Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
As I said, PC3 was given the go ahead before MadBox. They managed to fund PC2 without any issues - why do you think they can't fund PC3? If it was to be the launch title (don't remember reading this), that would be to sell MadBox rather than to sell PC3.

SMS are primarily a games developer. They were looking to get involved in console hardware. If they have changed their minds about the console (at least one source says they haven't) you seem to imply this means they would then stop developing games. I don't see the logic at all. If Microsoft, another software developer who decided to get into console hardware, changed their mind about making the X Box a few months into development, would they then say - guys - this X box idea hasn't worked out, lets cancell the next version of Windows and stop making Office.

I am not saying that they would stop making games obviously. Of course that wouldn't make sense and you are simply using a straw man argument here.
However, SMS might be a tad smaller than Microsoft and a seemingly troubled project of this scale can very well have an impact on other projects. It all depends on how much weight the MadBox sales had in the PC3 business case, really. It might very well have little impact (being mostly included in a best case scenario) but I don't believe it isn't part of the business case.
To be fair, when looking at the alleged reason for the investors pulling out and the amount of money involved, I doubt that the MadBox was taken into account with any significant likelihood. I would assume it was on a too shaky ground to be counted on for PC3 income. But then again, why announce a project like that to the world when it is not much more than an idea? Doesn't make you look particularly good.

SMS should hire the guy from Pure Rock Crawling for the suspension and tire model.

It could very well be a false interpretation of me but I always took it as they wanted a console that could meet their demands. The fact that cancelling the MadBox comes around the same time as that development kits of the next generation are distributed strengthened my belief.

Besides the discussion why this happened and what it's implications can be we should all just hope for the best game possible on as many platforms as possible so nobody gets disappointed.

It could very well be a false interpretation of me but I always took it as they wanted a console that could meet their demands. The fact that cancelling the MadBox comes around the same time as that development kits of the next generation are distributed strengthened my belief.

Besides the discussion why this happened and what it's implications can be we should all just hope for the best game possible on as many platforms as possible so nobody gets disappointed.
I think once they saw the rumoured specs for PS5 they realised they would not be able to soak up the losses needed to put out equivalent hardware themselves at a price that customers will swallow.

But then again, why announce a project like that to the world when it is not much more than an idea? Doesn't make you look particularly good.

Its the way SMS (or Ian Bell) likes to work. Why announce PC3 had been given the go ahead? Most developers will only announce a game a few months prior to release.

With MadBox clearly SMS did not have the resources to develop it alone. By announcing it on Twitter they attracted investors and developers interest.

Some may also remember the "I have a cunning plan" moment at NoGrip forum which led to the original Project Cars.

Game needs a lot more Nascar and IndyCar content to attract more US players. I know plenty of US players jumping over to HEAT of all things because they are now totally bored of the extremely limited oval content in PC2.

Sounds need to be improved and also the visuals. Track environment like the hills, bushes etc look sub par, in general tracks could use a graphical revamp. And the cars have physicswise a very strange feeling sometimes, when you throw then into a corner, as if they remain on rails and dont spin out even though you turned stability control off. More road cars would be great. But for some reason i think SMS are not going to make a Project Cars 3, i think they work on something else tbh.

More rally cars (more wrc cars),more go karts (shifters, tag karts) more tracks where the actually timing and scoring line is position like in real life. Having actually yellow flags and a pace car that actually comes out, having a better pit strategy option in terms of choosing how many pit stops to have depending on what track is being raced on.

Because Ian won't stop buying his mum Ferraris.

On a serious note though, I hope to hear some news this year of what to look forward to.

Sim racing needs a new hype train it's very slow right now

We haven't had any news about the SMS Fast & Furious game yet. I can't see them saying much about PC3 for a while.

We need some more option/setup things that help us run lobbies/control things.

-Ability to manually organize starting grid.
For those who do touring car style single qualifying sessions that lead to multiple races with inverted grids and stuff, this would be hugely useful.

-"Track day" function that works as an open practice where you quit to the lobby and change cars.

This would be a very useful feature for playing with friends and testing out cars and trying tuning changes and stuff. It would also make for a sort of "track day" type event for public lobbies, which would be fun as well.

-Manually control which cars people/AI can use in the lobby, instead of just by class.

This would be nice for narrowing down options, for both public lobbies and single player races with AI. We could eliminate OP cars from classes, as well as limit available cars for themed races. For example, I wanted to run a Ginetta endurance race that had the Ginetta LMP3, Ginetta GT4 and GT5 available, but if I choose that for multiclass settings I get AI in the Ligier P3 and all the GT4 cars.

-Lobby settings to force certain tire types or min/max fuel loads.
This could be used as a tool to inject a little strategy into shorter races.

-Bring back the options to scale tire wear and fuel burn.
Again, can be used as a tool to bring strategy to shorter races. We have "accelerated" tire wear, now but I mean adjustable with a wide range of settings, like say from 2x to 20x at least.

I'm sure there is other stuff like this that I've wished for while configuring lobbies that I am just forgetting at the moment.

I'd like to see a greater emphasis on lower class Formula cars. Much like the Formula B in PCARS1. Since the Formula Renault 3.5 is not used anymore, despite wanting to keep it, I'd like to see some equivalent levels either licensed or designed by SMS such as Formula 2.

In addition, like to see at least part of the new two-stage Formula 3 with the FIA F3-19 and the Tatuus T-318 used in Formula Renault Eurocup and other series. Ideally, I'd take both but one of these will be fine. More realistically the Tatuus seeing as that's made by Tatuus for multiple series as opposed for the Dallara F3-19 for just FIA F3.

I'd also like to see Formula 4 represented. Even though we have the "Formula Ford," it's not a Formula 4 car with the closest we've had being the Formula Gulf. I found that was a pretty popular car and, at least, one version would be sufficient. Such as the Tatuus F4-T014 used in Germany, Italy and others or the Mygale M14-F4 used in the UK, China and Australia.

On the American side, I'd like to see the Road to Indy represented. Since we have IndyCar already in both games, I can see it returning for PCARS3 so this would be a good opportunity to extend to the three series below it with Indy Lights, Indy Pro 2000 and US F2000. For Indy Lights, there is the Dallara IL-15 with both road course and oval versions giving more open wheel cars on ovals. Even though the cars for Indy Pro 2000 and US F2000 are based on the Tatuus F4 car, both would be useful and great to have in game.

I'm sure these were already suggested, but wth...
  • Show the names of the cars on the lobby screen, not just the images.
  • Option to eliminate specific types of weather when set to 'Random.'
  • Option to force Mandatory tire change / fuel limits.
  • Tire / fuel Usage multipliers. (2x, 5x, etc)
  • Option to enable Random Cautions/Code 60s.
  • Separate starts for multi-class races (ie, touring cars start 10 secs after GT3)
  • No Driver rating loss after host leaves (Host loses points, others do not)
  • Allow host to advance sessions.

My wishlist for PC3 is as follows:

• Better gamepad integration. It is literally impossible to drive with the hyper cars (LaFerrari etc.) on a ps4 gamepad unless you crawl around the track
  • Better weather. I love the weather variations but the consoles really need a weather setting where you don't know what is going to happen during the race. Setting 2+ slots to automatic just turns into super unrealistic weather most of the time. Unless they can add an option where for each slot you can dictate between which options it should choose. ie. slot one is automatic between sunny, partly cloudy, overcast, slot 2 is automatic between light rain, partly cloudy etc. etc.
  • Better weather integration in career...pointless that the same race will have the same weather every year in the career
  • Some F1 cars would be awesome.
  • The menus must be a lot faster...just can't understand what they were thinking with pc2. There shouldn't be any delay when trying to select tracks or cars
  • Better penalty system
  • safety cars
  • Better AI strategy during races

My whishlist :

First, madness engine is awesome but for pcars3 it will be better than ever (AwweSooMme).

- realistic :
more realistic in all point : physics, dust, stable setup for cars, tyres with punctures, controls, visuals, environnement, people, etc.

- Endurance : all options as in real life : driver swap, real lightning, long time replay (24hours to see or more) etc...

- gamepad control :
today, we have some bad sensation and effect (first, like if car is not sticky in ground - not real grip. two, car is not heavy). if i play with wheel (fanatec test), car is heavy, grip is good (with good FFB settings).
Why not with Gamepad ? And sadly ACC have these points - sensations are good, grip, heavy car.
So SMS will must look to ACC control feeling to update gamepad sensation and do better as Kunos.

- Gamepad vibration :
In xboxOne controller, Add vibration in two sticks (brake and accelerate) and in body (left, right).
With this addon, we have feeling in each wheel (loss of grip, bumpers, etc).

- IA : A realistic IA is necessary.

- lights : lights in car in night drive, flasking lights, left and right flash.

- Interface : make more fun or serious

- Textures : today, we have only SD texture (1024x1024) with poor resolution and aliasing, and from introduction video we have HD texture. So, textures in game are not good. i want an option to choose HD textures (2048x2048 or 4096x4096) or a really good resolution and no aliasing.

- Livery Studio : yes, i want it to add or personnalise cars like NFS or others.

- tracks : more tracks with real championship in it : paul ricard, hungaro

- cars : maybe the best liked series : hypercar series in WEC, TDM, WTCC...etc...

- Season pass, free car : like the best game in console, more and more season and free car.

Last edited:
One thing that keeps popping up that has to be mentioned if it hasn't, and has to be mentioned again and again if it has:

You have to have proper control over time progression. 1x - 2x - 5x - 10x is NOT good enough. Every step should be there at 1x increments all the way through the scale but at the very least up to 10. For longer races in particular but even in medium-length races, the differences between those steps is MASSIVE and can make it very difficult to get the race you want.

One thing that keeps popping up that has to be mentioned if it hasn't, and has to be mentioned again and again if it has:

You have to have proper control over time progression. 1x - 2x - 5x - 10x is NOT good enough. Every step should be there at 1x increments all the way through the scale but at the very least up to 10. For longer races in particular but even in medium-length races, the differences between those steps is MASSIVE and can make it very difficult to get the race you want.
Normally, when people say something has to be mentioned, it's completely overblown. But that's not the case here. I completely agree. I'd like to go from 0-60 in time progression.

I would love some 80s and 90s F1 cars and circuits.

I'm sure Codies are holding the rights to these but they don't seem interested in doing any authentic simulation of 80s and 90s F1 races. The Project Cars sandbox approach would be perfect for doing this.

Well after assetto competizione bluff/scam, yes really some announcement at the e3 or whenever but soon please would be much appreciated.

I'd really like another Driveclub game with good enjoyable semi-arcady physics right now, but looks like $ony is busy making popcorn games while shutting down driveclub servers, too, and I won't never ever install windows10 just so that I can play ****ing forza horizon. That's a no thanks M$

Better online servers. It's the one thing keeping me from playing PC2, since I'm not a guy who enjoys offline stuff that much anymore.

Why its not good?
Because it disconnects me less than 5 minutes in for any lobby that has up to 6 other Americans. Doesn't matter what track/car combo or how high of a quality the room says, it kicks me before I even have a chance to complete lap 1.

Because it disconnects me less than 5 minutes in for any lobby that has up to 6 other Americans. Doesn't matter what track/car combo or how high of a quality the room says, it kicks me before I even have a chance to complete lap 1.

Sound more a connection problem IP/DNS configuration

Better online servers. It's the one thing keeping me from playing PC2, since I'm not a guy who enjoys offline stuff that much anymore.
Console versions of PC2 do not have any servers. It is a peer to peer game. Your connection situation will be dependant on your connection and that of the host.

If you are having issues every race then you need to look at your own setup (end to end from the PS4, right through any network connectivity at home, and up to your broadband provider) to diagnose the cause. It can be very tricky to isolate the cause so good luck.

Support for dedicated servers in PC3 on console would be superb (PC version pf PC2 already has it). It would be great for leagues to be able to run a dedicated server or two.

Back