Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

So, you were the one that posted information from a pm and now it's Famine. I really think, he'll like the blame on that one!
Not what I said at all, and given that I actually tagged him in it, I’m sure if he has an issue he will let me know.

I’ve know him for over a decade, fairly sure if I was going to throw him under a bus I would do it better than that!

Last edited:
I'd add the Assetto Corsa community to the list along with GT and PCars fans, because while they were only a small community at the time of the console release they were equally fanatical about that title having no issues... even though they were playing on PC.

No one ever said pc3 had no issues, or any of the other titles for that matter.
And we're not fanatical either, there are several ways to give criticism, the wrong ones get warned or worse. This is stated in the forum rules...

Last edited:
Not what I said at all, and given that I actually tagged him in it, I’m sure if he has an issue he will let me know.

I’ve know him for over a decade, fairly sure if I was going to throw him under a bus I would do it better than that!
Maybe, I misread your posting. But, at least I am not above admitting that I was wrong. See, it's actually pretty easy to do!

Last edited:
And we're not fanatical either, there are several ways to give criticism, the wrong ones get warned or worse. This is stated in the forum rules...
That part was referring to the Assetto Corsa game and fans, but I was agreeing with @Scaff that criticisms are taken far to much to heart by the GT and Project Cars communities.

And we're not fanatical either, there are several ways to give criticism, the wrong ones get criticised or worse. This is stated in the forum rules...
That part was referring to the Assetto Corsa game and fans, but I was agreeing with @Scaff that criticisms are taken far to much to heart by the GT and Project Cars communities.

Again, they're not.
Criticism is encouraged, how else would something ever change?
But criticism is not ranting... That's fine over here, but at the official forum it's stated in the rules and will get acted upon.
That is after all part of my "job"...

Encouraged? You sure you're using the right word there, is that why there's a flurry of conversation with "critism" on the official forum and discord at the moment?

Screenshot_20210228_213819_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210228_213642_com.android.chrome.jpg

I have, it's a ghost town and when comments are made there are threats to watch their tone

Probably because they needed to be warned (not threatened)

Same rules apply over there, if there's something i've done to break the rules, feel free to report me...

Again, they're not.
Criticism is encouraged, how else would something ever change?
But criticism is not ranting... That's fine over here, but at the official forum it's stated in the rules and will get acted upon.
That is after all part of my "job"...
But here's the thing, you seem to see constructive criticism as ranting just because you don't agree.

BTW, I'm enjoying the game so far... but there really does need to be a choice to let me toggle the ghosts off in Rivals. I've lost a few good laps due to lack of vision. Edit: Hopefully this is something that's rectified , if not for PCars 3 then at least for PCars 4.

Last edited:
Probably because they needed to be warned (not threatened)

Same rules apply over there, if there's something i've done to break the rules, feel free to report me...

No need to report you, that's your space where you and your mates can carry on your delusional conversations,

It's when you come here and can't accept people's opinions on the game that differ to yours and come across as if it's a personal attack on you, thats the problem.

You're not breaking rules, how you are being perceived is an entirely separate matter, if people want to discuss the game in a positive or negative way let them, you don't need to comment on it every time you don't like what's being said

But here's the thing, you seem to see constructive criticism as ranting just because you don't agree.

BTW, I'm enjoying the game so far... but there really does need to be a choice to let me toggle the ghosts off in Rivals. I've lost a few good laps due to lack of vision.

That's simply not true... I've been around long enough to know the difference, and i am pretty good at recognizing who is just there to cause trouble.

The ghost thing has been reported before, i don't know if it will change though.

No need to report you, that's your space where you and your mates can carry on your delusional conversations,

It's when you come here and can't accept people's opinions on the game that differ to yours and come across as if it's a personal attack on you, thats the problem.

You're not breaking rules, how you are being perceived is an entirely separate matter, if people want to discuss the game in a positive or negative way let them, you don't need to comment on it every time you don't like what's being said

It's not about liking what's being said, (for the umpteenth time) it's about HOW it's being said.
I'm sure you'll agree that a moderator's job is to make sure the rules are applied?
Especially on a forum sponsored by the devs.

That's simply not true... I've been around long enough to know the difference, and i am pretty good at recognizing who is just there to cause trouble.

The ghost thing has been reported before, i don't know if it will change though.
You seem to be getting two conversations mixed up together. I'm only talking of the conversation between us and what's happening here in this forum, not what's happening there (which I presume is in the official forum).

It's when you come here and can't accepqt people's opinions on the game that differ to yours and come across as if it's a personal attack on you, thats the problem.

We're all delusional. TY for the kind comment about the conversations!

Last edited:
There are pad filters always present, but nothing that would give any advantage over a skilled wheel user.

I have a screenshot from one of the Rivals Events from a couple days ago and the used input method is part of the recorded infos in the leaderboard... Fastest laptime overall of the event driven with wheel... And that is not an rare exception...

projectcars326.02.202fejhl.png

PC3 pad controls use just a very light steering input filter which is needed for great pad experience and SMS nailed that finally and for the first time in their game history...

A lot people think when a game is good drivable with pad it can not be a sim but game physics do not need to be dumped down to play the game with a gamepad... Its about a good implementation of steering filters... Like Kunos did a great job with that in AC and pad user were able to drive top 10 leaderboard times. But no question about that in long races when tire wear becomes the most important factor the smooth input of a wheel is unbeatable...

Driving GTE cars at Nordschleife in iRacing on a PS4 pad ?

And nope thats not faked and most iRacer do know Kutu or use his Kapps apps ingame...

screenshot_797zfjia.jpg

Last edited:
PC3 pad controls use just a very light steering input filter which is needed for great pad experience and SMS nailed that finally and for the first time in their game history...

I'm a wheel user and I like seeing that it's not handicaping me as I know I can still be competitive by driving my best with the wheel.

@Toblerone top 3

For fun I sometimes try the gamepad and I really like how they did this for gamepad. I'm faster on the wheel than the gamepad. But with practice maybe I can come close.

Users that are struggling to understand it I would suggest driving in cockpit mode to see what is happening. Some understanding of caster and drifting will help appreciate what SMS did to improve the gamepad controls.

Last edited:
What? Are you serious? PC1 and PC2 has great pad controls. PC3 is completely off and it helps like crazy, something like Gran turismo. The problem with pad controls assists in PC3 they help badly, I can't play it. I play games like PC1, PC2, rFactor 1, AMS1, AMS2, AC, ACC very often this year and no other game has broken controls like PC3. Even highly assisted GT is fine, if you learn how to tell the game to steer (I don't like GT helpers).

I'm a wheel user and I like seeing that it's not handicaping me as I know I can still be competitive by driving my best with the wheel.

For fun I sometimes try the gamepad and I really like how they did this for gamepad. I'm faster on the wheel than the gamepad. But with practice maybe I can come close.

Users that are struggling to understand it I would suggest driving in cockpit mode to see what is happening. Some understanding of caster and drifting will help appreciate what SMS did to improve the gamepad controls.

Since, I generally suck with a controller. It took sometime to get used to the controller in this game. It's not too bad, better than initially thought. I would like the ability to make a small adjustment.

@Johnnn, why in the world would you play some of the games listed with a controller? Do you have a wheel?

Last edited:
What? Are you serious? PC1 and PC2 has great pad controls. PC3 is completely off and it helps like crazy, something like Gran turismo. The problem with pad controls assists in PC3 they help badly, I can't play it. I play games like PC1, PC2, rFactor 1, AMS1, AMS2, AC, ACC very often this year and no other game has broken controls like PC3. Even highly assisted GT is fine, if you learn how to tell the game to steer (I don't like GT helpers).

Ok seems like i prefer different type of pad settings then you do. For me PC3 pad controls are spot on. I use a 360 pad on pc. But looking back to Forza (Played Forza 2-4 before starting racing on pc) and their pad controls i find that non adjustable speed sensitive steering filter they use overly exaggerated and annoying in comparison. For me PC3 pad controls are on the same level as in Grid, Dirt games and give me the right amount and way more agilty in steering angle and car control than Forza but not too much that it would become oversensitive and hard to drive.

Edit: Tbh i think the reason i disliked the PC2 pad controls is because i drove it only a couple times with pad and only used the default settings without trying to change them to find something thats suits me better and if i remember right it had all the needed options to adjust the pad controls.

Last edited:
@Johnnn, why in the world would you play some of the games listed with a controller? Do you have a wheel?

Because gamepad is different way to play games. I don't need a wheel if I have a gamepad.

Ok seems like i prefer different type of pad settings then you do. For me PC3 pad controls are spot on. I use a 360 pad on pc. But looking back to Forza (Played Forza 2-4 before starting racing on pc) and their pad controls i find that non adjustable speed sensitive steering filter they use overly exaggerated and annoying in comparison. For me PC3 pad controls are on the same level as in Grid, Dirt games and give me the right amount and way more agilty in steering angle and car control than Forza but not too much that it would become oversensitive and hard to drive.
Don't worry, I have many friends who like PC3 controls. I just don't understand it :D I would like to play the game a bit but it's not possible. It's probably for different audience than PC1 and PC2 which I like a lot on a gamepad.

OK, Grid and Dirt is similar. Forza is harder to control (less assists). And that's exactly why many people think PC3 is arcade game. The controls are similar to Grid, for instance. But PC3 has better controls than Grid but still nobody think Grid is big sim. I don't think Grid has bad physics but still nothing special. PC3 has great physics (good roots) but very covered by strange controls.

Because gamepad is different way to play games. I don't need a wheel if I have a gamepad.

Don't worry, I have many friends who like PC3 controls. I just don't understand it :D I would like to play the game a bit but it's not possible. It's probably for different audience than PC1 and PC2 which I like a lot on a gamepad.

OK, Grid and Dirt is similar. Forza is harder to control (less assists). And that's exactly why many people think PC3 is arcade game. The controls are similar to Grid, for instance. But PC3 has better controls than Grid but still nobody think Grid is big sim. I don't think Grid has bad physics but still nothing special. PC3 has great physics (good roots) but very covered by strange controls.

Looking at that list! You are playing what's considered to be hardcore sim titles on that list with a controller. But, you can't play with PC3 which is called by some here as an Arcade game!

Impresssssive list @Johnnn, "I play games like PC1, PC2, rFactor 1, AMS1, AMS2, AC, ACC very often this year and no other game has broken controls like PC3."

Last edited:
I don't need a wheel if I have a gamepad.

A short personal story:. I startet playing on Pc in 2013 and of course with just a Xbox360 gamepad. Coming from Xbox with many years playing mostly Forza it was refreshing to find out about the free to play RaceRoom Open Beta and driving it excessively. After thousands of laps and many hours on the one thing that was available in RR back then: Hotlapping RR Raceway to death ^^ it become more and more clear to me that the limiting factor to set faster times and better car control > more joy at driving is the gamepad so i bought my first wheel and pedals... And so the huge simracing, physics and force feedback loophole sucked me in :D

But its not like that i can only have fun in race sims now, i continued to drive and enjoy basically every race game from Need for Speed, Dirt, Grid, Forza series that got realeased over the years until today ^^

Last edited:
In my case it was different. I startet playing on Pc in 2013 and of course with just a Xbox360 gamepad. Coming from Xbox with many years playing mostly Forza it was refreshing to find out about the free to play RaceRoom Open Beta and driving it excessively. After thousands of laps and many hours on the one thing that was available in RR back then: Hotlapping RR Raceway to death ^^ it become more and more clear to me that the limiting factor to get faster times and better car control is the gamepad so i bought my first wheel and pedals... And so the huge simracing, physics and force feedback loophole sucked me in :D
That loophole sucked me in over two decades ago.

Looking at that list! You are playing what's considered to be hardcore sim titles on that list with a controller. But, you can't play with PC3 which is called by some here as an Arcade game!

Impresssssive list @Johnnn, "I play games like PC1, PC2, rFactor 1, AMS1, AMS2, AC, ACC very often this year and no other game has broken controls like PC3."
I started with normal Forza Horizon. It's pretty good because of Motorsport physics. But after some time I couldn't control car more than game allowed me. Next thing was why GT is so easy and Horizon is harder than it on a gamepad. I started to understand gamepad helpers more and started to play games without it. It's completely different feeling from driving. Funny thing is GT is far harder to me today because the game helps a lot and you need to drive like game wants. In a sim, every game is the same with small differences. If you understand how car works you can easily do what you want (bad or good). Nobody tells you how you should drive. And that's the reason why sims on a gamepad are completely different story. Normal games are fine but it's not real driving and feeling from it is not full. It could be fun for sure, I still play normal games but it's not real driving.

PC3 has higly assisted controls which is not bad. The bad is how it works. I tested it yesterday again and it's so weird to steer there. Wheel doesn't react to your inputs too much. Games just does something and you can't steer. Interesting is nobody sees it but many people don't play seriously on a pad. So they probably don't know. I am not sure yet. I can tell for sure physics is not bad at all.

A short personal story:. I startet playing on Pc in 2013 and of course with just a Xbox360 gamepad. Coming from Xbox with many years playing mostly Forza it was refreshing to find out about the free to play RaceRoom Open Beta and driving it excessively. After thousands of laps and many hours on the one thing that was available in RR back then: Hotlapping RR Raceway to death ^^ it become more and more clear to me that the limiting factor to set faster times and better car control > more joy at driving is the gamepad so i bought my first wheel and pedals... And so the huge simracing, physics and force feedback loophole sucked me in :D

But its not like that i can only have fun in race sims now, i continued to drive and enjoy basically every race game from Need for Speed, Dirt, Grid, Forza series that got realeased over the years until today ^^
I played on a wheel for more than 10 years and that's probably the reason I don't play anymore. It's fine but I wanted to try something else. Sometimes I still play GT6 on my G25. When I have more space for very expensive rig I try it again.

And important thing for me is where are my gamepad limits. I need to train at least for few years to see it so who knows how far I will get.

How toxic has this thread become?

It's a game.

Some of you like it, some don't.

What I can see is PCars3 wasn't what it was promised to be. Which leads many to doubt the promises for PCars4, considering it's not been that long since the PCars3 release.

PC3 is probably the most arcade like racer I have played in a while. How do you go from this to the most realistic sim ever? Was PC and PC2 much better than 3?

I like to change it up and try different games. F1, GTS and ACC have been my go lately. But I really like building up my car in PC3. Oh the choices!

Back