Project CARS 2 Rigs

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 180 comments
That stuff you posted is from Thrustmater man, not from SMS.
The wording on the Codemasters forums isn't wrong either, that's an official response from them to questions as to why the T500 won't work on Dirt 4.

You seriously can't smell a rat here?

Ill believe it when SMS comes out and say T500 is not supported on PS4, I can't believe it wouldn't since PC1 supports it.

I obviously won't be happy if they don't support it, because I won't be buying otherwise and I'm sure a lot more won't either, ALOT of people have T500.

Edit: and another thing, we buy the T500 on what Thrustmaster tells us, they specifically say that T500 is supported on PS4 IN GAME, not on menus and then list all the PS4 games it can be used.

Race Rig 1.jpg
Race Rig 2.jpg
Race Rig 3.jpg

Here is my home built rig:

T300 and all the normal Thrusmaster stuff
Inverted G27 pedals with GTEye Springs

I'm currently looking at buying:

3.7GHz Quad Core AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB of 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
1080p monitor

What sort of frames would you get if you run everything on High/Ultra on PC2?

16GB of 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
1080p monitor

From what I've seen and heard, I would think you would be able to get at least a steady 60, maybe someone from WMD or SMS can confirm that..

From what I've seen and heard, I would think you would be able to get at least a steady 60, maybe someone from WMD or SMS can confirm that..

I'd rather have over 60FPS, prefer to have lower graphic settings and the game run smoother than high graphics and it struggles. :) but that's good to hear, hope someone from WMD can give some advice.

Providing my PWTS still works on PC2, it will be that along with my GT Omega ART that I just ordered a few days ago. Should have it Friday. I will post pics once I get it set up.

16GB of 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
1080p monitor

Phew good question.
I have an i7 6700K at 4.3GHz, also 16GB ram and a GTX1080. Everything up to ultra but no msaa only smaa(is it called like this?) With some Supersampling.
Rain effects + full grid = 70-80fps.
Good weather + full grid = 100fps.
Alone on track (around 120fps).

Everything with OBS recording in the background (nvenc... H264 takes way too much FPS).

Maybe you can translate that to your planned system :-D

Phew good question.
I have an i7 6700K at 4.3GHz, also 16GB ram and a GTX1080. Everything up to ultra but no msaa only smaa(is it called like this?) With some Supersampling.
Rain effects + full grid = 70-80fps.
Good weather + full grid = 100fps.
Alone on track (around 120fps).

Everything with OBS recording in the background (nvenc... H264 takes way too much FPS).

Maybe you can translate that to your planned system :-D

I'd be more than happy with PS4 level of graphics but with a higher frame rate.

Maybe car and track detail to high but other things to medium/low depending on what I see the most.

What does msaa and smaa mean, sorry for noob questions but I'm new to PC.

Also is vsync locking the frames to match the Tv? What benefit would this have with it being on or off, if my computer runs frames higher than what my tv can show, what happens to the frames?

I'd be more than happy with PS4 level of graphics but with a higher frame rate.

Maybe car and track detail to high but other things to medium/low depending on what I see the most.

What does msaa and smaa mean, sorry for noob questions but I'm new to PC.

Also is vsync locking the frames to match the Tv? What benefit would this have with it being on or off, if my computer runs frames higher than what my tv can show, what happens to the frames?

MSAA and SMAA are 2 different forms of ant-aliasing. This is a mechanism that helps smooth edges, especially on curved lines. In racing games it tends to be most noticeable on the track edges and curb edges, especially some distance up the road from you.

As for vsync, it does lock the game's frame rate to the monitor's refresh rate. It does also have an impact on visual input lag. With pCARS1 at least it is recommended to use it if you are drving with keyboard or controller, but NOT use it if you are driving with a wheel.

As to your planned system specs, they look good. My current system is as follows:

- AMD FX-8370 @ 4.0GHz
- 12 GB RAM
- Zotac GTX950 Amp! Edition with 2GB

I am also running triple screens +1 which puts a fair bit of load on the video card. As a result, my settings are a bit lower than expected in order to maintain FPS. Most settings are on MEDIUM with a few on HIGH. I'm still holding 50+ FPS in a full 32 car grid in a Thunderstorm at Le Mans.

With clear skies I am running an average of 90 FPS with a 32 car grid.

MSAA and SMAA are 2 different forms of anti-aliasing. This is a mechanism that helps smooth edges, especially on curved lines. In racing games it tends to be most noticeable on the track edges and curb edges, especially some distance up the road from you.

As for vsync, it does lock the game's frame rate to the monitor's refresh rate. It does also have an impact on visual input lag. With pCARS1 at least it is recommended to use it if you are drving with keyboard or controller, but NOT use it if you are driving with a wheel.

As to your planned system specs, they look good. My current system is as follows:

- AMD FX-8370 @ 4.0GHz
- 12 GB RAM
- Zotac GTX950 Amp! Edition with 2GB

I am also running triple screens +1 which puts a fair bit of load on the video card. As a result, my settings are a bit lower than expected in order to maintain FPS. Most settings are on MEDIUM with a few on HIGH. I'm still holding 50+ FPS in a full 32 car grid in a Thunderstorm at Le Mans.

With clear skies I am running an average of 90 FPS with a 32 car grid.

Yeah I'll only be using 1 monitor at 1080p resolution, so you would use MSAA or SMAA if your screen resolution makes the curved edges jagged?

For example, if I had a good PC that can run everything at ultra, I wouldnt need to use any anti-aliasing?, but for my PC if I turn things down to low/medium, I would start to get some jagged edges and to fix that without hitting my performance, I would use MSAA/SMAA? am i getting this right?

Last edited:
Yeah I'll only be using 1 monitor at 1080p resolution, so you would use MSAA or SMAA if your screen resolution makes the curved edges jagged?

For example, if I had a good PC that can run everything at ultra, I wouldnt need to use any anti-aliasing?, but for my PC if I turn things down to low/medium, I would start to get some jagged edges and to fix that without hitting my performance, I would use MSAA/SMAA? am i getting this right?

No, even on Ultra you will use some form of AA. There are several to choose from so it will be a case of trial and error.

Check out this link for more detailed explanaitions and some guidance on other graphics settings within pCARS1.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ical-TroubleShooting-Steps-WIP-NO-CHAT-PLEASE

My rig came a day early!! Just gotta mount the shifter and finish up the wiring tomorrow. Can't wait to finally play some Project Cars!!

First off Fed Ex was amazing! My rig was in the UK last night and at my house in Florida this morning!

Now on to the rig. It's really great quality especially for the price. Solid as a rock and very comfortable. I think I actually like this seat better than the one in my real car! Lol I totally recommend the GT Omega ART for anyone looking for a rig in the $400 range.

IMG_20170817_123028868.jpg
IMG_20170817_123016263.jpg
IMG_20170817_122949077.jpg

Nice. I have my tv set up like that too with it slightly below where the wheel comes up to. I customize each cars seat by having the dash just visible. Above the bottom of the screen and it feels like my car

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1497363934/?tag=gtplanet-20

Has anyone looked into this? I plan on using it to build a full seat assembly that attaches to my stand. My stand is already pretty much the same shape as this but without being raised off the ground so much. So basically the seat height will be lower than what he has but everything else looks good and sturdy. And simple which I like.

Are you serious though or was this just a joke in seeing what the most expensive of each part would add up to? That's crazy expensive dude

What? It seems like an awful lot to spend on a gaming PC. I've heard you can get top quality for under $2000. I don't know your salary so there's that... I don't know where I'm going with this post sorry

Back