Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
I'd rather see more of the existing tracks scanned than see a ton of new tracks added if I had to choose. While none of the tracks are inaccurate to the point that I can't drive them, they could use some laser love.

I'd rather see more of the existing tracks scanned than see a ton of new tracks added if I had to choose. While none of the tracks are inaccurate to the point that I can't drive them, they could use some laser love.
That's fair enough. I'd like to see Silverstone scanned and given some life to it as well as the other Grade 1 circuits you associate with a pristine nature from top flight motorsport.

I do hope they have the budget to push for the bigger tracks like Suzuka, Sebring, Intergalos etc but if not i hope SMS isn't afraid to try and grab a bunch of quality less known national tracks.

I remember people scratching their heads about Ruapuna Park when it was added to PC1 and why they chose it but whatever the reason, it's a blast to drive in a GT3 car or lower. If we got circuits like say Symons Plains for example, I'd for one would be very happy.

And if they do add more street circuits, I'll take Norisring over Macau anyday of the week ;)

You heard it here first. There will be a new pCARS, it's signed. I can't tell you anything but don't hold your breath on timings. We plan to blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water... That will take a while.

Ongoing kudos to this site.
A few suggestions to blow others even more out of the water.

• Is it possible to make the rearview mirrors (in and out mirrors) adjustable like in real life?
  • I mentioned this on the ACC forum as well but is it possible to make fully clickable 3D cockpits with HUD support as in Netkar Pro? I mean a fully working dashboard, all the knobs and switches, which you can operate with your mouse.
  • These fully working interactive dashboards; is it not possible to operate the virtual knobs and switches with virtual hands when using a VR headset with hand tracking?

A few suggestions to blow others even more out of the water.

• Is it possible to make the rearview mirrors (in and out mirrors) adjustable like in real life?

Given that most major sims (iRacing, rFactor 2, etc.) all support this, this is a "must have" in my opinion.

• Offline custom championships- This would include being able to choose the a.i.'s car, livery, and drivers name.
  • More tracks- Sebring, Road Atlanta, Macau, Paul Ricard, Interlagos
  • Flesh out current car classes- Gt4, Lmp2 (a newer Oreca please), update the Gt3 cars with the evo kit versions. Also maybe add new WEC hypercar class if pc3 is truly far down the pipeline.
  • Better, more immersive yellow flag system. Safety cars, restarts after a safety car period.
  • More lively pit lane. This includes pit crew more realistic looking (I understand they are mo cap but they still move a little robotic compared to ACC), more people on pit wall, marshals in pitlane, photographers, crew in garage etc.
  • Larger grid size, up to at least 60 cars for tracks that support it (Le Mans, Nurburgring Nordschliefe, Spa)
  • Improved sounds. The Gt3 car sounds in ACC sound spectacular compared to PC2. Antilag, rattling inside the car etc
That's it for now

• Offline custom championships- This would include being able to choose the a.i.'s car, livery, and drivers name.
  • Flesh out current car classes- Gt4, Lmp2 (a newer Oreca please), update the Gt3 cars with the evo kit versions. Also maybe add new WEC hypercar class if pc3 is truly far down the pipeline.
  • Better, more immersive yellow flag system. Safety cars, restarts after a safety car period.
  • More lively pit lane. This includes pit crew more realistic looking (I understand they are mo cap but they still move a little robotic compared to ACC), more people on pit wall, marshals in pitlane, photographers, crew in garage etc.
  • Larger grid size, up to at least 60 cars for tracks that support it (Le Mans, Nurburgring Nordschliefe, Spa)
  • Improved sounds. The Gt3 car sounds in ACC sound spectacular compared to PC2. Antilag, rattling inside the car etc
That's it for now
Not Paul Ricard, that's a horrible looking track! in real life & on every game I've seen it in.

Edit: maybe the old version without the silly paint work.

That's it for now
Talk about a waste of resource that can be better use somewhere else :rolleyes:

Talk about a waste of resource that can be better use somewhere else :rolleyes:

Elsewhere like your p1 gtr? If pc3 is truly being developed for next gen consoles, ps5, xbox scorpio etc there should be plenty resources available.

Sure maybe all of those won't be quite possible, I don't know what they'll be able to achieve. But the main point I'm trying to make is further immersion.

Elsewhere like your p1 gtr? If pc3 is truly being developed for next gen consoles, ps5, xbox scorpio etc there should be plenty resources available.

Sure maybe all of those won't be quite possible, I don't know what they'll be able to achieve. But the main point I'm trying to make is further immersion.
P1 GTR is not a extra useless resource like people on pit wall, marshals in pitlane, photographers, crew in garage.

P1 GTR is not a extra useless resource like people on pit wall, marshals in pitlane, photographers, crew in garage.

I was being sarcastic. Implying everyone plays the game their own way and have their own priorities on how to improve the series going forward

I like his suggestions. There are a lot of potential cars to be added in GT4 and LMP2 for example and adding circuits those cars race on is only a good thing. As much as Paul Ricard is a carpark, a lot of big series race there and it's a decent track when you stay on it.
And adding people to the pitlane will add life to circuits.
Adding (V)SCs and a better flag system will add more variables to races.

I remember they promising matchmaking too at some point. Another one of the so many promises that eventually went with the wind, and this for the second time being.

I don't know if we should believe anything somebody will sure promise in all directions when pc3 campaign advertising kicks off. PC2 has achieved so much physics wise specially on road cars, but the number of broken promises and the joke of the online mode with all its issues we've been left with will undoubtedly hurt trust when that time comes, again. And offering us an awesome drunk guitar live as well as attacking sim racing clowns without remorse won't be enough to make me forget about all of this. It's been two times already

I like his suggestions. There are a lot of potential cars to be added in GT4 and LMP2 for example and adding circuits those cars race on is only a good thing. As much as Paul Ricard is a carpark, a lot of big series race there and it's a decent track when you stay on it.
And adding people to the pitlane will add life to circuits.
Adding (V)SCs and a better flag system will add more variables to races.
Unless you in private testing :(

It be nice to have a option to turn on those features in private testing cause sometimes it feels like a ghost town especially at night.

@Sentry87 My apologies your suggestion is not a bad one in bring more life to the track via those features. :)

I remember they promising matchmaking too at some point. Another one of the so many promises that eventually went with the wind, and this for the second time being.

I don't know if we should believe anything somebody will sure promise in all directions when pc3 campaign advertising kicks off. PC2 has achieved so much physics wise specially on road cars, but the number of broken promises and the joke of the online mode with all its issues we've been left with will undoubtedly hurt trust when that time comes, again. And offering us an awesome drunk guitar live as well as attacking sim racing clowns without remorse won't be enough to make me forget about all of this. It's been two times already

I don't remember matchmaking ever being offered - ranking yes, which we have, but not matchmaking. Unless my memory is deceiving me of course...

Unless you in private testing :(

It be nice to have a option to turn on those features in private testing cause sometimes it feels like a ghost town especially at night.

@Sentry87 My apologies your suggestion is not a bad one in bring more life to the track via those features. :)

Outside of F1 and sometimes WEC that's pretty much what testing is like - there is no-one there bar the team(s) and maybe a few photographers. Ghost town is normal for testing. I've been one of those people taking photos....

Outside of F1 and sometimes WEC that's pretty much what testing is like - there is no-one there bar the team(s) and maybe a few photographers. Ghost town is normal for testing. I've been one of those people taking photos....
I think he wants to replicate a more trackday feel though with some fans and people around. You don't see a P1 GTR without Mclaren guys.

Pure racing wise the Safety Car and yellow flags are in my opinion the most important piece to add to improve realistic racing, together with the AI running a more similar car behaviour model.

Everything that adds to a more immersive experience is of course always good.

The one thing I wouldn't put my resources in is the VR department as I think that too many people can't use this feature. Other resources you don't use is more of a choice ( rallycross, ice racing ).

And I think I've mentioned this before but I think SMS would do good to ask directly to the users of PC2 what they want to see (improved) in PC3. The people that own this game, and specifically those that still play it are the first ones to buy PC3. The more casual users will always have to be convinced by the end product, although I am probably going to wait for some reviews as well.

I won't be playing PC3, not because of anything PC2/SMS related but because it's guaranteed to be on the next gen machines & I don't buy new console straight away, besides I've only had my 1X a year.

I always wait a while for any kinks within the hardware to be ironed out 1st, especially as we normally see a slimmed down/better mid cycle version of consoles nowadays.

So it looks like it'll be PC4 for me, unless I jump ship to PC gaming again, although I'm a bit out of touch with PC hardware, the last Gaming PC I built was a Pentium 4 HT 3.2ghz with a Radeon X850xt & 4gb of Corsair Ram about 20 odd years ago :lol:

And I think I've mentioned this before but I think SMS would do good to ask directly to the users of PC2 what they want to see (improved) in PC3. The people that own this game, and specifically those that still play it are the first ones to buy PC3. The more casual users will always have to be convinced by the end product, although I am probably going to wait for some reviews as well.
That's fundamentally what WMD was about, getting the players involved. There are also specific threads on the public forum that the devs are certainly aware of, in terms of problems that have been logged, what cars and tracks people want the most, new features etc etc.

However, there is a difference between wanting something and getting something. What Project CARS has always strived to do - at least, from how I see it - is bridge that divide between "casual" and "hardcore" sim-racing, bringing realistic tyre modelling and physics to the masses (you can argue all you like about the success or otherwise of it, I'm just stating what I believe it was aiming at). At some point, a game becomes overwhelming and potentially a chore for the more casual player, when it pushes too far towards the simulation side of things - the same is true of the RPG genre for example - and that is a delicate balance. As such, pCARS3 can either choose to go down one of 3 paths, in my mind:

1. Take the "you want everything? OK, here's everything" path. Give the users everything, cover all the bases, tick all the boxes, simulate everything to the nth degree
2. Sacrifice some of the more 'hardcore' elements to focus on bringing even more realistic racing to the masses. This only really relates to what the player is presented with, the actual physics simulation is the same, so everybody is on a level playing field out on the racetrack.
3. Create a hybrid of the two. Create a simplified "casual" interface that focusses more on the racing and hides the simulation stuff as far as possible. Create a "hardcore" interface that satisfies those that want to simulate everything, see everything, study everything.

Of course, option 3 is the most ideal, as it will appeal to everybody but it is also going to be the most costly to develop. However, if SMS want to really knock this one out of the park, that's the route I'd suggest is likely to reap the highest reward in terms of sales.

@Cluck I'm aware of the WMD group and process, that being said I'm not familiar with the way this group works exactly. I simply think SMS would benefit if they create a survey where PC2 players can prioritize and suggest improvements and additions. This could be narrowed down to the WMD group though.

I know a wishlist has been compiled along the way, just from various posts on the public forum. A survey could be useful though, provided the right questions are asked :)

As for WMD, the whole idea was to develop the game in tandem with the community. SMS will have their own vision of what they want the game to be, but WMD was there to help suggest ideas, test what worked and what didn't work. Lots of community suggestions made were used and community votes were used on more than one occasion to shape the direction pCARS1 went. What WMD can't and won't do is fundamentally change the product that SMS have in mind, unless it is almost the polar opposite. It's a collaboration, after all, not a conflict.

One can only dream of a Driveclub game with those kind of tracks, but of course with the physics+tuning options+livetrack thing.

Back