Project CARS 2 Will Feature Fully Manual Animated Pit Stops

In other news, the Mclaren 720S is in the game as is the 2016 IndyCar cars. :lol:

In all seriousness, I know there's more information on it now which is why it's posted. :)

This is a nice feature, but difficult to do accurately - for instance modern touring cars use a large centre nut fitted by an air wrench, but historic ones use a four or five stud fixing and manual wrench, while historic sports cars use a knock on / knock off centre nut fitted by a mallet. The picture looks a bit odd as it shows a road car with five stud wheels, but the pit crew is holding an air wrench for a large centre nut.

This is a nice feature, but difficult to do accurately - for instance modern touring cars use a large centre nut fitted by an air wrench, but historic ones use a four or five stud fixing and manual wrench, while historic sports cars use a knock on / knock off centre nut fitted by a mallet. The picture looks a bit odd as it shows a road car with five stud wheels, but the pit crew is holding an air wrench for a large centre nut.
I'm interested to see how it pans out. It isn't an easy thing to do by any means, which is why it isn't common place in the genre on the whole. :)

Let's allow them to walk before we ask em to run eh?

Yes true, but who cares. Why bother spending time creating a seperate animation for a multiple lugnut wheel.

Almost every simulator other than GT and Forza has this feature. It kinda goes without saying that you'll have to manually drive through the pit lane.

Cool :D Great picture on the article :bowdown:
>Sees Chikane commenting on article
>Remember using a P1 as the featured image at the top of the article
rPNCqww.gif

Will it be as easy to control the pit crew with a controller as with a wheel? Or will the selected crew member turn violently, flip out and lose control on a turn of the left analogue stick?:lol:

You do not "control pit crew". You only control the car. You park the car correctly and based on your selected pit stratgey the game will play the required animations. (i.e. if you selected Fuel Only then the game will not do the tire change animations, etc.)

Guess you didn't get the joke?! Oh well...:rolleyes:

Good idea. So the guy who keeps dropping my wheelnut stops screwing me over.

Maybe they should do soft, medium and hard wheelnuts of varying grip to stop from dropping? Gonna contact SMS to get this in. If they do then this is instant pre order.

Maybe they should do soft, medium and hard wheelnuts of varying grip to stop from dropping? Gonna contact SMS to get this in. If they do then this is instant pre order.
We can't call the game a sim if the nuts aren't right. Even if literally everything else is.

We can't call the game a sim if the nuts aren't right. Even if literally everything else is.

I know. I don't know how some developers sleep at night, or have the gaul to get up on stage in front of thousands of people and call their measly game a "simulation" with a straight face, when such big ommissions are so glaring?!

I say a puzzle type mini game where you have to drop the nuts in the corresponding hole and it gets faster with every wheelnut. Maybe a button bashing qte event to tighten the screws quicker. And the crowning glory: shake the controller as hard as possible to get every droplet of fuel out of the pump for more mileage before your next pit stop. This has the potential to become the ultimate simulation party game.

Last edited:
You do not "control pit crew". You only control the car. You park the car correctly and based on your selected pit stratgey the game will play the required animations. (i.e. if you selected Fuel Only then the game will not do the tire change animations, etc.)

Can´t wait to stall the car during a heated Nascar race. Cold brakes coming in to the pits... Danger!

This will be great for online races, pitting requires a lot of skill, specially if the pitboxes are full and chaotic like in a good stock car oval race.

I know. I don't know how some developers sleep at night, or have the gaul to get up on stage in front of thousands of people and call their measly game a "simulation" with a straight face, when such big ommissions are so glaring?!

I say a puzzle type mini game where you have to drop the nuts in the corresponding hole and it gets faster with every wheelnut. Maybe a button bashing qte event to tighten the screws quicker. And the crowning glory: shake the controller as hard as possible to get every droplet of fuel out of the pump for more mileage before your next pit stop. This has the potential to become the ultimate simulation party game.
Are you from Saturn or something? Come on man, tapping buttons rapidly, will determine how fast or slow your time in the pits will be. ;)

Back