And this was only announced a couple of days before Assetto Corsa was released. Lots of people were hung out to dry.

Please post in the thread I linked above on the official SMS forums.
We need to find out sooner rather than later where we stand.

Surely that is down to Codemasters? I got this information from the forum you linked so I dont need to post it again.
To me it sounds more like a bug, because they are saying the game recognises it, and then after a few minutes it disconnects, i think his wording in the forum was wrong.

Surely that is down to Codemasters? I got this information from the forum you linked so I dont need to post it again.
To me it sounds more like a bug, because they are saying the game recognises it, and then after a few minutes it disconnects, i think his wording in the forum was wrong.

That stuff you posted is from Thrustmater man, not from SMS.
The wording on the Codemasters forums isn't wrong either, that's an official response from them to questions as to why the T500 won't work on Dirt 4.

You seriously can't smell a rat here?

That stuff you posted is from Thrustmater man, not from SMS.
The wording on the Codemasters forums isn't wrong either, that's an official response from them to questions as to why the T500 won't work on Dirt 4.

You seriously can't smell a rat here?

My T500 didn't work properly on Dirt 3 either (a PS3 title), but works fine on PC1. I'm not expecting a problem with PC2 as I didn't have one with PC1.

Ready for September 22nd ...
(In the meantime still used of course :D)

SimLab P1 80/20 rig with integrated triple screen brackets.
Sparco seat.
Three BENQ 27" 144 Hz monitors.
Two tablets for pCars Dash / RS Dash.
Logitech Z906 5.1 surround set.
Logitech BT illuminated keyboard.
Logitech BT trackball mouse.
Fanatec CSW V2 base with Porsche 918 RSR and Formula Carbon rims, soon to be replaced by Fanatec or other DD wheel.
Fanatec CSW shifter.
Heusinkveld Pro pedals.
Heusinkveld SQ shifter.
IgnitionControls button box.

P1010644.jpg

Last edited:
Back